Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated! - Next in Line - V1.0a - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10 - Now compatible with RR/RC!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Indefinitely Banned

Icon10 Updated! - Next in Line - V1.0a - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10 - Now compatible with RR/RC!

Going from an idea from DLV, I have created and implemented a system which will allow you to choose the next faction heir in your campaign,

To do this, you transfer the retinue named, 'Heir Apparent' which is an Orb, to any family member whom you want to become next in line for the throne,

-- This does not change heirs that have already been selected (which is just the first one in the campaign (: ), i.e.

Boromir starts off as faction heir for Gondor, - you can not change this to become Faramir while Denathor (Faction Leader) still lives -

However, you can set it so the next heir, (when Boromir becomes faction leader) - is chosen, so, if you give it to Faramir, he'll become the next Heir, or if you give it to a new family member, let's say Bob - he'll become next in line, and so on.

-- I hope that makes sense ^_^,

Screen-shots to follow, (when my game decides to stop making them pure black - any ideas as to why this is?)

Installation:

Unrar this to C://Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/

location may vary depending on your OS, installation path.

Compatibility:

- Should be fully compatible with the One Ring sub-mod.
    - Fully compatible with RR/RC Latest release.
    - Any mods that do not edit the descr_strat, or ancillary files. (though easily merged, P.M. Me if you want to make a version compatible with a sub-mod of your choice)

Version 1.0a Change-log:

- Changed ancillary images of all factions, and effects to make them more faction specific:

List of Factions

Eriador

Stone of Annúminas
    Found from the shipwreck of Arvedui, this powerful 'seeing' stone, one of the three from the north - is given to the next ruler of your Kingdom.
    +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +5 Line of Sight, +1 Piety

Gondor

Stone of Minas Arnor
    One Stone, the "palantír of Anárion", was placed at Minas Anor, which eventually became the capital of Gondor and was renamed Minas Tirith.It is given to the next ruler of the Kingdom... be it you wish to do so.
    +2 Command, -4 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +4 Line of Sight, +2 Piety

Mordor

Stone of Minas Ithil
    This stone now rests in the hands of Sauron. It gives great power, and can be given to the person you want to become next in line for the throne.
    +4 Command, +8 Authority, +10 Line of Sight

Isengard

Stone of Orthanc
    One Stone was placed at Angrenost (Isengard) in Orthanc, the great tower built by the Dúnedain in the Second Age at the southern end of the Misty Mountains. Now in the control of Isengard, it is given to the person next in line for control of the nation.
    +8 Authority, +5 Line of Sight, +10 Mining, +2 Troop Morale

Rohan

Orb of the Rohirrim
    This golden, emerald studded orb is passed to the faction heir, who will inherit the throne of your Kingdom.
    +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +2 Local Popularity, +1 Troop Morale

Rhun

Royal Dragon Amulet
    This solid gold amulet, engraved with draconic symbols is given to the person who will inherit the throne.
    +1 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +1 Command, +2 Troop Morale

High Elves

High Elven Leaf Brooch
    This finely crafted brooch resembeling a leaf, of the High Elves, is presented to next in line for the throne.
    +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +2 Movement Points, +2 Farming, + 10 Mining

Silvian Elves

Silvian Leaf Brooch
    This finely crafted brooch resembeling a leaf, of the Silvian Elves, is presented to next in line for the throne.
    +1 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +3 Movement Points, +1 Farming, + 20 Mining

Harad

Noble Mumak Tusk
    This gold encrusted, beautifully carved tusk of a mumak, is presented to the next in line for the throne.
    +8 Authority, + 2 Movement Points, +3 Piety, Hit Points +1

Dale

Dalian Ring of Smaug
    This ring was forged after the defeat of Smaug, showing triumph and victory. It is held by the next ruler of your kingdom.
    +1 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +1 Piety, +5 Trading, +5 Tax Collection

OotMM

Royal Ruby of the Misty Mountains
    This magnificent uncut ruby, found in the Misty Mountains, is given to your next chief in command.
    +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +2 Command, +2 Local Popularity, +10 Tax Collection

Drawves

The Arkenstone - Heart of the Mountain
    The Arkenstone was a great jewel discovered beneath the roots of Lonely Mountain by Thráin I soon after the establishment of the Dwarf-kingdom there, and prized by his descendants as the "Heart of the Mountain". It is given to the next in line for the throne of your Kingdom.
    +8 Authority, +2 Hit Points, +2 Local Popularity, +10 Mining

- Added a script, so that if a family member who is carrying the orb dies - the faction leader will gain the orb a turn later by simply being in a settlement, and then you can appoint your new faction heir. (all factions)

Future Changes/Updates:

- Will re-make compatible with RR/RC for 1.0b,
    - May re-work some bonuses given,
    - Will re-work ancillary images over time.

Again - comments, feedback and suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you (:

Last edited by Sensei Kiisu; March 17, 2010 at 07:39 PM.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Next in Line - V0.2b - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod)

Awesome man! +rep

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Next in Line - V0.2b - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod)

Hmm why thank you ^^, maybe I will return ;]

and as always, feedback on whether there are any bugs you encounter etc. is much appreciated (:

Default Re: Next in Line - V0.2b - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10

Hmm very interesting... May I ask, is it because of the authority points that the heir is chosen?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Next in Line - V0.2b - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10

Quote Originally Posted by drogoth232 View Post
    Hmm very interesting... May I ask, is it because of the authority points that the heir is chosen?
    Aye, that is the most major factor taken into consideration when the game decides the next faction heir, of course the are others, but authority has the highest effect. ^^

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Next in Line - V0.2b - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10 - Now compatible with RR/RC!

Updated first post, and downloads with compatibility for Real Recruitment/Real Combat.

Default Re: Next in Line - V0.2b - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10 - Now compatible with RR/RC!

Good job.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Updated! - Next in Line - V1.0a - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10 - Now compatible with RR/RC!

Updated!
    Last edited by Sensei Kiisu; March 17, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Default Re: Updated! - Next in Line - V1.0a - (Choose your faction heir sub-mod) #Updated 16/03/10 - Now compatible with RR/RC!

///

Really great Mod. Nice. +rep (although i hadn't the time to try it out)

///

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

How will you know when it works?

Haven't had the time to check this out, but does it work with both RR/RC and Middle Earth Lore Mod? It's a quite popular combo from what I've seen. Perhaps It would be to much work, but you can always ask. Great job none the less.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth

I must say that I dislike Palantir for heir of Stewardship. It way to powerfull artifact to be used by anyone except for a steward of Gondor. I would propose a White Banner of Steward, like this one seen here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Taro_M; March 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM.

I concur with the above, but as well for all the Palantiri. The Ithil stone was for use of Sauron, the Orthanc stone was for use of Saruman, the Anor stone was for use of the Steward, and if I remember correctly, the Annuminas stone was either lost, or removed to Elostirion (Don't remember if that was a separate stone or not).

As well, just being in possession of any Palantir would be too great of a risk to keep with anyone. Remember Gandalf's words in Fellowship of the Ring: "We do not know who may be watching!" Though I believe that the words appear only in the movie version, I think it's quite appropriate. Even if Sauron or Saruman could not 'see' through a dormant stone, anyone who wasn't very strong willed may be tempted into using it, and fall into madness like Denethor. Or perhaps if they fell in battle, the stone could be recovered by the forces of Mordor. Then Sauron would have had two...

Gondor's could be the Horn of Gondor, as well. Boromir was the Steward's heir, and carried it, so there's already a basis there.

Indefinitely Banned

Will be working on this heavily tonight (had a very drunk weekend heh), and will try and incorperate all of your suggestions. Thanks for the feedback (:

Now:

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Bob View Post
    I concur with the above, but as well for all the Palantiri. The Ithil stone was for use of Sauron, the Orthanc stone was for use of Saruman, the Anor stone was for use of the Steward, and if I remember correctly, the Annuminas stone was either lost, or removed to Elostirion (Don't remember if that was a separate stone or not).

As well, just being in possession of any Palantir would be too great of a risk to keep with anyone. Remember Gandalf's words in Fellowship of the Ring: "We do not know who may be watching!" Though I believe that the words appear only in the movie version, I think it's quite appropriate. Even if Sauron or Saruman could not 'see' through a dormant stone, anyone who wasn't very strong willed may be tempted into using it, and fall into madness like Denethor. Or perhaps if they fell in battle, the stone could be recovered by the forces of Mordor. Then Sauron would have had two...

Gondor's could be the Horn of Gondor, as well. Boromir was the Steward's heir, and carried it, so there's already a basis there.

I believe I already have all the plantir's aligned with pretty much the correct factions, Anor with Gondor, Ithil with Mordor and Orthanc for Isengard.

The stone of Annuminas was lost yes, in a shipwreck - however, I have assumed that it was re-found by the heirs of Eriador, since it was a stone of the North. There is nothing to suggest that it may not have been refound. However I can change this if need be.

I will likely changing the plantirs from use of heirlooms, to instead seperate ancillaries as a different download in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    Horn of Gondor
    Boromir (Sean Bean) using the horn in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (top), and Denethor (John Noble) holding the broken horn in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (bottom).

An heirloom of the Stewards of Gondor, also called the Great Horn.

The horn was made by Vorondil the Hunter in the Third Age. Vorondil hunted oxen all the way to the Sea of Rhûn and fashioned the horn out of one of the oxen's horns. (Tolkien calls the beast one of the "Kine of Araw") It was passed down through the line of the Stewards of Gondor.

During the War of the Ring, Boromir, son of Denethor, possessed the Horn of Gondor, just as it had been borne by the eldest son of the Lord Steward of Gondor for centuries. Boromir claimed that if the horn was heard anywhere within its borders, Gondor would come to the owner's aid.

When Boromir was slain late in The Fellowship of the Ring, the Horn of Gondor was cut in two by Orcs. The horn later washed up upon the banks of the Anduin, where it was discovered by his brother, Faramir. Thus Denethor learned of his son's death.

Aha, this seems perfect, and a great description (:

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    This looks great, let me know when you have it finalised and I'll be happy to include it into next RR/RC update with your permission, and maybe a modified version into SS RR/RC also (would just need a simple 'royal heir' crown ancilliary or something that could be the same for every faction I guess).

Nice work!

Will do PB (:, and of course, can easilly re-mod a version for SS, will let you know. Could also still vary them slightly, since not all factions in Europe would have a crown, maybe - faction specific for Northern Europeans, Southern, and Middle Easterns? Not sure what the cultures in SS are though,

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei Kiisu View Post
    I believe I already have all the plantir's aligned with pretty much the correct factions, Anor with Gondor, Ithil with Mordor and Orthanc for Isengard.

The stone of Annuminas was lost yes, in a shipwreck - however, I have assumed that it was re-found by the heirs of Eriador, since it was a stone of the North. There is nothing to suggest that it may not have been refound. However I can change this if need be.
    I wasn't saying you didn't have them aligned correctly, just that they were already in use by the ultimate authority in each region, and not to be trusted to lesser folk. Denethor, perhaps, might entrust the Anor stone to Boromir eventually, and Sauron just might let the Witch-King gaze into the Ithil stone, but I doubt they woiuld let them carry the stones around Middle-Earth.

The best option for the Palantiri would be non-transferable ancillaries set to Faction Leader for the respective factions.

Mordor's could bee the Witch-King's iron crown.

Of course! How could I foget?! The Horn of Gondor was given always to oldest son of steward, so it makes perfect sense to be a "mark" for gondor.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

For eriador the lost seeing stone just isn't lorewise correct.. in the other submod conceirning faction heir i suggested the use of a book: "A Hobbitstale by Bilbo Baggins".. this is lorewise and a notion of respect to the lore i think

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

awesome +rep!

Amazing!

++++++++++++++++++ rep

GSB - Grand Strategy Brazil
    A community of
    Lusophone Total War

For Eriador, you could just make up an Heirloom of Anarion (He was King of Arnor, right? Or was it Isildur? I never remember between the two.), or some such.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast