Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.X Install

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide

Reguardless if he did or not, his confusion may be stemming from the fact that there is a 6.0>6.2 patch AND a 6.1>6.2 patch.

Also, I believe I saw a few posts here by you Bane just containing the word yes. They're saturated in the aura of (*sigh* for the millionth time....)

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    Reguardless if he did or not, his confusion may be stemming from the fact that there is a 6.0>6.2 patch AND a 6.1>6.2 patch.
    I said that because the question is answered in the manual. My assumtion is that people that find it confusing to have a 6.0>6.2 patch AND a 6.1>6.2 patch (which is btw not that unusual) would at least trust in installation instructions.
    Btw to be overly technical there are three patches, 6.0->6.2, 6.1->6.2 and 6.0/6.1->6.2 patch with the last one beeing the recommend one.Ironically it was created to eliminate any doubts about which patch is the right one to use. Mission accomplished George W.
    Also, I believe I saw a few posts here by you Bane just containing the word yes. They're saturated in the aura of (*sigh* for the millionth time....)
    There is exactly one of those. I won't potentially confuse someone just to stretch out an answer when a clear "yes" is all thats needed and especially not when it gives me time to answer another post as well. The dreaded aura of an attempt at efficiency.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

You make my day so much better

I say, either remove every patch but the last, or atleast remove the first one you listed. The last one works just as well for the same functions. Like all gaming companies do, old versions should not be supported

The last one is the only one predominantly advertised. Its the only one listed in this topic and in the "Get 6.2 here" sticky. That should be enough.

Tiro

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.0 - 6.2 RR/RC Install Guide

Is this mod compatible with the Battle for the Baltic 2.0 submod?

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.0 - 6.2 RR/RC Install Guide

Quote Originally Posted by FJMS1988 View Post
    Is this mod compatible with the Battle for the Baltic 2.0 submod?
    This "mod"? This is the Stainless Steel 6.0 - 6.2 RR/RC Install Guide topic. This is not a single mod topic but install instructions for several SS versions... Check the submod topic for the requirements. The question you asked here and in the 6.3 topic is already answered there.

The Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide has now been updated for 6.3

Great post, missed one thing:

There's a download available for a bug fix patch to 6.3, its listed on the 6.3 release thread.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I have turned off user accounts and it still won't install. I keep getting the error message that it can't find the necessary files.

EDIT: Problem solved for now, installer running. Forgot to unzip the files
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; September 29, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Default 6.3 Installation problems

I have XP and whenever I try to install it no matter the mirror source, I get a message that the program is not "confiugered correctly" and that reinstalling it would potentially fix it. Of course it doesn't. Have you guys been coming across this problem?

I dont have steam version of MTW2 but I do have steam.

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 6.3 Installation problems

It refers to SS 6.3. Hold up, I just remembered that I only have 1.3. So is an update to 1.5 a requirement. Is this the potential problem?

Default Re: 6.3 Installation problems

Quote Originally Posted by YuriVII View Post
    It refers to SS 6.3. Hold up, I just remembered that I only have 1.3. So is an update to 1.5 a requirement. Is this the potential problem?
    6.3 needs Kingdoms 1.4 or 1.5.

Default Having a Problem

Hey when I had WIN 7 I could install SS6.3, and ran well, but after I reinstalled XP and formatted the winchesters, so I reinstalled MIITW+K, and when I try to install the SS6.3 I always get this error message:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vjtyww.jpg
    (dont know how to insert picture immediately here)
    The Hungarian sentence in the bottom:

"The program couldnt be launched/executed, because it's configuration is not good. The reinstallion of the application would solve the problem)

I've tried to reinstall the game too but I got the same problem afterwards...

I also tried only reinstalling the SS6.3 only, but the same

After this error, it says the installion is finished but if i try to launch ss6.3 exe it says its configuration is not good

Can anyone tell me how could I solve this problem?
    It would be great to play this Masterpiece again

Regards
    Last edited by Tyiallyradil; October 03, 2010 at 05:56 AM.

Default Re: Having a Problem

That installation error is mentioned and solved in the FAQ and Bugreports for 6.3.
    Q: Help! While installing i get this message or similar:
    "Create process failed; code 14001.
    This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstaling the application may fix this problem."
    A: Install this 1mb package, with run-time c++ libraries: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    After you've done that, make sure to go to Stainless Steel start menu group, and run setup.
    In the future please first check the faqs and do a search, thanks

Default Re: Having a Problem

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    That installation error is mentioned and solved in the FAQ and Bugreports for 6.3.
    In the future please first check the faqs and do a search, thanks

Default help installing SS 6.3

Im a noob when it comes to this.. but how do i install SS 6.3? I have everything up to Kingdoms 1.5 installed, now i want to install this mod.

Is it one part or more? Just help a noob like me

Default Re: help installing SS 6.3

But i dont understand those guids.. is 6.3 in 6 parts?? and how do i install them? download all and then install one after one?