Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath

Default The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath

I want to give this achievement a go:
    "Declare war on all nations the first turn, never make peace, and win the game"

Any suggestions on which country I should use? And does anyone know if I have to declare war on all the minor countries too?

Default Re: The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath

tried it failed badly good luck with it though no trade no money no armies war against the world recipe for death LOL.

I did just that first turn declared war against every faction major or minor that was currently in the game at that time but couldnt say if you needed to do the minor ones or just major ones it does say all so i did just that .

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Think its bugged, did it with my Italy campaign, at war with everyone apart from Piedmont coz I took Turin, I won, but idnt get it...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

You could try for the achievement in Napoleon's Italy campaign ; just bypass the Piedmontese' capital (as they will sue for peace if you capture it )

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

In the Europe/Campaigns of the Coalition part of the game, I would say this would be easiest done with the British as long as you load up trade nodes extremely heavily and keep a strong naval presence in the channel.

What about new states that arise? The ones that begin neutral. Do you have to instantly declare war on them the moment they appear?

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I suppose not seeing as "on the first turn" implies simply those nations that existed on the first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    I suppose not seeing as "on the first turn" implies simply those nations that existed on the first turn.
    but then there's "never make peace" passage which may apply to new nations

My guess is that it has to be either a coalition game or the french long campaign, not the episodic ones. But yeah, wish they would clarify a bit.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Indeed. I just finished the Italian campaign after declaring war on everyone on the first turn and then avoiding all the missions involving getting protectorate, but did not get the achievement. But I'm proud anyway!

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Think its bugged, did it with my Italy campaign, at war with everyone apart from Piedmont coz I took Turin, I won, but idnt get it...

Maybe because you "made peace" with Piedmont.

Italy should be the best choice.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Well I started a GB game today in hope of getting this mdeal, its on VH?VH, I currently own the French coast am about to march into Spain, money is a little tight atm with me only getting aroun 800-1400 per turn. the worst thing that happenned though was that I had to disband all my starting navies except for my merchantmen and Indiamen.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart View Post
    Well I started a GB game today in hope of getting this mdeal, its on VH?VH, I currently own the French coast am about to march into Spain, money is a little tight atm with me only getting aroun 800-1400 per turn. the worst thing that happenned though was that I had to disband all my starting navies except for my merchantmen and Indiamen.
    Wow, that will be a huge challenge. Good luck, you'll need alot!
    [Col] RO Citizen

Thanks, I was just wondering whether I can take my time or I have to complete the game in the time slot?

In news about my game, it turns out Russia really wanted the Ottomans dead, they have most of the Balkans now, Prussia keeps having min-wars with Russia and Austrai and France are currently having a power struggle. I would attack Paris but there is an entire stack inhabiting it.

Wait a minute here, something doesn't track. You said you disband your starting navy exc. for merchantmen and Indiamen - if you're at war with everyone, why populate trade nodes at all? You're not going to get any income are you? (Firiing up a test case myself...)

Nope. With just one trade partner you get full value for commodities. With no trade partners there is no benefit to populating trade nodes.
    Last edited by Randall Turner; March 21, 2010 at 07:44 AM.

You still ge the income from the goods, just not from trade routes...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    You still ge the income from the goods, just not from trade routes...
    <shrug> I'm looking right at it, I don't see it. (testing...) Moving my (horde) of merchantmen on and off the nodes makes no difference to any income line item. (I've got an old British savegame I'm using for testing.)

The trade routes still report income on them, but the income isn't "realized" until the trade goods get sent to a trade partner. (And it doesn't appear in your national budget.)

Not saying this is a bad thing, mind - just that it'll make winning a lot tougher.

In ETW, if you own plantations that grow goods, they earn money without having to trade. But I don't think there are any plantations in NTW.

I am just trying to get my hands on this Medallion with Napoleons armies (playing on VH/H). It's a bloody mess I can say you that!

Just now, my armies have stopped right in Tyrol (south) and under Denmark (north). Italy is almost done (one small Neapol army left).
    Those basterds from Saxony, Russia, Prussia and Austria are bashing my east frontier every single turn with a couple of full stacks (Blucher died many times now). Not long ago, Britain dissembarged few steps of Paris and Denmark started to attack from the north!

It's a massacre. Most of turns now last about hour or more. But at least it is a challenge!

The problem will come when I will try to destroy Austria without taking Wien...(because of the peace when you take this town)
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

I gave up guys, my economy would only allow me to have a full stack which kept getting harassed by the Spanish, I could do it 100 years but not 7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast