Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 9 April)

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    You should be able to import from calc. When you save, do a "Save As..." and select "all files" or ".csv". Check the "Edit Filter Settings" box. Change the field delimited to {TAB} and delete the text delimiter so that it is blank. IIRC, PFM will import files ending with CSV, but if it doesn't, change the extension to .TSV and it should work. This method works for Excel too.
    I still get an error when importing (it's in Dutch and I don't know how to translate into decent English). I must be doing something wrong...
    Could it have anything to do with .NET framework? I tried installing 3.5 but it failed at the end. I do have 3.5 SP1 listed in my programs.

Edit 2: It's not .NET framework but calc. I checked the original tsv and the modified csv, and calc seems to have made dates from certain numbers (e.g. 04/05/10 instead of 4.5). I'll search for a solution in a more appropriate forum now

Thank you for your help with the TSV importing! =)
    Last edited by Wicked Moose; April 17, 2010 at 07:13 AM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 9 April)

Hi erasmus;
    Any attempt to edit the unit_stats_naval_crew_to_factions ; leads to CTD are we facing the same problem you solved before in ETW

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ats_naval_crew

I have tried many ways editing the 4 row of the .tsv and re Importing it ; always ctd
    even if I just import exactly the same .tsv from the data folder whithout changing any thing ; I guess the Import changes sthing in the file .
    Can you solve it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy Moose View Post
    I still get an error when importing (it's in Dutch and I don't know how to translate into decent English). I must be doing something wrong...
    Could it have anything to do with .NET framework? I tried installing 3.5 but it failed at the end. I do have 3.5 SP1 listed in my programs.

Edit 2: It's not .NET framework but calc. I checked the original tsv and the modified csv, and calc seems to have made dates from certain numbers (e.g. 04/05/10 instead of 4.5). I'll search for a solution in a more appropriate forum now

Thank you for your help with the TSV importing! =)
    Also, see this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28#post6995928

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    Hi erasmus;
    Any attempt to edit the unit_stats_naval_crew_to_factions ; leads to CTD are we facing the same problem you solved before in ETW

I have tried many ways editing the 4 row of the .tsv and re Importing it ; always ctd
    even if I just import exactly the same .tsv from the data folder whithout changing any thing ; I guess the Import changes sthing in the file .
    Can you solve it ?
    Replace the file of the same name in the DBFileTypes folder with the attached.

when i try to open the patch.pack or any other original files i get an error
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

is that just me or everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dterror1303 View Post
    when i try to open the patch.pack or any other original files i get an error
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

is that just me or everyone?
    This is the first time I've seen that error. Do you have all of the files in the same folder? If not, please make sure that you have your directory set up exactly as it was in the .zip distribution. If that doesn't fix the problem, and you have Vista or 7, right-click PFM and choose "Run as Administrator".

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    Hi erasmus;

Can you solve it ?
    Here's the full fix.

I'm having a bit of a problem with replacing sound files with the Mod Manager. I want to replace inf _unit_generic_response_1.mp3 with anougher audio file of the same name and format (MP3). I click on the file I want to replace and chose replace. The text then turns red and italic. I click the save button and the whole app crashes! What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by filmmakermennona View Post
    I'm having a bit of a problem with replacing sound files with the Mod Manager. I want to replace inf _unit_generic_response_1.mp3 with anougher audio file of the same name and format (MP3). I click on the file I want to replace and chose replace. The text then turns red and italic. I click the save button and the whole app crashes! What am I doing wrong?
    Maybe nothing. There have been some reports of PFM crashing during saves. Also, are you trying to mod a vanilla CA file? If so, I would advise against it. Take a look at my tutorial on creating a mod which is listed in this forum.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Hello everything is fine for thee but how to change values of units in custom battles >> for instance the range of units the moral >? things like that and also ammos thanks alot.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by GAS MASK View Post
    Hello everything is fine for thee but how to change values of units in custom battles >> for instance the range of units the moral >? things like that and also ammos thanks alot.
    for such little changes you should look in ETW threads and tutorial, it is all the same, no big changes, so just edit like in empire.
    However moral and other values are all in units_stats_land table of db table in data.pack and further changes in patch and patch2 pack.
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    for such little changes you should look in ETW threads and tutorial, it is all the same, no big changes, so just edit like in empire.
    However moral and other values are all in units_stats_land table of db table in data.pack and further changes in patch and patch2 pack.

Thanks Mate

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

@erasmus777 I like to thank you for this tool, with this I make my mod true +rep for your support to community with such tool

Hello i am having a extreme hard time creating a mod file for the nepolean campaign i have tried every step time and time a gain and i dont seem to get it at all.if some one could send me a sample or more detailed insturctions that would be very appreaciated cuz i have no skills at all when it comes to editing.

Quote Originally Posted by menchacac View Post
    Hello i am having a extreme hard time creating a mod file for the nepolean campaign i have tried every step time and time a gain and i dont seem to get it at all.if some one could send me a sample or more detailed insturctions that would be very appreaciated cuz i have no skills at all when it comes to editing.
    There are numerous example here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...rune=-1&f=1438

Can you attach your mod? That way we can see what you're doing.

Hey Erasmus, just wondering if it would be possible for me to increase the image size of atlas files?

I have been entering bigger numbers in the image height box at the top, but when i hit save it just reverts back to 4096?

Is this a limitation of the game or an issue with PFM?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mongsworth View Post
    Hey Erasmus, just wondering if it would be possible for me to increase the image size of atlas files?

I have been entering bigger numbers in the image height box at the top, but when i hit save it just reverts back to 4096?

Is this a limitation of the game or an issue with PFM?

cheers
    Neither, really. It's a default value that I put in PFM and is only used for computing the TU/PU conversion. It never gets written to file and doesn't actually affect anything with one important exception: if you input coordinates in PU, the value in the box (4096 or otherwise) is used to convert them to TU; the TU values are saved. Hope that makes sense.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Neither, really. It's a default value that I put in PFM and is only used for computing the TU/PU conversion. It never gets written to file and doesn't actually affect anything with one important exception: if you input coordinates in PU, the value in the box (4096 or otherwise) is used to convert them to TU; the TU values are saved. Hope that makes sense.
    Hi Erasmus
    when I added new entries / texture references, firstly I worked in PU mode, but I experienced a little problem in 4096x2048 dds files, problem for x2 and y2, hence I learn to work in TU mode when edit coordinates and all go right
    about Lord question I reckon he wanted to know if is it possible create bigger dds.
    If you looked britain_diffuse.dds you would realize it is quite full with texture, hence if you want to give new texture to britain without create a new set of new prefixed atlas and dds, you must increase size of britain atlas and dds.
    so 4096 width and height is a hardcoded limit? I do not tested it yet, I reckon anyway we must edit in hexeditor bytes about atlas size.
    If increase atlas size worked, could you update your PFM giving us possibility to fix atlas and dds size.

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi Erasmus
    when I added new entries / texture references, firstly I worked in PU mode, but I experienced a little problem in 4096x2048 dds files, problem for x2 and y2, hence I learn to work in TU mode when edit coordinates and all go right
    What was the problem?

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

What was the problem?
    the problem is only for halfsize dds, 4096x2048 pixel, if I entered values for y2 in pixel, I would have this trouble:
    if I entered it as normal size pasted/added texture size would be not correct, doubled
    if I entered it as halved size added texture would have incorrect size, neither correct nor doubled, but a different one height size with no relations with all the other.
    so only way to edit correct values for y2 is to work in TU mode and not PU mode.

- Voloire -