Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Projects mods, NEW Faction Symbols released

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Small Projects mods, EV 0.2 released for TA 1.4.1!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    There already is a video for Minas Morgul (not for Shelob's lair though, but these two are very close anyway..)
    With fortress he meant Cirit Ungol I guess

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

yep sorry.. cirith ungol.. the distance between the 2 won't be a proble i guess since i make the discovery range really small.. the settlements can't be avoided anyway so you can never miss it

also the events will almost never been seen in the same turn.. the pathway is quite difficult to attack from the west so it takes at least a few turns to reach cirith ungol if you still need to pass minas morgul

How about an video of Osgiliath?

It's was a place of "important" happenings during the war of the ring
    And because there is a video about Minas Tirith, there also should be an video that tells something about Osgiliath
    A Eruchîn,u-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas.

Quote Originally Posted by Arágion View Post
    How about an video of Osgiliath?

It's was a place of "important" happenings during the war of the ring
    And because there is a video about Minas Tirith, there also should be an video that tells something about Osgiliath
    could be done as long as there is enough footage of osgiliath where are no people of signifigance recignizably in the shots..

it's indeed a nace place to set such an event..

on another note.. i was thinking of dunharrow as well

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by patrician1 View Post
    yep sorry.. cirith ungol.. the distance between the 2 won't be a proble i guess since i make the discovery range really small.. the settlements can't be avoided anyway so you can never miss it

also the events will almost never been seen in the same turn.. the pathway is quite difficult to attack from the west so it takes at least a few turns to reach cirith ungol if you still need to pass minas morgul
    Great, I agree about Cirith Ungol.

I thought of another suggestion. There is an interesting scene with Dol Guldur in the intro of Born of Hope (the fan-made movie)... maybe you could use it to make a video for Dol Guldur?

Great, I agree about Cirith Ungol.

I thought of another suggestion. There is an interesting scene with Dol Guldur in the intro of Born of Hope (the fan-made movie)... maybe you could use it to make a video for Dol Guldur?
    never saw that movie but i could look into it.. if it's sufficient for a vid and i would have to run it by Raiven as well of course

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

never saw that movie but i could look into it.. if it's sufficient for a vid and i would have to run it by Raiven as well of course
    Well there are about 20-25 seconds that could be used for a video...

Well there are about 20-25 seconds that could be used for a video...
    ok thanks for the tip

could be done as long as there is enough footage of osgiliath where are no people of signifigance recignizably in the shots..

it's indeed a nace place to set such an event..

on another note.. i was thinking of dunharrow as well
    Dunharrow... yes, a great idea!

and there is enough footage about that place

but I think people could somehow collect some footage about Osgiliath too...

btw... Is it possible to do an event video of someone's death? like if important charcter dies, an video would pop up?
    because I don't know...

but, why not show some people in the footage... just to show Gondor's power

like the scene from extended version of the movie, where Boromir holds the flag and talks to his soldiers...?
    Last edited by Arágion; April 11, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
    A Eruchîn,u-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas.

i formulated it wrong.. it's only logical to use footage which concerns events before the game start.. concerning the death i don't know.. guess it's to specific.. might be able to make boromir appear in a certain turn with a army to siege osgiliath as a mission.. this could be accompanied with a vid of boromir maybe

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

You can do it specific for faction leaders using the BecomesFactionLeader event, but you wouldn't know the name of the faction leader. And you can do it randomly using the BattleGeneralKilled event, also without knowing the generals name. But you can't do it for specific generals.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Hello together,

I want to add some generally things I have in mind, which could improve the game, if it is possible to improve it , so here they are:

• the landscape of the regions, which are conquered by evil factions of Mordor, Isengard, OotMM (the orc-factions), should slowly turn from green grass or trees to black or rotten dirt, like in mordor itselfs, except of marshes, mountains etc.
    • the landscapes which are owned by elve-factions should turn into green grass.
    • you should have the choice to use or destroy the ring, but if you decide to use the ring, the culture fellowers of melkor shoul increase in your regions.
    • if an evil invasion is called, the good faction should have the possibilitie to call for reinforcements by his allied factions
    • mor flags per unit, because it would look awesome in battle, like that
    • more ancilleries, like magicl weapons, rings etc.
    • more different titles
    • dwarven cities in mountain regions should look like the Erebor, here I prepare an example:
    So that wre my thoughts hope you could use them an they are realizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arágion View Post
    btw... Is it possible to do an event video of someone's death? like if important charcter dies, an video would pop up?
    because I don't know...
    That's imposible to make sepcific characters death video...for example most of them even dont die in films, ok we have boromir...BUT if in in your game he is killed by haradrim in Minas Tirith? Video with uruk-hais would not make sense, would it?
    So I think better let leave such a things for 2d artists.

@Pallas you have some good ideas, and I realy like one about beacons of Gondor I read in your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    Hello together,

I want to add some generally things I have in mind, which could improve the game, if it is possible to improve it , so here they are:

• the landscape of the regions, which are conquered by evil factions of Mordor, Isengard, OotMM (the orc-factions), should slowly turn from green grass or trees to black or rotten dirt, like in mordor itselfs, except of marshes, mountains etc. don't know if this is possible
    • the landscapes which are owned by elve-factions should turn into green grass. don't know if this is possible as well
    • you should have the choice to use or destroy the ring, but if you decide to use the ring, the culture fellowers of melkor shoul increase in your regions. probably not possible script the rings fate to culture
    • if an evil invasion is called, the good faction should have the possibilitie to call for reinforcements by his allied factions AI already calls for reinforcements sometimes if you are in near area.. the player doesn't have this option and only gets reinforcements which are directly in contact..
    • mor flags per unit, because it would look awesome in battle, like that
      • Attachment 83833 could be done i guess but it would involve creating new units out of excisting ones..
    • more ancilleries, like magicl weapons, rings etc. i'm working for ideas on this matter myself
    • more different titles will look into this to
    • dwarven cities in mountain regions should look like the Erebor, here I prepare an example:
      • Attachment 83834 well might be a good idea but i for one would like them to be invisibly worked into the mountains so that they appear underground
    So that wre my thoughts hope you could use them an they are realizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    That's imposible to make sepcific characters death video...for example most of them even dont die in films, ok we have boromir...BUT if in in your game he is killed by haradrim in Minas Tirith? Video with uruk-hais would not make sense, would it?
    So I think better let leave such a things for 2d artists.

@Pallas you have some good ideas, and I realy like one about beacons of Gondor I read in your own thread.
    shall i try to find an artist then who could create a small beacon? this would cost a resource though.. maybe it's possible to script an event movie when the first crusade is being held.. since it almost always targets edoras and only human players can make it choose osgiliath or minas tirith sometimes but these options are both rohan / gondor and so the beacon could be lith.. however in later crusades it's weird to have beacons..

so i thought maybe we could script the first crusade to have a hard target (edoras) .. and this scripted crusade does trigger the event movie in the next turn.. i believed the first crusade from medieval 2 is also scripted on cairo if AI chooses?

Well I more think about beacon being a very expensive building, you can build only in Minas Tirith

About Crusaid, I dont think Edoras should be the first target, as it is not so important as military structure. maby Helms deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    Well I more think about beacon being a very expensive building, you can build only in Minas Tirith

About Crusaid, I dont think Edoras should be the first target, as it is not so important as military structure. maby Helms deep.
    yep that's right but lore wise it was Edoras which got diverted to helm's deep.. Edoras is the capital.. you could also say it would be minas tirith since this was a actual crusade from mordor, harad, rhun and not a solo crusade by saruman on rohan..

aah you where thinking 2d style thought you wanted to create a vid? :p well maybe you could trigger the vid on the presence of a certain building.. i really don't know..

Do you need any help with 2d art? If so PM me and I'll see what I can do.

So lets see who works on what so that everyone knows..

Event's

Patrician1 scripting, lore research and writing
    Commander tony lore research and writing
    Beorn of Carrock lore research and writing
    Raiven video's

Unique buildings

Pallas ideas, 2d art
    Patrician1 scripting and description writing
    Little rock scripting
    Master Necromancer 2d art

Hmmmm... We'll need some event pictures too, can't wait for ideas.