Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realistic explosions mod>>Pack files also in movie format<<

Default Realistic explosions mod>>Pack files also in movie format<<

Mods Updated Pack files now available in movie format 31.03.10

Hello all.I thought I'd share this little mod I made that dramatically reduces the fire seen in explosive shot explosions.
    I found the fire effect a bit overwhelming and unrealistic so I changed the fire ball to a mushroom cloud of white smoke and did away with the sparks and flaming debris after the initial explosion.
    The result:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A small video of the new effects:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WILLIEHUNTZ?feature=mhw4

Place the pack file in the Data folder
    The Pack file is in mod format so you will have to add this line:- mod "Realisticexplosions.pack"; to your user.script document.I have included one in the rar.file for your convenience.
    Any probs let me know,enjoy!
    Attachment 81343
    Below is a slightly different mod where,To fully appreciate the change in the explosive effect, I changed all the explosive shells from fuse to percussive therefore removing airburst from howitzers,mortars and rockets.
    If you wish to keep airbursting shells use the mod above.
    Attachment 81344
    Remember to add mod "Realisticexplosions_noairburst.pack"; to your User.script doc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If the above mods don't work for you then Use the downloads below.they are the same mods but saved in movie format.
    For some people,their copy of the game has trouble with pack files saved in mod format resulting in the changes made by the mod not being recognised.
    (No script editing required,simply place in your data folder and your ready to go)
    Attachment 81910
    Attachment 81911

Download

Thank you roy64
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; June 14, 2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Link replaced

Default Re: Realistic explosions mod

I am utterly lagging so I will just give you +rep even though the picture is only 4 % loaded .

EDIT: Wow, let me give you a hug.
    Last edited by Emilio Aguinaldo; March 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

You did it! Atomic bombs in NTW! It's common knowledge that only this kind of bomb creates mushrom clouds!

Mhm...it's not a strategic bomb...not a tactical either...it's much smaller, hence I call this new type the "practical atomic bomb." Practical because it fit's in every womens handbad.

But jokes aside, I love the new effect and will definitely give it a try.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Matheo's Avatar Libertus
    in Germany (Unterhaching, Munich) and in Croatia (Cepin, Osijek)

hey, you did an wonderful work realy, but is it possible to make it as an pack fiel and is it compatible with MP? it looks realy great !!!
    Napoleon to the Croats:"Yesterday, I saw with my own eyes of your courage and your fidelity. You acquired immortal glory and esteem, and I place you among my best troops. For your courage, I promise to you to agree all that you will ask me of as soon as we are home. I am satisfied with you, very satisfied. If i had only 300.000 Croats, i would conquer the whole world" "

Quote Originally Posted by Matheo View Post
    hey, you did an wonderful work realy, but is it possible to make it as an pack fiel and is it compatible with MP? it looks realy great !!!
    I take it you mean as "patch" format because the packfile is in the .rar file.
    I will change it and test it but it won't be till tomorrow as I am now going on the piss.

great work + rep

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIEHUNTZ View Post
    I take it you mean as "patch" format because the packfile is in the .rar file.
    I will change it and test it but it won't be till tomorrow as I am now going on the piss.
    Nice Work and happy drinking tonight Sir! +rep

Looks good. Will try it out.

Does this affect rocket explosions? If not could you please make it so? I find the vanilla explosions even more annoying coming from what are essentially firecrackers on a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by whynaut View Post
    Does this affect rocket explosions? If not could you please make it so? I find the vanilla explosions even more annoying coming from what are essentially firecrackers on a stick.
    Yes,both mods tone down the fire effect of both rockets and howitzer explosions alike.

Love this mod! I couldn't deal with the crazy pyrotechnics of vanilla howitzers anymore!

This just looks so much cleaner/more realistic. Not that I've seen actual Napoleonic shells exploding, but somehow I feel that they would not look like giant fireballs. Pls someone correct me if I'm wrong about that, but really- vanilla howitzer shells looked like a giant gas explosion every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Lotz View Post
    Love this mod! I couldn't deal with the crazy pyrotechnics of vanilla howitzers anymore!

This just looks so much cleaner/more realistic. Not that I've seen actual Napoleonic shells exploding, but somehow I feel that they would not look like giant fireballs. Pls someone correct me if I'm wrong about that, but really- vanilla howitzer shells looked like a giant gas explosion every time.
    I totally agree with you there and that's what compelled me to make this mod,that and watching sharpes waterloo!

For a fun moment, use as many howitzers you can and field a bunch of infantry on the opposing side. Line up your guns in two rows and aim at the ground slightly in front of an advancing enemy unit. It looks stunning, plus it's cute to see the little men fly.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Willie - Nice mod mate and +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Daergar View Post
    For a fun moment, use as many howitzers you can and field a bunch of infantry on the opposing side. Line up your guns in two rows and aim at the ground slightly in front of an advancing enemy unit. It looks stunning, plus it's cute to see the little men fly.
    Yep, the flying man thing gives me quite a laugh,especially when they don't die and end up here:

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very nice. Could you reduce the fire explosion in the muskets to? I like to do it but I don't know how.
    I try this file in my mod for my personal use ,a movie file one ,and seems to be ok to.(Of course I don't publish it without ask for your permission)
    Last edited by pajomife; March 29, 2010 at 05:12 AM.

Looks nice and will try tonight

Does this have any impact on graphics performance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz View Post
    Looks nice and will try tonight

Does this have any impact on graphics performance ?
    Hello there,as of yet no effect on graphical performance has been reported but if you experience any please let me know.

just tryed out this mod and its great. very well done.

Excellent Mod, I'm usually of the opinion that the graphics are the least important part of gameplay but this tweak to the original fireworkishness has really improved my enjoyment of the game.

Given your grasp of howitzer related modding (and the fact that I know almost nothing about the subject myself) I though I'd ask if it would be possible to add shrapnel shot to howitzers? Even if it wasn't possible to add a whole new shot type, would it be possible to reduce the explosive power of shells and add lots more fragmentation to produce a similar effect? It would be nice seeing airbursting shells dumping their shot into an advancing column.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast