Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.4 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 7 April)

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi Erasmus
    grrrr again error while enlarging columns in atlas files
    great works the grid in dds
    I'll continue to work on this problem, gents. I think it's a bug with some open source 3rd party code I used. I thought I had fixed it, but I'll see if I can fix it.

^^killzoneGB You're welcome

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 3 April)

I apologize but I can't understand what you wish to tell.
    "Hat A" what does it means
    if you mean give a hat (eg: muslim hat) to a faction which does not has it in vanilla (eg. english cavalry), is quite simple.
    you must create, to not affect all units which are related to same prefixed set of atlas and dds files (eg. britain_colour_mask.atlas britain_colour_mask.dds britain_diffuse.atlas britain_diffuse.dds britain_gloss.atlas britain_gloss.dds britain_normal.atlas britain_normal.dds) a new set of atlas and dds prefixed as you wish (eg. myset_xxxxxxx.atlas myset_xxxxxxx.dds ..... .... .....)
    give same prefix to the unit_variant files you choose to mod.
    all this operations must be done out of pack files in a directory you use as workshop with same directory tree of the pack files.
    now you have to import all new prefixed files in your mod and with powerfull Erasmus PFM change in all the unit_variant (soldier, officer musician and standard_bearer) the entries about the old vanilla hats with the new one you wish your unit had.
    Once done with the unit_variant files you have to do the same with the four atlas files, take care to be exact in swap old hat with the new one, note the coordinate about such entry, with PFM now is childish game check the box up in pfm to pixel.
    Now there is the big work, in your favourite image editor you have to edit all the four dds, replacing the old vanilla hat with the new one. It must be done exactly, so take care to check coordinates!!!!!
    I made this little test with a fictional bengala lancers http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...2&d=1269100474 open and look in it for examples and more clarifications.
    cheers
    Forget, I need to find somebody to do this for me, which you mind?
    I want to make the Russian jeagers wear top hats and grenadiers Danish Bearskins.

Also, I can't change Russian musketeer soldiers' kiwers to Prussian shakos, which are used by the pre-order DLC units. Any help?
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; April 07, 2010 at 04:16 PM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 8 April)

Updated to 1.5.5. Once again, I believe I solved (or rather worked around) the Out of Memory exception. I'm hoping this will be the last update for a while so I can work on the other tools.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 8 April)

Muchous gracias......... (many thanks)

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

alas Erasmus, again 1.5.5 does not keep changes once saved.
    Like a former version I guess it was 1.5.3 but I am not sure, same error but this time after much more time
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

alas Erasmus, again 1.5.5 does not keep changes once saved.
    Like a former version I guess it was 1.5.3 but I am not sure, same error but this time after much more time
    Fixed the save problem. As for the error message, I haven't seen that one before. Let me know if it happens again. It looks like it's related to one of the open source dlls that I used.
    Last edited by erasmus777; April 09, 2010 at 10:48 AM.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 9 April)

Ok Erasmus I will keep you up to date about it
    thanks again for your work
    maxsim

- Voloire -

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 9 April)

As i asked before, iam trying to put the german militia coat to some french units, like the fussiliers and the guard, how can i do that is there a way that i can possibly do that, cause iam trying to iam changing the mesh and the texture from the variant file of the french fusiliers and NO result, the mesh of the coat enters succesfully but the texture is a mess an mixture of the french dds texture file.
    Is there a way that i can possibly add this or it is not possible to add parts from other faction to another faction like the coat to the french?
    Thanks in advance
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    As i asked before, iam trying to put the german militia coat to some french units, like the fussiliers and the guard, how can i do that is there a way that i can possibly do that, cause iam trying to iam changing the mesh and the texture from the variant file of the french fusiliers and NO result, the mesh of the coat enters succesfully but the texture is a mess an mixture of the french dds texture file.
    Is there a way that i can possibly add this or it is not possible to add parts from other faction to another faction like the coat to the french?
    Thanks in advance
    Have you worked through this yet? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347507

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Yes but to be honest i couldnt find the solution i was looking for
    Iam experimenting with what i can do and i found the following.
    As i was searching on what to do, i came across some very interesting facts, i put in the variant file the path for the german coat, and i put in the atlas the path, BUT i see that those paths are useful ONLY for the coordinance values cause from there you can modify and specify what texture is going to be used, so the game do NOT uses texture files from other factions to other factions

Yes but to be honest i couldnt find the solution i was looking for
    Iam experimenting with what i can do and i found the following.
    As i was searching on what to do, i came across some very interesting facts, i put in the variant file the path for the german coat, and i put in the atlas the path, BUT i see that those paths are useful ONLY for the coordinance values cause from there you can modify and specify what texture is going to be used, so the game do NOT uses texture files from other factions to other factions
    The tutorial covers what you want. You'll name your .unit_variant "custom_myunit.unit_variant". Create a "custom_diffuse.dds" with your german coat on it. "custom_diffuse.atlas" with the coat's coordinates, etc. Just make sure that everything your unit needs is on the same texture and atlas.

The tutorial covers what you want. You'll name your .unit_variant "custom_myunit.unit_variant". Create a "custom_diffuse.dds" with your german coat on it. "custom_diffuse.atlas" with the coat's coordinates, etc. Just make sure that everything your unit needs is on the same texture and atlas.
    Yes but where am i going figure out from that whole value, "myunit_unit_variant" witch is going to be used for soldier for officer etc, cause at the uniforms table, there is only the name of the file in general but in the variant there is a file for the soldier for the berear etc

Yes but where am i going figure out from that whole value, "myunit_unit_variant" witch is going to be used for soldier for officer etc, cause at the uniforms table, there is only the name of the file in general but in the variant there is a file for the soldier for the berear etc
    The .atlas identifies the location of the textures.
    1) custom_diffuse.dds <--this has all your textures on it for soldiers, officers, etc
    2) custom_diffuse.atlas <--this identifies where the textures are located on the texture
    3) custom_myunit.solder.unit_variant, custom_myunit.officer.unit_variant, etc assigns the textures and meshes to the soldier, the officer, etc.
    4) uniform table entry: custom_myunit | faction | custom_myunit | myunit

Does that help?

i will try it allthough my head right now burns having made unsuccessful tests for the last 4 hours
    I had managed to replace the coat texture of the french fusiliers with the texture of the german coat that i want with photoshop, then i was able to add new values to the atlas files as to read what have i done, BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM THAT I FACE, although i replaced the texture the COLOURS of the previous uniform texture are still there, although at the colour atlas file that i added and to all of the other atlas french files i have inserted the value 0 , except from the diffuse .atlas file that it is the path of the texture. but i dont know why the game still reads the colours even though i have put to the others the value zero, strange
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; April 09, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

i will try it allthough my head right now burns having made unsuccessful tests for the last 4 hours
    I had managed to replace the coat texture of the french fusiliers with the texture of the german coat that i want with photoshop, then i was able to add new values to the atlas files as to read what have i done, BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM THAT I FACE, although i replaced the texture the COLOURS of the previous uniform texture are still there, although at the colour atlas file that i added and to all of the other atlas french files i have inserted the value 0 , except from the diffuse .atlas file that it is the path of the texture. but i dont know why the game still reads the colours even though i have put to the others the value zero, strange
    Rather than assigning zero, did you try simply assigning them a blackened portion of the color atlas?

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

I had managed to replace the coat texture of the with the texture that i want with photoshop
    where exactly do you put your texture in the dds files of france (I guess you already did so, but I advice you must open the german coat in unitparts the single texture each fours, colour_mask, diffuse, gloss_map and normal and paste in france_diffuse.dds france_colour_mask.dds and france_gloss.dds france_normal.dds) I used to swap texture pieces, so if I wanted french fusiliers coat swapped with german coat I will paste this last exactly over the french fusiliers coat, in each of the four .dds files for france.
    although i replaced the texture the COLOURS of the previous uniform texture are still there, are you sure you edited in photoshop (or what program you use) the alpha channels? and have you merged layers?
    although at the colour atlas file that i added and to all of the other atlas french files i have inserted the value 0 this last sentence I do not understand at all, you mean the .atlas files or .dds files in atlas directory? what means inserted the value 0 it looks like you put in hexeditor all 0 values for those bodyparts, or you mean in uniform_to_faction_colours table?
    using PFM developed by Erasmus, you should copy/paste from a unit_variant (a german one that owns german coat) both entries for mesh and textures in all the unit_variant of french fusiliers. then swap french fusiliers coat with german coat strings (both two, the ones shorter and the one longer which ends with .dds), this with copy/paste from german atlas into france atlas (each fours!!!!!!), then look for coordinates (check top right box as toggle coordinates as pixel) take note of them and copy and paste german coat textures (each fours from unitparts directory) into the exact coordinates of french dds in atlas directory. take care with alpha channel and layers
    if you liked it, you can post your current mod as it is and I can see what is wrong in it.
    cheers
    Last edited by maxsim666; April 10, 2010 at 08:04 AM.

- Voloire -

Let me be more precise, after many experimentations i did the following cause it was the only thing i could make it work, 1rstly the only thing i did was to change with PFM the variant file of the french fussilier TORSO MESH so that it reads the one from the german militia, i then changed the portion of the texture france.dds with photoshop and replaced the fusilier french coat with the the texture of the German militia coat, then in the colour mask i painted that whole area BLACK so that no colours will interfere with the colour of the militia german coat "i painted dark blue" and i WAS SUCCESFULL ,so my problem is that the french fussilier coat was used by MANY french units and i must change from all those units the variant torso mesh so that they may appear properly, and i found the solution, i will give them the banner bearer coat.
    I wonder if there is another way to do it, for example to use an EMPTY area of the France.dds file, but i DONT KNOW how to give the exact coordinates , how can i know witch coordinates are the correct ones for a specific portion of the diffuse.dds file?

Let me be more precise, after many experimentations i did the following cause it was the only thing i could make it work, 1rstly the only thing i did was to change with PFM the variant file of the french fussilier TORSO MESH so that it reads the one from the german militia, i then changed the portion of the texture france.dds with photoshop and replaced the fusilier french coat with the the texture of the German militia coat, then in the colour mask i painted that whole area BLACK so that no colours will interfere with the colour of the militia german coat "i painted dark blue" and i WAS SUCCESFULL ,so my problem is that the french fussilier coat was used by MANY french units and i must change from all those units the variant torso mesh so that they may appear properly, and i found the solution, i will give them the banner bearer coat.
    I wonder if there is another way to do it, for example to use an EMPTY area of the France.dds file, but i DONT KNOW how to give the exact coordinates , how can i know witch coordinates are the correct ones for a specific portion of the diffuse.dds file?
    Both GIMP and PS show the coordinates. Look at the lower left-hand corner of this shot of GIMP.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You'll notice those numbers correspond to the rulers in the top and left margin. Also, use the grid tool in PFM. Open your pack. Right-click and extract your .atlas. Single click on your .dds. Click "Load Grid". Load the extracted .atlas. You can then export the grid and open it as a layer on your .dds in your image editor. It will make it easier to see where things are.

Both GIMP and PS show the coordinates. Look at the lower left-hand corner of this shot of GIMP.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You'll notice those numbers correspond to the rulers in the top and left margin. Also, use the grid tool in PFM. Open your pack. Right-click and extract your .atlas. Single click on your .dds. Click "Load Grid". Load the extracted .atlas. You can then export the grid and open it as a layer on your .dds in your image editor. It will make it easier to see where things are.
    Rep to you erasmus and thank you very much for your help and time , i will try to comprehend the way that works with the advice you gave me.

Zaitochisan's Avatar Civis

Am still getting memory crashes too, erasmus Both in variant and Atlas it seems, just dont dawdle too long over any changes you make
    Manage to get around by frequent saving.

Nice new touches, grid etc.

Can you allow cloning of atlas rows like other db? ...rather than solely adding new entry at end of atlas.
    Be good to be able to insert new entry between 2 existing ones.

Questions:

Are X1(PU) Y1(PU) not displaying wrong coords?

e.g.
    VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Torsos/British/Drummer_Coat_2/texture_diffuse.dds

X1(PU) 512 Y1(PU) 512 these are the coordinates of the
    last pixel of the very first texture
    not the
    first pixel of this texture which is actually 513,513

First texture start 0,0 and ends 512,512
    2nd texture in 2nd row starts 513,513 and ends 1024,1024

according to gimp coordates at least.