Hello!
I've recently installed Shogun - Total war and played it a little. I have noticed that battles take place at the end of the turn, after all clans have moved. So, it appears that when I invade a region, the enemy can move reinforcements to that region before the battle takes place. On the countrary, I can't do the same when an enemy attacks me, because the battle takes place before my turn.
My question is: do enemies actually have the option to see my moves and react to my attacks before the battle takes place? Or do they make their moves before the player, and when the end turn button is pushed the game simply shows moves that were already decided?
I ask this because in the former situation the human player would be at a disadvantage since he always moves first and he can't react to enemy attacks. In my game it always happened that when I attacked a weakly defended region a lot of enemy reinforcement came before the battle took place, while I obviously couldn't do the same when enemies attacked me. I wonder if this was just a coincidence or if the AI actually saw my attack and reacted to it, which would be somewhat annoying.
I hope this is the right forum section for the question. Thanks for any help.