Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ideas and Suggestions

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Ideas and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by VirIlluster View Post
    special items in siege battles would be pretty sweet, and, maybe some super weapon to make up for badly outnumbered romans?
    like what ? napalm ?

Signature made by Joar

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Roflmao.

PS The only advantage the romans ever had in a siege was wall artillery.

Foederatus

well, such as adding maybe battlements on walls, maybe archer mountable towers, umm, troops able to go inside buildings, or maybe some sorts of roadblocks in the city, also maybe disguised forts in the woods, or some kind of traps for besieging army, also mayber increasing soldiers per unit, wall mounted atrillery, oh and as for advatange in artillery, yeah maybe u can make that more accurate, im mostly trying to break the monotonous sieges where u know what to expect and every city looks exactly the same, know what i mean? will it kill the directors to put a moat, or some kind of natural obstacle on the map at least, such as the 410ad campaign where ravenna isnt accessible by certain directions because of the swamp.
    or maybe at least make artillery either more accurate or more easily accessible. an onager can turn around battles where theres no hope for victory.

this concludes but isnt limited to in my ideas, rant.

Foederatus

or maybe put USA on the map so they can give the romans some shermans and m 16s through lend lease act

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Actually i have to agree. The roman scorpio was a sniping weapon designed for accuracy and armor penetration. And a lot of booby traps. Romans had ditches with pointed steaks in them all the time, hooked steaks planted in the ground, etc. All covered or hidden to give tou tetanus when you step on them. (that's right, no tetanus shots back then.) A neat unit would be a guy armed with a flagella. 7 whips of glass, steel, wood, (litterally, they had all sorts of painful crap in those things.) and pain does things to you. I cringe just thinking about it. That's why 40 lashings would kill you. It sounds even nastier than a catonine with fish hooks on the end.

Foederatus

right, so lets just give attila 40 lashes eh, and job well done

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It wouldn't have been that simple...

Foederatus

right, because nobody ever asked him to just go away. you never know.

It would be nice to have two types of forts:the old wooden one and a more expensive one, with stone walls that can withstand more turns in case of a siege.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That's already been implemented

I was thinking it would be nice that when a roman faction that has conquered a large part of the Empire (both halves,including Rome and Constantinople),automatically changes it's name into Imperium Romanum and when an other roman faction conquers the majority of the Empire, it becomes the new Imperium Romanum.

An other thing would be that when brigants appear in the province of a faction there will a little chance that they will join the enemy of the region owner.
    Last edited by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus; July 28, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirIlluster View Post
    well, such as adding maybe battlements on walls, maybe archer mountable towers, umm, troops able to go inside buildings, or maybe some sorts of roadblocks in the city, also maybe disguised forts in the woods, or some kind of traps for besieging army, also mayber increasing soldiers per unit, wall mounted atrillery, oh and as for advatange in artillery, yeah maybe u can make that more accurate, im mostly trying to break the monotonous sieges where u know what to expect and every city looks exactly the same, know what i mean? will it kill the directors to put a moat, or some kind of natural obstacle on the map at least, such as the 410ad campaign where ravenna isnt accessible by certain directions because of the swamp.
    or maybe at least make artillery either more accurate or more easily accessible. an onager can turn around battles where theres no hope for victory.

this concludes but isnt limited to in my ideas, rant.
    There are some good ideas here
    Some may be do-able

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus View Post
    I was thinking it would be nice that when a roman faction that has conquered a large part of the Empire (both halves,including Rome and Constantinople),automatically changes it's name into Imperium Romanum and when an other roman faction conquers the majority of the Empire, it becomes the new Imperium Romanum.

An other thing would be that when brigants appear in the province of a faction there will a little chance that they will join the enemy of the region owner.
    Possibly a script can be done and after completing a set goal the empires name possible could be changed..something to look into
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 28, 2010 at 09:20 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

This game should have inflation.
    It will between 0% and 100% the starting point should be at roughly 10-50/60% depending on each faction.
    The higher the inflation the more expensive are the buildings and some troops.
    Corruption,damaged or destroyed economical buildings the loss of a province with silver or gold deposits increase the inflation while the building of economical infrastructure,smaller corruption rates and the conquest of a region rich in silver or gold decrease it.

An other thing would be that a roman faction once it has lost all it's family members, it's territories and armies do not go all to the rebels but some to other roman factions.

If a roman faction is wealthy enough it cam transform a stone fort into a colony that is basically a fort but with a certain number of inhabitants 100-1000/2000 where you can recruit local militias and veterans.
    (This thing should cost around 5000 gold but for this to happen the faction has to be very strong or wealthy just to have this option available).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That would require quite some advanced scripting, i dunno if thats possible even in M2TW...

In this game there should be a (very) slim chance that when one faction starts it's turn, 1-3 (or any other random number) units (militias and/or peasants) appear in a city,army or fort.
    Historically there were always desperate men who were wiling to join whatever army for some food and money.
    An other thing would be that some "civilized"(especially roman) troops should be cheaper to recruit if you won many battles and conquered provinces and if you lose they would be more expensive. (the maximum increase in the price should be 20% and the maximum decrease 10%,if possible).
    Could there be named forts?
    P.S.:I can barely wait for this mod to be released.I think it will be a great mod.
    Last edited by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus; July 29, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

I cant really answer most of you questions/suggestions, that would be something for our more experienced (with the game engine) team-members.

But:
    This game should have inflation.
    It will between 0% and 100% the starting point should be at roughly 10-50/60% depending on each faction.
    The higher the inflation the more expensive are the buildings and some troops.
    Corruption,damaged or destroyed economical buildings the loss of a province with silver or gold deposits increase the inflation while the building of economical infrastructure,smaller corruption rates and the conquest of a region rich in silver or gold decrease it.
    I think total war handles this mostly with corruption, happyness and law, which have all some input on how much money you can earn.
    I once played a mod though, that was much more heading for an economic direction - was I "Deus Lo Vult"? - that offered some unseen before options. So it might be possible but I believe extensive scripting beeing necessary for little gain.
    BTW: I always thought that goldmines would increase and not decrease inflation.

An other thing would be that some "civilized"(especially roman) troops should be cheaper to recruit if you won many battles and conquered provinces and if you lose they would be more expensive. (the maximum increase in the price should be 20% and the maximum decrease 10%,if possible).
    This wouldnt be easy if possible at all and it would mess up all initial balancing, which I belive to be of much importance for a fun TW-game.
    But we are hedding for something slightly similar, which is the need to conquer to be able to maintain a somewhat large army.

Could there be named forts?
    Yes, but currently permanent castles arent used and no decision was made, if and how to implement them. I assume they wont be in.

I can barely wait for this mod to be released.I think it will be a great mod.
    Yeah, we hope so and: we would like to release tomorrow if it was possible.
    Last edited by Aethelstan; July 29, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelstan View Post
    BTW: I always thought that goldmines would increase and not decrease inflation.
    To Aethelstan:
    It is true that to much gold and silver cause inflation but, at that time one major cause of inflation was that for lack of enough gold and silver, coins were maid not only of precious metal but also of cheaper one being put in (lead, bronze and other) so over time the coins lost their value.This thing happen primarily in the Roman Empire where some emperors even depreciate the value of the money to be able to pay their armies.
    For the short therm that was good because their were able to pay the soldiers but them the inflation rose.
    When an emperor returned from a successful campaign with loads or gold and silver,the coins that were made after were more valuable because they were made of more precious metals and less of cheap ones then the previous.
    The same thing happened when new gold and silver mines were open or conquered.
    Historically the coins continue to depreciate primarily in the West but years after in the East the money, after an economic reform, increase in value.
    Inflation because there was much gold and silver was not a great danger those days.
    Last edited by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus; July 30, 2010 at 03:47 AM.

By the way barbarian family members once their faction is in the Empire should have romanized names and ,if their allies with the romans, could be able to get titles.
    It would be great to have an other mod that starts in 235 and ends in 305.
    Last edited by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus; July 30, 2010 at 04:34 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus View Post
    By the way barbarian family members once their faction is in the Empire should have romanized names and ,if their allies with the romans, could be able to get titles.
    It would be great if you do an other mod that starts in 235 and ends in 305.
    That would be good, if they had excepted a Foedus and were living on edge or inside Empire, but would need another diplomatic option; instead of become a vassal, except a foedus and be given land?

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Laeti is the correct term for a barbarian settlement within the empire.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast