Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW Update: 26.06.10 Update 1.1

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 08.06.10 Handgrenade smoke video added

On second thoughts the clouds are pretty big as is
    BUT they DO need to be more rough and gritty and more obvious around the edges. I retain that they are very soft and fluffy!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 08.06.10 Handgrenade smoke video added

Mech_Donald - Here are the files from my "Napoleon All in One" mod, that need to be compatible with your BSM mod, thanks

when is the mod ready?

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by M@GIC View Post
    when is the mod ready?
    As soon as it's done, I assure you. No, really!
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    Can't wait either.
    ONE THING THOUGH. In my opinion the naval cannon smoke effects are much too soft and fluffy. much more gunpowder was used in naval battles than land battles being that they used much greater poundage on their cannons. It would also be gritty and rough.
    the smoke clouds disperse quite quickly, which i noticed in the video with v. light winds. anyone who's read naval accounts would recognise the common line that "...the enemy broadside dissappeared in a cloud of its own smoke..." so even on small ships alot more smoke would be present. I'd love to see a great wall of smoke cover the side for a brief period of time befoer itself dispersing. that would be epic!
    also LOVE the ship explosions! would it be possible to have the ship in a torrent of flame for a longer period of time, untill it has completely sunk?
    cheers,
    SPQR.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    On second thoughts the clouds are pretty big as is
    BUT they DO need to be more rough and gritty and more obvious around the edges. I retain that they are very soft and fluffy!

Thank you for your suggestions about the ship cannon smoke. The video is outdated. I reworked the smoke to be more dense an thick. The difficulty is to find a balance between thickness and no-lightning. No-lightning means the ability of the smoke to reflect light from sun. If the smoke is too dense and thick, you will see the smoke brightly shining and glowing.

The beta testers will proof that issue and give me suggestions what should be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Mech_Donald - Here are the files from my "Napoleon All in One" mod, that need to be compatible with your BSM mod, thanks
    Thanks! Once the mod is uploaded, i will make it compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by M@GIC View Post
    when is the mod ready?
    When the beta testers gives me an ok.

nice! makes alot of sense. now i AM looking forward to it bigtime!

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

class then to the beta players rush times :-)
    we have waited long enough hehe am looking forward

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Mech_Donald old chap: "Perfect is the enemy of Done"...

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Mech_Donald old chap: "Perfect is the enemy of Done"...

Yes, i know. Therefore the Beta tester's got the files. The Beta test has startet.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Good news!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 16.06.10 internal beta test has startet

Great news!!

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    Good news!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 16.06.10 internal beta test has startet

This mod will be GREAT!!!!

hahaha "Good news everyone!"

CPU

Ordinarius

Hi,

Until now, there are some fixes to do on cannon smoke, musket smoke and ship smoke effects. I'll rework it at the WE.

regards Mech_Donald

Ordinarius

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 18.06.10 BSM - Promotion Video added

Hello,

During the beta test, i want to show a little foretaste of the benefits you get with the upcoming BSM.

Enjoy!

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 18.06.10 BSM - Promotion Video added

WOW... What a parfect movie... Looking forward to this mod... The smoke effects are the best... and how did you get the officer to walk in front of the inf.line??? Looks great.. I want this mod....

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

perfection of the battlefield manifest yet again.Bravo on yet another incredible job my friendthank you for all of your excellent contributions to the community!I strongly suspect that your original smoke mod for Empire and its popularity largely impacted CA's decision on the way they did the smoke in Napoleon,and this mod once agin improves the good job they already did

mech_donald, what was the other mod you used to do the Promotion Video?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by henkeswe View Post
    WOW... What a parfect movie... Looking forward to this mod... The smoke effects are the best... and how did you get the officer to walk in front of the inf.line??? Looks great.. I want this mod....
    The video is a little boring, because i don't wanted to use music samples in the vid. Youtube disables or deletes videos with third party content - pity.

I modified the units stats land table file to get a general with only one unit. I just placed the general in front of the line and grouped it with the unit behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    perfection of the battlefield manifest yet again.Bravo on yet another incredible job my friendthank you for all of your excellent contributions to the community!I strongly suspect that your original smoke mod for Empire and its popularity largely impacted CA's decision on the way they did the smoke in Napoleon,and this mod once agin improves the good job they already did
    Yes, i also think so. Ca named the big, white, long lasting smoke "uber smoke" in the script file. It's just funny, because i'm german and uber, or better über, is a german word that means "over" or "above". i think, it is a nice greeting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 007Jua007 View Post
    mech_donald, what was the other mod you used to do the Promotion Video?
    For my video i used the sharper flower mod by primergy, parts of the animation mod by tiyafeh and the better renders mod by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham (wich i strongly recommend for BSM!).