Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Grand Campaign Graphics Overhaul - Historical City & Terrain Graphics / Historical Minimaps / Period Art Event Messages + Icons / Ancillary Graphics / Loading Screens (released) + Period Art Character Graphics (WIP) - Last Update: April 24th 2010

Default Re: Grand Campaign Graphics Overhaul - Historical City & Terrain Graphics / Historical Minimaps / Period Art Event Messages + Icons / Ancillary Graphics / Loading Screens (released) + Period Art Character Graphics (WIP) - Last Update: April 24th

Is possible to have the same REAL MAP LAYOUT in this mod in NAPOLEON TOO? I love the carthographic map!!!
    My Mods:
    Earth 35 Civilizations Mod v2.5 Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond The Sword 3.19
    Modular United Mods v1.3 Sid Meier's Colonization 1.01
    Two Sicilies Mod v1.0 Europa Universalis III DW5.2 - Death&Taxes Mod 9.1

My AAR:
    King Etgar the Conqueror AAR Medieval II Total War Stainless Steel 6.4

Default Re: Grand Campaign Graphics Overhaul - Historical City & Terrain Graphics / Historical Minimaps / Period Art Event Messages + Icons / Ancillary Graphics / Loading Screens (released) + Period Art Character Graphics (WIP) - Last Update: April 24th

amazing mod!

AequorVirtus's Avatar Laetus

Hey, first off all I would like to say fantastic job! However I am having trouble with the individual download for the historical minimaps, I downloaded the full pack fine and decided I wanted only a few of the features. However when I try to download the historical mini maps one it always downloads it as a pack not a rar file. Is this supposed to happen? If so, how do I get it to run in the game?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

If its a pack, just put it in the data folder.

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Hey guys, I have some bad news: my PC has suffered some kind of horrible crash a few days ago. I've been trying to fix it, but so far I haven't had much luck. My Windows won't start.. I can get into DOS and do some things there, but I cannot access the files I need for my mod..

So yeah, I'm afraid the mod isn't progressing as far as I'd hoped.. I hope to fix my PC sometime next week, but I can't make any promises..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

bullocks! oh well, it was unforeseeable, good luck with it though mate

Have you tried to opend windows in safemode?? if you have and then cant open the files i think the harddrive is broken

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by jarnomiedema View Post
    Hey guys, I have some bad news: my PC has suffered some kind of horrible crash a few days ago. I've been trying to fix it, but so far I haven't had much luck. My Windows won't start.. I can get into DOS and do some things there, but I cannot access the files I need for my mod..

So yeah, I'm afraid the mod isn't progressing as far as I'd hoped.. I hope to fix my PC sometime next week, but I can't make any promises..
    That's happened to my laptop a couple times. Ended up having to do a system recovery back to factory settings, which meant I lost all the files on my hard drive. If you have other important files on your computer you could always take the hard drive to a local computer repair place, have them extract whatever you need, then format the drive.

In any case, it's a shame to hear that, as I was looking forward to those portraits. Hopefully you can get it working somehow.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe we could help each seeking a serie of portraits of historical characters, you'd sort out our proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Maybe we could help each seeking a serie of portraits of historical characters, you'd sort out our proposals.
    I've supplied about a hundred over the course of the thread. If other people would make contributions, and if Jarno is no longer able to work on the project but able to give some instruction, I'd be willing to organize/integrate the portraits. Especially since school has ended and I'm really eager to see this completed.

Hey guys, a little update on my front.. First of all; thanks for the offers of help! I really appreciate your appreciation of this project.. Secondly, one of my best friends will be paying me a visit upcoming Friday and together we'll be looking at what we can do to fix this problem..

So far it looks like we'll have to use a Linux disk to access the harddrive and backup / copy a few files, then format the harddrive and subsequently install Windows 7 instead of Windows XP.. So yeah, a lengthy process, but certainly worth the effort if it means I can pick this mod up again without too many difficulties afterwards..

Okay good luck then! Please let me know if you need further help with the project.

I wonder if I can get this into E:TW somehow..

LOL ... nice one !

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

My god these are great, you should do an NTW version of these with early 19th century stuff instead.
    I don't play ETW anymore, but have some rep anyway. And Jose Sarmiento made me laugh with his cross-eyed face.

Do know if it's possible to have the ambience of NTW in ETW (Visual Effects) ?

Considering it has been 3 weeks since the last update, I would like to remind Jarno of my offer as proposed on June 9th...

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Bolingbroke View Post
    I've supplied about a hundred over the course of the thread. If other people would make contributions, and if Jarno is no longer able to work on the project but able to give some instruction, I'd be willing to organize/integrate the portraits. Especially since school has ended and I'm really eager to see this completed.
    ...or otherwise am able to continue collecting necessary portraits.
    Last edited by Hilarion; June 29, 2010 at 05:14 PM.

Hey jarnomiedema do you need new portraits or not?

Just wanted to voice my heartfelt thanks for such a wonderful Mod. For me, this has improved the atmosphere over the vanilla version a hundred fold. Great job!

Keep up the good work. You deserve an award for this.