Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(Panther Banners)

Default Re: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(KotBS/with banner!))

Are you refering to the strat-map ones? I actually dont recall if there are any on the battlemap...

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    If you're remaking banners, could you make one for the crusade? It's quite annoying seeing my Averland halberdiers with crucifices on their banners. Cool.
    in 1.4

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Oh cool!

Thank you for the heads up isilendil! I won't bother with it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaeth Chillblade View Post
    Thank you for the heads up isilendil! I won't bother with it then.
    where did you see problem? i answered to you as i can

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaeth Chillblade
    doing my work on the knightly orders submod I noticed that the a couple of the Stirland faction banners are incorrect. They actually have the warrior maiden emblem that should instead be present on Talabheim's (Talabecland) banners instead. Would you like me to fix that and have it to you before the 1.4 patch is released?

Also, not sure if you caught my question on the Slaanesh zealot models and if you were gonna use the Slaanesh zealot design from War online. I'm hoping so 'cause those girls look awesome.
    All banners taked from official books....

i didnt saw them...

I sent you a PM back. As I said, the warrior maiden design actually belongs on Talabhiem's banners, which would be Talabecland as you guys have it set up for the mod. It is in honor of a maiden healer who took up arms to help defend the city from Skaven many hundreds of years before. All the information is from the Heraldry book and numerous other sources. Currently, CoW has her design on one of Stirland's banner, which is incorrect. I was just asking if you would like me to fix it and get it to you before the patch releases.

official stirland banner from White dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaeth Chillblade View Post
    I was just asking if you would like me to fix it and get it to you before the patch releases.
    there is nothing to fix
    Last edited by Werebear; April 03, 2010 at 12:48 AM.

You do realize that White Dwarf is often contains materials that are incorrect due to much of it being written by the 'Eavy Metal team and not by Games Workshop developers? The official standard of Stirland is a Skeleton with a sword, blowing a hunting horn on a green or black field. What you have there was created by the 'Eavy Metal team for a custom unit that participated in crusade against the Vampire Counts on Stirland's behalf.

Check the book Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire and you'll see what I am talking about.
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod2120005 The very latest edition just released in the UK, although the previous edition is widespread enough that finding a copy should be easy.

In the book, as well as other resources, is the story of how the maiden heraldry came to be. I gave you the most important details already, however.

oh hey! I managed to find time to scan some pages from my copy of the book, so you dont have to go spending money to get one, unless you want to of course!

They're big, so I'll put up the main Talabheim one only, unless you want more. The original scan was 900% larger than this and 96mb's...LOL Dunno what I did to the scanner settings

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7985/tala01.jpg

Senator

well, obviously i would like to see more , also do they any pictures of hunters or huntsmen of the great forest? or averland berjaeger corps?

Huntsmen yes, Berjaeger corps, yes.. the previous edition does not have the Berjaeger Corps though. Unfortunantly my scanner is acting up.. and I just noticed that the scanner cover broke the spine on my book, it's already coming loose! I could just cry..

I'll send you the other pages I scanned earlier.

Cool mod I'll be following it up.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Default Re: Empire Knightly Orders Submod Update(Reiksguard Bodyguard)

An additional preview of the Reiksguard bodyguard has been added. We have decided to now make the Grandmaster with Inner Circle units non-recruitable due to an issue of ensuring that they remain unique units. So instead, Saladin is working on a script that will make each Grandmaster a character with the Inner Circle Knights of his order as his bodyguard. The Grandmasters each will spawn ONCE when the building requirements are met, and respawn and be replaced by a new named character if the Grandmaster dies, or his unit is destroyed.

Just use my Reiksmarshall script

I believe that was what Saladin was going to do, modifying it to react to the completion of the Level 3 Knight's Residence.

So no Level 3 - no Gradmaster? Order without grandmaster?

KC and Saladin
    Very excited to see how these new scripts for Order Grandmaster works out.
    Your intention of making the Grandmaster unit non recruitable is a welcome one.
    I look forward to your next progress update!

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    KC and Saladin
    Very excited to see how these new scripts for Order Grandmaster works out.
    Your intention of making the Grandmaster unit non recruitable is a welcome one.
    I look forward to your next progress update!
    you can see it on Reik - kill Reiksmarshall and Emperroror elected new Reiksmarshall after few turns

Thankd for the support Germanicus!

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    So no Level 3 - no Gradmaster? Order without grandmaster?
    isilendil, not all orders have grandmasters to begin with. Some are lead simply by a council of knights without a central leader, and I can think of at least one that is governed by the entire body of knights in a hierarchal democracy (the more honors a knight has earned, the more his vote counts). Usually Grandmasters are associated with the major orders that have become so large in both size and reputation that a central hierarchy becomes a requirement with the order spread across the Empire and having many Chapter Houses, each governed by a Master (or an Abbot in the case of some Templar Orders) and reporting directly to the Grandmaster at the Order's Headquarters (which would be the level 3 structure).

Now consider that many Lords will invest lands, money and support to these Orders of knights in order to lure them to their provinces and support their causes. It's like a city offering incentives to business owners and corporations to convince them to set up shop in their city. Counts and Burgomeisters will offer incentives to get the Knightly Orders to come set up shop in their lands. Thus, just because you don't see the Order's Grandmaster in your Province, it doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Your job as a Lord is to convince him to serve you, bringing him to your lands. You do this by building him a Headquarters (a level 3 residence).

Immersion

I understand, and agree.

Can you tell me about next unit? And are going to make new orders(in near future)?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast