Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Ideas and Suggestions

Default Re: Ideas and Suggestions

Volga-Bulgar!!!!!!

naddum's Avatar Libertus

A few suggestions from me:

1) in pretty much every single mod ever, the areas of western Europe tend to have >9000 provinces per square metre, whereas Mesopotamia and Central Asia usually have a few. I would like to see a lot of provinces in these areas to reflect their population density, especially in Transoxiana and Afghanistan.

2) Guptas!

3) Proper diversification among the Iranian "Huns" - i.e: separate Kidarite, Alkhan, Nezak, Hephthalite factions, for example.
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

There are only 200 provinces in MTW II, One is for the permanent slave settlement, so that leaves only 199, which we have tried to spread as evenly as possible. The Guptas are an option, as for the others only the Hephthalite can make it as a faction.

Cheers

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

And there's a limit on factions too. 20-something I think it is.

As for the Huns, the only worthwhile divisions would be between the Huns of Attila and the Huns still living on the steppes of Eurasia, as they were similar but by this point fundamentally different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    And there's a limit on factions too. 20-something I think it is.
    Actually, it's 30+1.

naddum's Avatar Libertus

Might it be possible to represent the various Iranian Hunnic tribes as families or traits or something for the Hephthalite (and perhaps some eastern Sasanian, and NW Indian) characters? And likewise, implementing them for the various Iranian clans as well under the Sasanians. I know EB1 did something like this with the Pahlava faction. Would add an interesting new dimension to gameplay - i.e: keeping the various households within your empire all happy as well (eg: putting a Parsig and Pahlavig general in the same army gives some sort of penalty, various bonuses for governing regions, commanding armies of different compositions, movement, etc). Just throwing some ideas out there.
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

Quote Originally Posted by ;14176149
    Might it be possible to represent the various Iranian Hunnic tribes as families or traits or something for the Hephthalite (and perhaps some eastern Sasanian, and NW Indian) characters? And likewise, implementing them for the various Iranian clans as well under the Sasanians. I know EB1 did something like this with the Pahlava faction. Would add an interesting new dimension to gameplay - i.e: keeping the various households within your empire all happy as well (eg: putting a Parsig and Pahlavig general in the same army gives some sort of penalty, various bonuses for governing regions, commanding armies of different compositions, movement, etc). Just throwing some ideas out there.
    Hi naddum and welcome to our forums and for your current input. Yes to make it short These things can be implemented in some way. This is certainly the team can look at

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Hi guys,

I have some questions/suggestions.

- I think it would be great to have 4 seasons/year. I don't remember exactly but I believe there is a mod which has
    spring, summer, autumn and winter.

- how long will the battles last? In my opinion they take a bit too long in "Conqvetvs Britanniae"

- there is a mod which has "Active Rebels (rebels can attack armies and settlements)"
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?119912-Reality-Mod&styleid=41
    how are you plans about the Rebels?

- you are actually communicating with the DBM-mod team - right? If you choose "custom-battle" in the DBM mod
    you can zoom to the ground and in the air much more than in any other mod. It makes fun and if you zoom higher in the
    air you have a great overview of the strategic situation. Maybe you can ask them how they did that. I think they have
    found a solution to use a debug camera / complete unrestricted camera in a kingdoms mod

Thanks & Greets

Marc

I second the 4TPY, actually it would make IBII just like Attila TW, which is in turn the parallel game for us as reference.
    It can be easily done, although it requires some adaptation of gaming mechanics... we'll discuss about it.

for EDU parameters maybe some adjustments can be (for personal use, I always use another overhauled system in mods I play), maybe can be adopted in IBII too.

Active rebels can be "activated", yes... but here I'd look to the AI dumbness of MII... Making rebels another threat would harm the AI decisions and expansions (can be an unnecessary huge advantage for players), and gameplay could be penalized in turn... We'll see.

And, hey, crap! xD I didn't remember the zooming camera of DBM, yes it should be about parameters somewhere in the mod! (for DBM, I'm the last one active, the other devs left in the meantime).

Thanks to you for suggestions. As always, we encourage anyone to propose ideas!
    Carpe diem!

Dear rafmc1989,

thank you very much for your attention.

About this:
    "And, hey, crap! xD I didn't remember the zooming camera of DBM, yes it should be about parameters somewhere in the mod! (for DBM, I'm the last one active, the other devs left in the meantime)."

-> actually I don't have DBM installed and as I can remember that kind of zoom was only possible in custom battles and
    only during the battle is in progress. Strange but it looked cool and made a bit more fund :-)

Greets and best wishes

Marc

Yes, I'll need to investigate a bit about the camera, some reminiscence still of how it looked like

Thanks again for the nice ideas!
    Last edited by rafmc1989; September 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

I've a few suggestions and ideas to post. Possibly the devs are too overburdened with the mod as it is (i'd be willing to help with some gruntwork that doesn't require extensive scripting/PS/modelling knowledge) but here it is.

In the already finished IB2 titles (great and enjoyable mods nevertheless), i've noticed that Romans have a way easier time recruiting and maintaining armies of "native Roman" troops than they historically did at this period. Civil wars of late 4th century massively sapped the strength of WRE army. Already under Stilicho the army had high proportions of Germanic warriors in it, either as part of regular army units or as foederati, and most of his fresh recruits would come from tribes along the Rhine. The conscription of native population was heavily hindered by the Senate as we know, who refused to pay taxes remotely proportionate to their wealth, refused to give up their coloni to the army recruiting, and then still protested when the tax that was levied in place of recruits was used to hire mercenaries. Most late Roman generals also avoided open large-scale battles if it was possible, one of chief reasons for it being the difficulty in supplanting losses sustained by regular troops. So i wish the game would represent this situation better. Some ways it could be done:

Massive unit pool replenishment times for native troops, particularly non-limitanei ones. This for sure would not just be a blanket applied permanent state - i was thinking of a hidden resource which would cover the regions like Illyricum, and maybe few others, where the recruiting of native population was still frequent. In contrast, areas where most senatorial estates were concentrated (Italy, south Gaul, province of Africa) would have a very hard time recruiting such troops. I know this to some degree is already implemented such as higher tier units being restricted to lot of these regions but still imo it's way too easy to get a high quality native army. IIRC in Vandalorum Aetius starts with a large stack full of comitatenses and purely Roman troops which is even less of a reality than in Stilicho's times. The player should be forced to recruit and rely on significant amounts of foreign units in early game.

To allow player to overcome this eventually, there could be an event where player, after a lot of trouble and hard work, manages to persuade the Senate to contribute meaningfully to the well-being of the state or galvanises common populace into being enthusiastic about military service again (as we know the career in army was unpopular throughout most of the Empire, not just because large proportions of populace got unused to waging wars but because the recruit could be moved far away from his family and be unable to protect it). That event could unlock the EDB entries for units where they have lower retraining times and higher pool size.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567