Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath

Default Re: The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath

Quote Originally Posted by Moranimator View Post
    I want to give this achievement a go:
    "Declare war on all nations the first turn, never make peace, and win the game"

Any suggestions on which country I should use? And does anyone know if I have to declare war on all the minor countries too?
    You need to declear war on all nations !!!
    Play as England.

I think Russia would be a better choice, GB rely on trade too much and so their economy can't take having no onw to trade with.

I'd say russia is the best bet. Large tax revenue from the start. The big guys (france, GB) aren't anywhere near you. The historical campaign requirements are all close by and don't require a navy to get there. You don't need to maintain a navy at all (you have access to ships anyways).

Well I dont really know which country will be the best for obtaining this achievement, but I'd say France matches the required style of play most. Plus many of france's generals have big bonus to replenishment (general of the grande armee) which is important for against-all game.
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Play as France.. Roll on your neighbours quickly so as to prevent them building large armies fast. Be sure to take Vienna last when defeating the Austrians. (So as to avoid the peace settlement... the faction will instead be utterly detroyed)

Yeah, I think you guys are right. Britain seemed the obvious option, but not if all trade income disappears. Russia or France seem a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart View Post
    Well I started a GB game today in hope of getting this mdeal, its on VH?VH, I currently own the French coast am about to march into Spain, money is a little tight atm with me only getting aroun 800-1400 per turn. the worst thing that happenned though was that I had to disband all my starting navies except for my merchantmen and Indiamen.
    I also started as GB on VH in Campaign of the coaltioniton, tho as you mentioned I had to dispand nearly all my navy..... , I started with invading Norway as hoping not getting stabed in the back if i took it. After that i took Swe, Denmark, and im currently in Northern Russia where im getting my ass kicked xD,

Did it prove better to invade France 4 you ? and how many Reigons do u currently hold?,

(im on 19 reigons, year 1808)

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I have the acheivement and i did it with britian (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...poleonTotalWar). The key is for about 30 turns to simply spend on economy and not attack anything except french ships in the channel and around spain that can be sold Give up gibraltar, you can't keep it. By the time i attacked france i had two stacks and about 5000 a turn through trade nodes and a heavily upgraded Uk. I made sure beofr ei attacked i had enough money to build a star fort in calais, paris and the region i cant remeber the name of (you have a mission to capture it). Don't expect much from french regions for a while i had to hole up in my starforts and watch french armies maraud across france while the spanish came from the south. I made sure i had subdued france then attacked spain and won. Interestingly enoguh afterwards i managed to get the diplomats pin through making up with other countries and not giving regions away. (LOL).

oke, nice it worked out 4 you =), Tho dident u get attatcked from the North etc Prussia or netherlands? , I think it was to risky to invade France ,becuse u would end upp enemys on all sides xD

Artifex

By the time prussia eetc had got their act together i was comfortably sitting in star forts firing howitzers over the walls. France is also had been attacking prussia and austria for a while so they were some way off with their main armies.

Standard army was- general (alost always wellington as he is free) 12 foot 4 howitzers/ horse 6lb and 3 light infantry or cavalry.

I do not believe this! I just finished my French campaign and there is no Psychopat's Medallion for me . The first turn I declared war on everybody and I never made peace. Anyone know what could possibly went wrong?
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Artifex

I made sure i made war on all emergents on the turn they appeared, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    I made sure i made war on all emergents on the turn they appeared, did you?
    You don't need too. They don't count. You can make Protectorates and you can still get the Medallion. I got it as Russia.
    I Love Power as a Musician Loves His Violin
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

In terms of GB (lol i seemed to have missed masses of posts and realised i made no sense, if i ever do that is ) I think you'd be better off shedding Gibraltar for this medal (spain will buy it for 5000 gold but DO NOT SELL IT TO THEM UNTIL TURN 2 OR YOU'LL REMAIN BANKRUPT and you'll still be at war. Kill Vilneurves fleet in turn 3 and dont take the ships take the money! Also excempt london from taxes in turn 3 until Belgium can be liberated and trade established.). You have no chance holding it at game start if you want this medal. Baby steps are the key here. Trade nodes will work as people have said but you won't get the added juicy bonus of trading the goods to other countries unless they're green (A protectorate)...Remember the key here is making money to fund your 'total war'. if you cannot hold what you've taken due to rebellious attitudes then evacuate and retake it at a more convenient point.

Generally speaking the best infiltration zone to start with would be Norway/Sweden as you can isolate them with your navy and get a massive load of loot.

Best policy i have used is this. Game start liberate the dutch (move all troops from wales and scotland into england or you'll have a civil war). then the belgians, then take rheims and give that to the belgians (makesure they have a trade port.) then hop back on your ship. Liberate brittanty and take Caen and give that to Brittany (again making sure theres a trade port at Caen). Usually Belgium and Brittany will assist in defending the channel. you are also buffered from france and they no longer have any ports in the channel apart from the western dockyard which only needs one ship to blockade it. then move on norway and liberate. then move on denmark and liberate. Then take sweden and plunder. As this is going on build up merchant ships. by this point your economy should be good enough to fight alone or with your prots.

Then liberate Macklenburg - they will help with the war with prussia. Take and loot Berlin - massive bonus money there. Potentially liberate hanover but this can be looted too. France will still be reeling and worried about its northern borders but by the time your prots are set up they will push prussia and austria to land grab (france trades with belgium and brittany 90% of the time and won't attack them) At this point you should have a couple of armies. Take paris. knock the french out from within. then steamroll the prussians and the spanish and the portuguese. the austrians and russians will be tough but it is totally doable. By this point these two nations will have limited trade and you'll be very rich. Best policy for taking out austria is liberating greece, make sure a trade port is found for them. crush ottomans then roll on austria from three sides. vienna will fall. Italy is pretty simple this can be plundered or liberated depending on preference. All the while these wars are ongoing strengthen the navy. do not pause. do not stagnate or the economy will suffer. Makesure you have the best depo in england it gives +22% replinishment, you're liberating armies will repair in one or two turns and can then go back out and fight. nice simple tactic (this is all done on VH/VH btw which is what i always play) Great Britain is the easiest faction to do this with...i'm attempting this with russia now but havent completed it yet.

P.S. Sorry if this seems rushed or unreadable, i tried not to make it an essay
    Last edited by Trafener; April 17, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
    Wonder why i post a lot? I love the blonde to my left

The Crimson Prince.

One last thing i'd like to add: i've seen a thread that states a new protectorate won't take a damaged province off your hands; they will as long as you give them the exact cost of repair - usually i give 1000 to a new protectorate and the piece of damaged land, afterall i need them to be stronger to make money off them. Another thing to note is - if there's no trade port, you're going to have to hold the looted land for four turns and make or convert a trade port before giving it to said protectorate (dont convert in brittany or they won't be able to help defend the channel, build one in caen instead). That way trade is almost instant once you set up the agreement. The trickiest part is the first 10 turns but once Brittany, Belgium and Holland are all your protectorates its like you're not at war with the rest of the factions in terms of trade revenue atleast. Don't delete your navy.

OMG LOL Edit:

Sorry but i want to help people get this achievement: Another wicked thing to do is lower your two tiers of taxes all the way as britain as soon as its feasible - this should easily be doable after 8 or 10 turns if you have the merchant ships and the protectorates. This boosts your civilian pop rate which increases your tax revenue. also the nobles being taxed lowest increase your whole countries wealth. This is a big bonus later on, especially if you do these tax breaks every time your in a strong enough financial position. When you need to buy a new stack just increase the tax again etc. pretty simple!

That's me done i think. Good luck and i hope you find my input useful!
    Last edited by Trafener; April 17, 2010 at 12:33 AM.

The Crimson Prince.

Yep, that was the one. The above is perfection...i managed it on Very Hard/Very Hard and completed the campaign and got the medal in 1811, one year earlier than planned lol. I used my other pc to confirm the tactics so my advice is sound.

The Crimson Prince.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

I can confirm Trafener's statement

I've tried playing as Prussia because itsa challenge being in the middle of the map where you are completely surrounded but also next to small german states easy for the picking. Thus, you could liberate them and create a buffer zones + trade with them. What I usualy do before decalring war on all of europe at 1st turn are these steps:
    1) offer trade for bit of money.
    2) sell technolgies to small nations for money.
    3) sell 1 or 2 small regions for large sum of cash.
    4) make alliances with german states ofr money if possible.
    5) make alliance with the coalition for moeny also if possible.
    6) declare war on lonely states with your allies.
    7) declare war on the rest (let the allies be your last to declare war on).
    8) build or train as much as possible before ending the 1st turn.

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    By the time prussia eetc had got their act together i was comfortably sitting in star forts firing howitzers over the walls. France is also had been attacking prussia and austria for a while so they were some way off with their main armies.

Standard army was- general (alost always wellington as he is free) 12 foot 4 howitzers/ horse 6lb and 3 light infantry or cavalry.

how many armies did you use?
    i want to give your method a try

I now earned this achievement, playing as Prussia.
    On medium diffulcity ... it was crazy o_O

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast