Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: --- Preview of Eriador & Arnor ---

MDT's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: --- Preview of Eriador & Arnor ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    The Dunedain are armoured but still retain the ranger look and Arnorian units are "heavy" but still not quite as armoured as Gondorian ones since they're "not quite there yet" which is a correct representation imo. I love the metal/leather breastplates and all the belts. It's a good way to show that they can't afford full protection like Gondorians can.
    Always felt that Arnorien units would be at least as potent as Gondorian units as they are still more "Numenorian". Also the awesome Gondorian plate is a relict of the movies ( though it feels strange to argument with lore when it comes to this "lore-impossible" faction).

The only thing I can say for sure, the units look awesome!

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

I think they should be more Numenorian (aka stronger and smarter), yet not as well equipped...

The formation of arnor is based upon the population of Eriador not of old Arnor or the Dunedain. It was always my intent for Arnor that the remaining dunedain would form the ruling upper class but certainly not the majority of the population. So most of hte emerage arnor population is just the same people as Eriador. Just equipped and trained in a different way.

They are still the remaining dunedain, and, if I remember correctly, the dunedain in Arnor were more... dunedain than the ones in Gondor... no?

And now i will spam you with: WHEN IS THE RELEASE, RELEASE NOW PLAESE... untill you release it

BTW, GOD it looks awesome

I doubt your plan will speed up the release in any way, Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerJohn View Post
    They are still the remaining dunedain, and, if I remember correctly, the dunedain in Arnor were more... dunedain than the ones in Gondor... no?

Like I said they weren't very numerous. If a new Arnor state was created the majority of the population would have to be the native Eriador peoples.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

im going to ask this question again, will the eriador units like battle ready dunadain etc, still be available after Arnor re-emerges???

This is awesome. My favorite are the merchant militia, aside from the hobbits of course.
    @Irishblood I'm fairly certain a few of them do, like the dunadain, but not the militia

Will Arnor have access to any ap units?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post
    im going to ask this question again, will the eriador units like battle ready dunadain etc, still be available after Arnor re-emerges???
    I didn't intend them to be because the Dunedain are now intergrated into Arnor society. The Arnorian Knights and Knights of Annúminas are your former Battle Ready Dunedain.

I don't know what KK will end up doing.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    I didn't intend them to be because the Dunedain are now intergrated into Arnor society. The Arnorian Knights and Knights of Annúminas are your former Battle Ready Dunedain.

I don't know what KK will end up doing.
    but wouldnt the hobbits, who make up a sizable amount of eriadors population, be completly excluded from the war effort then?

also i've noticed eriador only has one AP unit, the Woodsmen, and no AP unit at all for Arnor, wont they need an AP unit to deal with trolls and such?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post
    also i've noticed eriador only has one AP unit, the Woodsmen, and no AP unit at all for Arnor, wont they need an AP unit to deal with trolls and such?
    That's what I've been curious about. Right now it seems like they will lack effective counters for many of their neighbors (Dwarves, High Elves and OotMM).

Cavalry charge to a dwarve's hiney and to High elf archer face is pretty effective counter. Trolls will be tricky though.

Quote Originally Posted by liddabit View Post
    Cavalry charge to a dwarve's hiney and to High elf archer face is pretty effective counter. Trolls will be tricky though.

You could make their pikes AP which I think would make good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by liddabit View Post
    That's assuming you can field that many cavalry units (and that you are not fighting a siege battle where cavalry are pretty much useless). I only see 2 cav units in Arnor's roster and one of them is most likely going to be AOR. Dwarven infantry seem to hold up pretty well under cav charges as it is (at least in the vanilla game with no submods), which means that more of the burden will be on the Arnorian infantry. Similar situation with the Elves: If you can't field enough cavalry to sufficiently thin out their archers, it will be up to the infantry to get the job done. Without at least one AP unit I don't like Arnor's chances versus the High Elves or Dwarves, not to mention trolls.

I think making their pikemen AP is an interesting solution. It would certainly give them a unique advantage that they don't seem to have at the moment.

Another option I think could be to give their standard cavalry units an AP secondary attack. You would still have the problem of running short on cavalry but at least they would be doing that much more damage to the enemy ranks (and give you some reason to use them in sieges).
    Last edited by Kwisatz Haderach; March 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM.

I thought the Greenway units would be still available for Arnor?

Quote from DG's original plans for phase 2:

Southern provinces will get:
    Greenway Guard
    Greenway Sentries

Wouldn't that solve the AP problem? Also I think it would be fitting as the Greenway Guards are already pretty Arnorian...

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Like I said they weren't very numerous. If a new Arnor state was created the majority of the population would have to be the native Eriador peoples.
    You're right

Quote Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
    That's what I've been curious about. Right now it seems like they will lack effective counters for many of their neighbors (Dwarves, High Elves and OotMM).
    Why would they need counters for Dwarves and Elves? They never had the intention to wage war against them.

carth's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Given how well and diverse Eriador/Arnor seems to have turned out I think it's fair to say that it's in capable hands
    can't argue that.
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."