Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Miles

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Iutland, just to let you know I was wrong. I ran a battle under Vanilla, All-in-One Mod and replayed a battle in my current campaign with my finger on the Pause button. Pausing a lot and then zooming in and looking very carefully I discovered that:
    1) The conical burst I was seeing from impact with chunks in it was actually dirt and brown clots of dirt - not shell fragments.
    2) It took a fair amount of zooming and moving, but I discovered that the cannon were firing round shot just like they were supposed to.

I'm letting the Brigadier and Toon know also.

I still wonder if maybe the casualties might not be a bit high from artillery, but I am delighted to discover things are as they should be - even if I have to confess to being wrong.
    Last edited by Akmatov; June 08, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Quote Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
    Iutland, just to let you know I was wrong. I ran a battle under Vanilla, All-in-One Mod and replayed a battle in my current campaign with my finger on the Pause button. Pausing a lot and then zooming in and looking very carefully I discovered that:
    1) The conical burst I was seeing from impact with chunks in it was actually dirt and brown clots of dirt - not shell fragments.
    2) It took a fair amount of zooming and moving, but I discovered that the cannon were firing round shot just like they were supposed to.

I'm letting the Brigadier and Toon know also.

I still wonder if maybe the casualties might not be a bit high from artillery, but I am delighted to discover things are as they should be - even if I have to confess to being wrong.
    Akmatov

Thanks for ivestigating it yourself, appreciated Casualties are high and IMO it is historical correct, but to counter it reload times are increased to a more again IMO relastic level and howitzers are capped in campaign game.

Cheers

iutland

I hope someone can help me

I really love this mod, and i rather not play without it. The only problem is when i use this mod, the speech of the units (when you click on them ingame) is completly messed up. Line infantry call themselves "revolutanairy guard" or "infantry elite" some artillery shout "infantry reporting" when you select them, elite line infantry shout "grenadiers reporting" I have this problem with every country i play with, the speech is in their native langiage but its all messed up.

The problem persist even if DAM is the only mod loaded, it tried it with the user script and mod manager, but not difference, i placed the UAP file in the data directory, i also tried it without UAP. I am outta options guys, what did i do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerama View Post
    I hope someone can help me

I really love this mod, and i rather not play without it. The only problem is when i use this mod, the speech of the units (when you click on them ingame) is completly messed up. Line infantry call themselves "revolutanairy guard" or "infantry elite" some artillery shout "infantry reporting" when you select them, elite line infantry shout "grenadiers reporting" I have this problem with every country i play with, the speech is in their native langiage but its all messed up.

The problem persist even if DAM is the only mod loaded, it tried it with the user script and mod manager, but not difference, i placed the UAP file in the data directory, i also tried it without UAP. I am outta options guys, what did i do wrong?
    Hi Cinerama

This mod does not change the language files, on the other your observation is probably caused by vanilla NTW. What are your observations with vanilla NTW compared to vanilla+DAM1.6 mod loaded?

Cheers

iutland

With vanilla NTW i dont have any problems, but to clarify: i dont have problems with the text or unit description, its the units speech. french units speak french, german units speak german, russian units russian etc. That is not the problem. The problem is the speech of the units is messed up, when you click on an Artillery unit they yell "infantrie present sir" normal Line infantrie thinks their "infantrie elite" Elite infantrie say they are grenadiers etc

If i install other mods (except DAM) it works fin, the speech is normal, NTW without any mods speech is also normal, only when i load DAM the sound is messed up.
    I even re-installed NTW and tried it with only DAM loaded, and it still givces messed up speech.

I do have the coalition DLC pack but that shouldnt be a problem, should it? And besides i dont know how the run it without the DLC

EDIT: forgot to mention i use the NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack

Second edit: i asked a friend to check his NTW with only NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack loaded, and he has the exact same problems, so its save to say the NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack is the cause, Lutland could you check it of everything is ok with the NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack??

Third edit: tried the normal NTW_DAM1.6.pack same speech problem
    Last edited by Cinerama; June 09, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

With vanilla NTW i dont have any problems, but to clarify: i dont have problems with the text or unit description, its the units speech. french units speak french, german units speak german, russian units russian etc. That is not the problem. The problem is the speech of the units is messed up, when you click on an Artillery unit they yell "infantrie present sir" normal Line infantrie thinks their "infantrie elite" Elite infantrie say they are grenadiers etc

If i install other mods (except DAM) it works fin, the speech is normal, NTW without any mods speech is also normal, only when i load DAM the sound is messed up.
    I even re-installed NTW and tried it with only DAM loaded, and it still givces messed up speech.

I do have the coalition DLC pack but that shouldnt be a problem, should it? And besides i dont know how the run it without the DLC

EDIT: forgot to mention i use the NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack

Second edit: i asked a friend to check his NTW with only NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack loaded, and he has the exact same problems, so its save to say the NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack is the cause, Lutland could you check it of everything is ok with the NTW_DAM1.6_8.pack??

Third edit: tried the normal NTW_DAM1.6.pack same speech problem
    Hi Cinerama

I can replicate your observation with DAM1.6 but I must also say that I can replicate it with the AUM-NAP mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336939 as well (only mod loaded), so I think it's more a problem with voices being assigned to mod-units by the game engine and I don't know how to control that.

Tested with AUM-NAP as France: Both Artillerie à Cheval and 6-lber Horse Artillery shouts "Infantry" in French
    Sorry but it looks like a more common problem with mods and vanilla works fine

Cheers

iutland

Lutland,

thanks for testing and confirming the problem. So the extra units cause the problem. When you think about its not so strange.

This brings me to a new question: Lutland, do you think its possible for you to release an version of your mod without the extra units? I can live without the extra artillery untis, but not without your realistic artillery and all the nice changes. I would try it myself but my mod knowledge is very basic.

Thanks in advance

Lutland,

thanks for testing and confirming the problem. So the extra units cause the problem. When you think about its not so strange.

This brings me to a new question: Lutland, do you think its possible for you to release an version of your mod without the extra units? I can live without the extra artillery untis, but not without your realistic artillery and all the nice changes. I would try it myself but my mod knowledge is very basic.

Thanks in advance
    Nearly all the units in this mod are custom units so you would end up with a handful of units

Cheers

iutland

What i meant was: is it possibly to release a version of your mod with the vanilla artillery units but with your excellent stats, velocity fixes, morale changes etc?

If that is not possible: could you tell me how i can edit all the extra units out of your mod so that the speech of the units is normal again? Could i just delete all unit entries starting with DAM_ ?

What i meant was: is it possibly to release a version of your mod with the vanilla artillery units but with your excellent stats, velocity fixes, morale changes etc?

If that is not possible: could you tell me how i can edit all the extra units out of your mod so that the speech of the units is normal again? Could i just delete all unit entries starting with DAM_ ?
    Hi

The attached version is vanilla units only. Not play tested but does not include any DAM units but includes the DAM stats.

Cheers

iutland

PS. If it works allright you can choose to say thanks by adding to my Rep

For information:

Further development of this mod is discontinued and the Diverse Artillery Mod is included in my Major mod named La montée de l'Empire (1805–1813) (LME) where any further development will take place.

Cheers

iutland

morganblade's Avatar Foederatus

hi mate,pls can you make a new version of your mod without "Infantry "file" penetration better and you should see 1 casualty per rank at most round shot hits."
    im like vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by morganblade View Post
    hi mate,pls can you make a new version of your mod without "Infantry "file" penetration better and you should see 1 casualty per rank at most round shot hits."
    im like vanilla
    Hi Mate

It's a one-off favour file will be deleted from this post later on to save storage space.

Cheers

iutland

PS. Not play tested in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Hi Mate

It's a one-off favour file will be deleted from this post later on to save storage space.

Cheers

iutland

PS. Not play tested in any way.

hey mate,thank you for your favour

eehm..sorry mate,can you make a version with vanilla artillery units but your modified stats?without musket shot better

Senator

I have fought here 2 or more weeks and why because of this mod. I think every time I download it or not? and now I'm ready and I say " I download it"

Senator

This mod removes tracers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciisar View Post
    This mod removes tracers?
    Hi Ciisar

No it minimizes them. A version that keep vanilla tracers are attached post#77.

Cheers

iutland

hello lutland
    i need a little help
    the line of your mod needs to be at the top of the userscript file to work,
    and there is another mod "Battle AI mod by Luntik": http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339667
    that also required to be at the top,
    is there any chance to make them both work together?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pechad View Post
    hello lutland
    i need a little help
    the line of your mod needs to be at the top of the userscript file to work,
    and there is another mod "Battle AI mod by Luntik": http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339667
    that also required to be at the top,
    is there any chance to make them both work together?

thank you.
    Hi Pechad

I don't know if there is a conflict between them but after having a quick look at his mod description I would assume that having "Battle AI mod by Luntik" above the DAM mod in the user script would do it with least conflicts.

Cheers

iutland

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast