Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: giga's New Car Commentary

Default Re: The beginning

Good luck and i hope you'll make a great job...how will you amke the body part?

Carrera, Turbo or GT?

i a Porsche fan too, and sometimes i can drive my father's one

Wow Giga, many thumbs up!!!

Remember, you will love this car more than any other car you owe or ever owned. You know why? Not because it's a porche (it could be a dodge neon as well) , but because you will put some sweat into it and your hand work, you will have memories that you will never forget - good and bad- but one thing is sure, it will feel a lot more precious than a brand new car off the lot , which is perfect and needs nothing. Those are boring cars.

I know, because all my cars were customized to my liking. Here is mine, It's my project: (so far I have replaced some small things and some bigger things. It will also need a new transmission (it has a slipping problem), but besides it, it will be farther customized to my liking) I bought this car barely running and now it's my commuter car :

I also have another car I'm working on, but that'll be a surprise when I'm finished. It's already a head-turner, half-done!
    Last edited by HorseArcher; July 23, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragases1453 View Post
    Good luck and i hope you'll make a great job...how will you amke the body part?

Carrera, Turbo or GT?

i a Porsche fan too, and sometimes i can drive my father's one
    Oh please, I'm not mr moneybags here, I can only afford a standard 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsearcher View Post
    Wow Giga, many thumbs up!!!

Remember, you will love this car more than any other car you owe or ever owned. You know why? Not because it's a porche (it could be a dodge neon as well) ,

but because you will put some sweat into it and your hand work, you will have memories that you will never forget - good and bad- but one thing is sure, it will feel a lot more precious than a brand new car off the lot , which is perfect and needs nothing. Those are boring cars.

I know, because all my cars were customized to my liking. Here is mine, It's my project: (so far I have replaced some small things and some bigger things. It will also need a new transmission (it has a slipping problem), but besides it, it will be farther customized to my liking) I bought this car barely running and now it's my commuter car :

I also have another car I'm working on, but that'll be a surprise when I'm finished. It's already a head-turner, half-done!
    Yes, my sweat will grease the wheels and my blood will fuel its engine!... erm... But yes, this is why I want to get onto this. I want the car to feel like my own. Something that I really know what has happened with and what is really going on. It's totally a car which I will keep for a long time and enjoy for many years. I've begun cursory work, but I've been working a lot, so I don't always have a lot of time to work on this. Keep checking back, I'll get some new bits up soon when I have figured out what to do, and opened up things even more!

Thanks archer et. al!
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole
    Evariste says: I have huge, feminine breasts and I love them

I so have to ban you right now.
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole

middle age will happen to us all one day
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    middle age will happen to us all one day
    One day?

Been there, done that ...

One day?

Been there, done that ...
    bought the porsche
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Banned's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Civitate

Oh man, I've seen the beginning. Just waiting for the end...

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

We want pics! I am imagining you've picked rose for the main colour. Well, Ozy is, probably!

I'm sure he will add some shameless marketing for the ES and Helios.

Isn't that right Giga? *continues to press gun into Gig's back*
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dinadan View Post
    I'm sure he will add some shameless marketing for the ES and Helios.

Isn't that right Giga? *continues to press gun into Gig's back*
    And if he doesn't, I will! The shameless marketing, that is ...

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Any progress ?

Yikes, yes there is, but my camera is on a hiatus... I'll do up something this weekend! It's been a long time hasn't it?
    TWC Divus

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Yes... We want news!

Are those original wheels?

Goood luck man. My dad and I bought this rusty 67 Cougar for $8,000, and we restored it. I gotta tell you, it's fun. It might get boring at times but as long as you have your pockets deep enough to afford the parts, you will be ok. Once restored, it is so cool to drive it. The leather seats scent smells so good. Good luck man.
    Under The Patronage Of Leonidas the Lion

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

There is nothing more satisfying than rebuilding a car and then driving it around afterwards. It just makes it more enjoyable to know that your responsible for the thing moving at all.

Good luck gigagaia. Hopefully you'll make it through the ordeal without to many bruised knuckles and wholes in the garage wall from flying hammers.

@Oldgamer

A 1995 Mercury Cougar rebuilt is worth $50,000?!!!! Are you serious?

I pretty much gave mine away to the dealer for $150 when I bought my new car in 2000. The door locks were broken, the windows wouldn't roll down, the gas gauge was broken, the stock radio dial was broken, the gear shifter was broken, the tires kept falling off (I got repacking bearings down to a 5 minute and had to teach my girlfriend at the time how to do it. No matter how times i fixed the thing are brought it to a mechanic, the front passenger tire would just work itself off the spindle.) The directional switch had snapped off, and the air conditioner didn't work.

I wouldn't say I'm hard on cars, I just drive em a lot, put over 120,000 on the car by driving it across the country several times. But I nearly choked on my orange juice when I read restored it may be worth 50g's.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

1 year later....

Did you have any proceedings with your porsche?

Indefinitely Banned

he has given up, lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast