Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 18/4-2010 New version 1.5

iutland - Are you uploading a Brig Version 5 mate? thanks

EDIT: i seen that your not doing a 1.5 that is compatible with Brig Grahams Arty.
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; April 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    iutland - Are you uploading a Brig Version 5 mate? thanks

EDIT: i seen that your not doing a 1.5 that is compatible with Brig Grahams Arty.
    Hi Mate

I'm afraid that the restructuring a have done to vanilla settings includes adjusting artillery units in both Units file and Unit stats land file. So making it Brig Grand Battery compatible actually reverts it back to 1.4.

1.5 is the first version that really diversify the different countries artillery rooster

Best regards

iutland

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Hi Mate

I'm afraid that the restructuring a have done to vanilla settings includes adjusting artillery units in both Units file and Unit stats land file. So making it Brig Grand Battery compatible actually reverts it back to 1.4.

1.5 is the first version that really diversify the different countries artillery rooster

Best regards

iutland
    Thanks for reply mate, it looks like more headaches for all in one mod now!!! which Artillery mod do i use!! argghhhhhh!!

i get no sound when using this mod

Quote Originally Posted by djsnipy View Post
    i get no sound when using this mod
    That sounds odd, DAM changes no sound files and I don't experience "no sound" playing on top of Vanilla NTW.

What other mods do you use and are any of them "Movie" type?

/iutland

hey man, i love your mod, add so much artillery variety for NTW!

I understand that yoru mod aims for realism, and I love almost all the features of DAM, except for the slow reloading time..

I know this will defeat the purpose of your mod, but would you mind releasing a separate version with faster reloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker S View Post
    hey man, i love your mod, add so much artillery variety for NTW!

I understand that yoru mod aims for realism, and I love almost all the features of DAM, except for the slow reloading time..

I know this will defeat the purpose of your mod, but would you mind releasing a separate version with faster reloading?
    Hey Flanker

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated

I have attached a screenshot of the different reload times that I think still applies. But there is also another parameter called something like "unit reload ability" and I think I will do the changes there because it influence the base reload time.
    So a GB/Generic 12-lber will be 60 seconds for a "Green crew" etc. Bear in mind that Howitzer shell requires the loader to set a fuse and ignite it so I will probably make the corresponding Howitzer reload time 15-20 secons longer than a round shot.

So to answer your question, yes I will look at the end-result reload times and use it for a standard release.

Best regards

iutland

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Yes a battery could mange 3 rounds per minute when pushed old chap, quite right, anyway Iutland, I shall be making a a grand battery mod with you additional, French gunners old boy, for Toons mod! would that be agreeable with you. credit given of course dear sir!
    Please do my friend

As written above I will look at the end result reload time. The purpose of increased rate of fire for a short duration is to use the "Artillery Barrage" function researched by "Grand Battery" technology (aka Rate of Fire boost ability) when being charged by cavalry.

Cheers iutland

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 20/4-2010 New version 1.5.1

New Release 1.5.1:

Current Version 1.5.1

On request by Flanker S (thanks for that sir) I have looked at the reload times and they were too long as reported. Therefore this release includes IMO realistic reload times with approximately 30 seconds for 4-lber, 40 seconds for 6-lber, 50 seconds for 8-lber and 60 seconds for 12-lber. Canister shots 3 seconds longer to reload and Explosive shells a little longer as the loader needs time to set the fuse (based on range) and ignite it (if not ignited by the propellant).

This release also includes the first of the projected unit card and info image corrections needed to various factions. 5.5” French Horse howitzer unit card and info image added. See attached JPG.
    Thanks to Klesh for an indirect reminder with his Howitzer á Cheval mod.

No new units added so please use the current UPC+DAM1.5 pack file or download the latest UPC here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338582

Enjoy

PS. It is savegame compatible but previous unit experience regarding reloading skill might not be updated before consecutive turn.

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 21/4-2010 New version 1.5.2 including WILLIEHUNTZ's Realistic Explosion Mod and custom unit cards

New Release 1.5.2:

Realistic Explosion Effects by WILLIEHUNTZ included so no longer need for both mods.

Less visible projectile Trails by Dogmeat included.

Artillery engagement angle is changed from a Circle (360 degrees) to Sector of Circle with 75 degrees left and right from default facing (150 degrees total) to prevent friendly fire casualties. Thanks to BruceR for the inspiration.

Custom unit card and Info Image included for Russian 10-lber Unicorn Horse Artillery.

Custom unit card and Info Image included for Prussian 7-lber Howitzer Horse Artillery.

Use UPC 2.0 as loc file. See first post for link to screenshots and file download.

Best regards

iutland

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 21/4-2010 New version 1.5.2 including WILLIEHUNTZ's Realistic Explosion Mod and custom unit cards

Suggestion:
    I have not looked but can you identify which guns were used at which point during the 1805~1812 time frame of the grand campaign? There are alot of units in this mod and added to the other mods that people use (IE: AUM) you cannot see alot of the unit cards anymore in the UI. No need to do anything to your mod itself, just post in this thread when each gun was available to aid us in placing them in the time frame correctly.

For my own play purposes I would like to modify your mod by breaking the units up into time periods and making them come available at historical intervals so that I don't have all of them showing up at once. I don't want to miss them simply because I cannot see them in the UI anymore. I am doing this same thing for my land units also. UI just getting too crowded to see everything.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Suggestion:
    I have not looked but can you identify which guns were used at which point during the 1805~1812 time frame of the grand campaign? There are alot of units in this mod and added to the other mods that people use (IE: AUM) you cannot see alot of the unit cards anymore in the UI. No need to do anything to your mod itself, just post in this thread when each gun was available to aid us in placing them in the time frame correctly.

For my own play purposes I would like to modify your mod by breaking the units up into time periods and making them come available at historical intervals so that I don't have all of them showing up at once. I don't want to miss them simply because I cannot see them in the UI anymore. I am doing this same thing for my land units also. UI just getting too crowded to see everything.

Keep up the good work!
    Hi Hazbones
    It is rather difficult to say, which guns where used at what time. As an example France had the Gribeauval system from the late 18th century (4, 8, 12 lber guns and supplemented by 6" Howitzers) and in the early 19th the Year XI system was implemented going for 6 and 12 lber guns. The issue was that the Year XI system newer replaced the Gribeauval system because not enough guns were cast in time.

I have looked at the implemented guns and besides France and Britain all factions have access to 8 or less different Cannons/Howitzers total and I think 8 to 10 is an okay Artillery rooster size.

Regarding France (now 15+rockets):
    I think I will omit Artillerie a pied and cheval (vanilla units) alltogether and have access to 4 and 8 lber at lower tiers and then 6 and 12 at higher tiers. Having Young Guard Pied+cheval at lower tiers and Old Guard at higher tiers should get France down to 9 units and 8 if I omit the rockets. Only Britain used rockets in any "great" number during this timeframe.

Regarding Britain (now 12+rockets)
    I will have the 4.4" Howitzer at lower tiers and 5" at higher tiers. The 12-lber was not used in significant numbers so it could be at lower tiers with the 9-lber at higher tiers and the 9-lber Hanoverian at lower tiers with the 6-lber KGA at higher tiers that should get Britain down to 10 incl. rockets.

I think it should be feasable and I think it could be part of next release in the coming days.
    I also use the AUM mod as well and don't want to run into the same problem so I it should be taken care of by this mod.

Thanks for the feedback

/iutland

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Sounds great. Any amount of space you can free up would be great and thanks for the info on when each type of gun was available. Any info on the other major factions and their gun time frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Sounds great. Any amount of space you can free up would be great and thanks for the info on when each type of gun was available. Any info on the other major factions and their gun time frames?
    Most other factions used the same guns throughout the period so it is a bit difficult to answer straight away. At the top of this are some really good sources that I can recommend reading if you are interested.

Cheers iutland

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 23/4-2010 New version 1.5.3 including WILLIEHUNTZ's Realistic Explosion Mod, Reworked Artillery Recruitment access, Increased Round Shot Infantry "file" damage and custom unit cards

New release 1.5.3

NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE

1. All factions now have earlier access to 12-lbers and Howitzers.
    2. France and Britain recruitment access changed so a maximum of 10 different artillery pieces can be recruited at any time in a city.
    3. Only Britain has access to rockets now for the sake of realism.
    4. File penetration of round shots increased so you should preferably see all ranks taking casualties now after each round shot hit. In Vanilla at most only rank 1 and 2 had casualties and the rest were knock-downs.
    5. Uniforms for some DAM custom units changed to Horse Artillery uniforms.

Until next UPC release use attached UPC+DAM file for proper text.

Enjoy

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 23/4-2010 New version 1.5.3 including WILLIEHUNTZ's Realistic Explosion Mod, Reworked Artillery Recruitment access, Increased Round Shot Infantry "file" damage and custom unit cards

Hi lutland, i am running your last updated of your mod, but i found a little issue yesterday, and is that all the muzzle and cannon flashes are missing, maybe for included Williehuntz's explosion mod in yours, and which seems to have removed the flash effect. Besides that, many thanx for diversify the artillery
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar_GT View Post
    Hi lutland, i am running your last updated of your mod, but i found a little issue yesterday, and is that all the muzzle and cannon flashes are missing, maybe for included Williehuntz's explosion mod in yours, and which seems to have removed the flash effect. Besides that, many thanx for diversify the artillery
    Hi Oskar

Thank you for your feedback/report and your encouragement. Yes I recall the lack of muzzle flash now you mention it and I kinda liked the original muzzle flash myself.

I will take a look at it before next update.

Cheers iutland

agranel's Avatar Civis

Great mod. Thanks for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by agranel View Post
    Great mod. Thanks for your effort.
    Thank you Agranel

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 23/4-2010 New version 1.5.4 including WILLIEHUNTZ's Realistic Explosion Mod (missing muzzle flash fixed in 1.5.4), Artillery Recr. altered, custom unit cards etc.

Muzzle flashes were missing in 1.5.3.

That is now fixed in 1.5.4 and new files uploaded. Disregard version 1.5.3 and replace with 1.5.4. It is fully savegame compatible etc.

/iutland

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast