View Poll Results: What to do next ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release other units (reedit Ca' units and add others)

7 77.78%
  • Limit units to the max available during this period (sample : 14 units of french cuirassiers)

2 22.22%
  • Enhance the gameplay (better ai in the battles)

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: "Les Aigles" aka Bart 07 units add-on [1.13 released on 08/22/2013]

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Bart 07 units add-on

It worked. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    WOW very impressive! A great work!

Do you know this site? it could help you, there are hundreds of uniforms: http://www.mont-saint-jean.com/cent_jours/accueil.php (je crois que tu es Français, ça devrait moins poser problème...)
    There are a lot for Brunswick for example.

I know that it must take a lot of time to you, but I have a big challenge for you, when you will have time, I think it must be one of the hardest unit to do:
    "les marins de la garde impériale"
    Well, I love a lot this marines. But they aren't possible to do in NTW. Their torso is very Special and is not editable. The hussars have the same but with a passepoil.

I will not editing them.

Sorry for my frenglish.

Quote Originally Posted by bar07 View Post
    Well, I love a lot this marines. But they aren't possible to do in NTW. Their torso is very Special and is not editable. The hussars have the same but with a passepoil.

I will not editing them.

Sorry for my frenglish.
    It is what I was thinking. Perhaps when there will be the uniform editor, it will be possible. Thanks for you work, for the moment, you mod is the more accurate of all.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    It is what I was thinking. Perhaps when there will be the uniform editor, it will be possible. Thanks for you work, for the moment, you mod is the more accurate of all.

Well i am waiting for a unit editor but it but i don' believe Ca will give us, why for :
    First.. it's a good marketing idea to promise us with the game before the released,
    Second, they can't sell us addon unit pack,
    Third, they have already this tool,
    Fourth, you will not see any news on totalwar.com about it.

Sorry for frenglish.

Yes of course,

It's seem to be the britain.diffuse.dds

The problem is that uniform between the nation dds files can not be exchange.

The variant (unit) file can only refer to one of them :
    britain_inf_light_british_light_foot.soldier.unit_variant refer to britain.diffuse.dds
    france_inf_elite_french_young_guard.standard_bearer.unit_variant to france.diffuse.dds

in the case of Marins de la garde, we will have good coats and trousers but wrong shakos.
    ...However a lot of units can be done.

If you make mistake on "nation".diffuse.dds, you will have wrong texture or CTD if model don't exist in the atlas files (sample of atlas file : france_diffuse.atlas).

How I do ? : I edit new variant files with Hexeditor and i edit 6 db files you can see in my pack.
    Last edited by Bart07; March 20, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

FOR NOW, WITH NO MISRESPECT, I WILL BE OUT TO THE NEXT RELEASED

THE TIME I SPEND TO SPEEK IS A TIME I DON'T SPEND TO MAKE UNITS.

BYE
    Last edited by Bart07; March 20, 2010 at 04:48 PM.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

This mod is a great achievement but I suggest one thing: make the national units only recruitable in the region of the nation. For example Denmark units can only be made in Denmark and so on. It removes a lot the appeal of uniqueness when I can make like 10 different militia units on turn 1 in Italy.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Bar07 ,for the marins of the guard ,they wore dolman dress in parade uniform only, in campaign dress ,it was the caracot ,perhaps more moddable ?
    Keep the good work

Someone posted that for french people on an other forum to install the mod: Pour les Français qui n'arrivent pas à installer le mod!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

J'ai réussi l'installation, voici le parcours complet :

1. Télécharger ce fichier
    :"unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_0_fr
    ench.7z
    ici : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338582
    Complication : ce fichier ne peut être décompressé qu'avec le programme 7z que tu peux télécharger ici :
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    Copier ce fichier décompressé dans :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data
    (le x86 ne concerne que la version windows 64 bits)

2. Télécharger les deux fichiers suivants :
    Bart07modvanilla.zip et Bart07unlockedvanilla.zip ici :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341303
    Décompresser ces fichiers et les placer dans le même dossier :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data

3. Créer un fichier nommé "user.script" avec wordpad dans ce dossier :
    C:\Users\"ton nom d'utilisateur"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Nouvelle complication : à partir du dossier "AppData" ce sont des dossiers cachés qu'il faut réveler à partir des options de dossiers dans le panneau de configuration de windows.
    Autre complication : ce que tu écris dans le fichier "user.script" doit être en unicode, donc utilise "wordpad" et pas un traitement de texte.
    Donc dans ce nouveau fichier tu écris exactement :
    mod "Bart07modvanilla.pack"; "Bart07unlockedvanilla.pack"
    N'oublie pas les ". Sur le site TWC, Bart07 dis de nommer ce fichier "user.script.txt", chez moi ça ne marche pas, il faut le nommer "user.script" seulement.

Voilà, tu es au bout du parcours du combattant !
    J'ai enfin toutes les unités mais leur sélection est difficile tant les petites fenêtres de recrutement sont serrées.
    Last edited by panzerschreck; March 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

c'est vrai qu'il est très difficile de selectionner les unités en bout de liste ,voire impossible tellement c est serré ,vivement une AOR
    It's very difficult to select units on the recruitment list, they're too many.. AOr recruitment would be the solution when possible

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    c'est vrai qu'il est très difficile de selectionner les unités en bout de liste ,voire impossible tellement c est serré ,vivement une AOR
    It's very difficult to select units on the recruitment list, they're too many.. AOr recruitment would be the solution when possible
    I think it's the price to pay, there is no chance that someone manage to change the presentation, to make it on two lines for example. It's CA who could do that, when you look to your screen, there 's plenty of space that could be used...

Screenshots of update coming very very soon.

Hey Bart ! I had some troubles to make your mod work but now it works but I have a CTD when I start a Battle with the battle mode.

With new update of this afternoon it makes the game crash for me. And I have only the Bart07modvanilla.pack installed. Must crash with other mods perhaps, the previous didn't for me...
    Last edited by panzerschreck; March 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

I got the same problem like the two before.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

it works for me but not without the other pack : (unlockedvanilla), some units don't have yet names though..
    Gardes d'honneur are very well made ,just their trousers is too "pink" but i presume there are hardcoded colours for this one, thanks too for the shako of the french grenadiers which is at least historical, now, Bravo Bar07 !

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Hey Bart ! I had some troubles to make your mod work but now it works but I have a CTD when I start a Battle with the battle mode.
    I test it with Bart07unlockedvanilla.pack activate and i have no bug, can you send me screenshots of the armies selection. I think it comes form a model (NTW don't find it).

I can't make screenshots on NTW, I don't know why but I think it's from the Horses Brunswickers because I used them in this battle.