Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(Panther Banners)

Senator

Default Re: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(Reiksguard Banners!)

i based my model of valmir von raukov off that pic, i think von raukov's nephew is the grandmaster of knight's of the bull, not entirely sure because the only thing i have to go by is a poorly translated german version of lexicanum.

Gondoriangrunt's Avatar Civis

wow did not expect that from giving bad information

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    i based my model of valmir von raukov off that pic, i think von raukov's nephew is the grandmaster of knight's of the bull, not entirely sure because the only thing i have to go by is a poorly translated german version of lexicanum.
    I have the same info.. His nephew is also mentioned as his primary field commander.. Have you found anything that suggests we should do a full-blown Order for them?

Senator

not really, perhaps maybe a bodyguard for valmir if anything. ostland isn't that populated as it is, i find it hard to see them with a full blown order of knights. if we don't have an order that lore wise was up in that region, then yeah.

OK, I'm thinkin then we should do the Order of the Bull as the bodyguard for the Count and his generals/nobles and we'll see if we can find something in terms of info for a hint of what Orders are/would be there.

The only mentions have found recently, in my new book, is that the Encarmine and Everlasting Light have a presense, but they are both very widely spread anyway, so it makes sense. Ostland appears to be heavily infantry based as it is. Not as heavily as Ostermark (the Counts of Ostermark dont even use Cavalry as their personal guard), but they seem to rely on spears and halberders almost exclusively.

Senator

and ogres. they have a large community of ogres they use in their armies.

Oh ya! forgot

The Elector Counts Bodyguards are Greatswords. I know the Infantry versus Cavaly BG argument, but in all cases, thebodyguards of the counts have been noted as Greatswords, that I can remember at least - for example, Solland, and Averland.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Senator

true, although some have who have ties to knightly orders such as Boris Todbringer and Aldebrand Ludenhof are given an attachment of knights as their bodyguard. Boris Todbringer is known for having a bodyguard of knights panther. I read in the novel "Call to Arms" (part of the empire army series) that Ludenhof sent his bodyguard of knights panther to protect the general leading his army. the novel source is suspect, as technically it's not canon. but those two counts are the only two i have read about having a guard of knights instead of greatswords(besides the reiksguard of course).

I think at the end of the day, the matter merely comes down to balance. Although hell, the Empire has enough units capable of taking on everything.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    true, although some have who have ties to knightly orders such as Boris Todbringer and Aldebrand Ludenhof are given an attachment of knights as their bodyguard. Boris Todbringer is known for having a bodyguard of knights panther. I read in the novel "Call to Arms" (part of the empire army series) that Ludenhof sent his bodyguard of knights panther to protect the general leading his army. the novel source is suspect, as technically it's not canon. but those two counts are the only two i have read about having a guard of knights instead of greatswords(besides the reiksguard of course).
    Also knights of bull

This is very true. ALL Counts and Burgomeisters have Greatswords as their bodybuard and household guard, but don't confuse this with personal guard. MANY Counts utilize their own House knights as a personal guard, who are local nobles sworn to his service, and some have guards from local knightly orders. There are only a few that fight on foot almost exclusively, such as the Counts of Ostermark, Averland, and Stirland. There are many resources which reflect this. Although it is typical for Counts to fight with his cadre of Greatswords, and not his Knights, when he leads the battleline personally.

My intention is to represent the Counts that possess personal guards of Knights as such, and those that do not (Ostermark, etc) will have Greatsword bodyguards instead. I think this is doable, yes?

Senator

if you mean doable game engine wise, then yes. perfectly doable. just have to give the the empire general models a ground animation, im pretty sure they are not assigned one in battlemodels.db.

Default Re: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(Panther Bodyguards)

Another update

The links aren't recognised, sorry Kaliaeth =(.

:grumbles: direct links aren't workin so I linked the album instead. Thanks for lettin me know.

Custom Banners for the Knights Panther have been added.

Default Re: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(Panther Banners)

Once again I must compliment you on your mods progression.
    As much as I anticipate the release of v1.4 I find my eagerness for your submod growing to equal it!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This mod is interesting!

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Gold lions

What you suggest for second weapon? Maybe axes and maces for variety with Panther?

Last edited by Werebear; May 14, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast