View Poll Results: What to do next ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release other units (reedit Ca' units and add others)

7 77.78%
  • Limit units to the max available during this period (sample : 14 units of french cuirassiers)

2 22.22%
  • Enhance the gameplay (better ai in the battles)

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: "Les Aigles" aka Bart 07 units add-on [1.13 released on 08/22/2013]

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Bart 07 units add-on

Quote Originally Posted by bar07 View Post
    The next to comes are Guard Infantry Units (old, middle and young guard) and some cavalry guard units (mameluks, gardes d'honneurs).
    I focus on the guard because they represented 112 000 mens in 1814 (see beelow).
    Année (year) 1805 - 12 187 hommes (mens).
    Année 1807 - 15 361 hommes.
    Année 1808 - 15 392 hommes.
    Année 1809 - 31 203 hommes.
    Année 1810 - 32 150 hommes.
    Année 1811 - 51 960 hommes.
    Année 1812 - 56 169 hommes.
    Année 1813 - 92 472 hommes.
    Année 1814 - 112 482 hommes.
    Année 1815 - 25 870 hommes.

And then after, "many other factions units recruitable for france (poland, saxe, italia, netherlands, wespthalia, bavaria, hannover, naples...)" : but for them, i will have to study resource to make them recruitable in an aera of recruitment if possible... I don't know at the time (?).
    The goal is to make them playable for an Invasion of the East. (In 1812, for invasion of Russia, Napoleon on an army of 675 000 mens, 450 000 were French, other are foreigners contingent : italian, polish, bavarian and many more...).

Spanish line will not be recruitable. if Spain was first allied with napoleon, they don't send any troops to the emperor and when France was at war with spain, troops engaged in the Peninsular War were French. Very few troops were Spanish and oftenly they deserted the battlefield. Only some regiments like régiment Joseph Napoleon were operationnal.
    Don't Forget : Spain was an attrition war for the French Army, many experienced troops from the previous campaigns were killed during this campaign this is what explain in part the first difficulty of "La grande Armée" to obtain a decisive victory At Essling and Wagram in 1809.
    I don't want an AOR, I don't want to run over my allies just for a few units.
    And the begins in 1805, before Napoleon's betrayal. I believe Spain did have troops overseas with Napoleon before 1808.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I don't want an AOR, I don't want to run over my allies just for a few units.
    And the begins in 1805, before Napoleon's betrayal. I believe Spain did have troops overseas with Napoleon before 1808.

The great campaign is a continental warfare not an oversea. Only Spain Navy was a real help for France in 1805 (this adventure seems to end at trafalgar).

I never heard of a battle or a campaign where spanish was a major (or minor) allies of the first empire.

Why Napoleon want to take control of Spain ?
    - Take control of all the atlantic line for embargo against United-Kingdom,
    - Conquest will be easy,
    - He listen to Talleyrand (who is for the emperor "De la merde dans un bas de Soie" Dixit), a french ambassador, minister and politician...
    - He suffered of the hill of the conquerant...

That's why I must keep some reality.

Otherwhise, In the future you will have italian, bavarian and many more to conquest Europe.

Default Units size

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    yes I use thogoraros mod and I have modified my preferences too. I use to play with 600 men in infantry, 10 canons per artillery unit and 225 men in cavalry. So for your units only, I have 180 men in infantry and 90 in cavalry. I tried to modify your mod with pfm but it didn't work...
    What to do :
    - Check the version of PFM you have,
    - If you have before a PFM version for ETW installed, the pack files will open with this version (windows files attachement) not the last you download. That's why in editing you must first open you Napoleon PackFileManager.exe and in it select the files to open.
    Don't make a double click on your pack files or you will open it with the old version.

Did this help you ?

And now, some screenshots of units coming now.

in orders,
    French Old Guard Chasseurs,
    Middle Guard Chasseurs,
    Middle Guard Grenadiers,
    Mameluks,
    Young Guard Chasseurs behind a line of middle guard,
    I removed also the epaulettes of the gendarmes and grenadiers à cheval (Horse grenadiers and gendarmes),
    Middle Guard grenadiers and old Guard artillery in action,
    Last edited by Bart07; March 17, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Default Re: Units size

What to do :
    - Check the version of PFM you have,
    - If you have before a PFM version for ETW installed, the pack files will open with this version (windows files attachement) not the last you download. That's why in editing you must first open you Napoleon PackFileManager.exe and in it select the files to open.
    Don't make a double click on your pack files or you will open it with the old version.

Did this help you ?
    I have the pfm 1.13b3, the one that we are supposed to use for NTW. Here is what I have with 2 lines of your mod.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

The great campaign is a continental warfare not an oversea. Only Spain Navy was a real help for France in 1805 (this adventure seems to end at trafalgar).

I never heard of a battle or a campaign where spanish was a major (or minor) allies of the first empire.

Why Napoleon want to take control of Spain ?
    - Take control of all the atlantic line for embargo against United-Kingdom,
    - Conquest will be easy,
    - He listen to Talleyrand (who is for the emperor "De la merde dans un bas de Soie" Dixit), a french ambassador, minister and politician...
    - He suffered of the hill of the conquerant...

That's why I must keep some reality.

Otherwhise, In the future you will have italian, bavarian and many more to conquest Europe.
    By overseas, I meant like in Dennemark and Germany.
    And wouldn't the Mamelukes bring camels to Europe with them?

I have the pfm 1.13b3, the one that we are supposed to use for NTW. Here is what I have with 2 lines of your mod.
    This is the version I use, it works perfectly on my PC. Try it.

Ps : you can Download last version of the pack.

This is the version I use, it works perfectly on my PC. Try it.

Ps : you can Download last version of the pack.
    perfect! that works, I can totally enjoy you work now!

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

God job mate!

Default spanish line

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    By overseas, I meant like in Dennemark and Germany.
    And wouldn't the Mamelukes bring camels to Europe with them?
    I remember now,
    There's the marquis de la romana division who served under French command.

The wikipedia about him :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_C...s_of_La_Romana

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bart07; March 17, 2010 at 06:45 PM.

One of the big lack of the french faction is the "carabiniers", could you do it? Please...

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

I have a little problem with the mod : units appear in game ,no problem on that ,but their names are not always displayed ,Hussars have their regiment numbers, but all the other troops like young guard ,gendarmes ,etc, have a blank, any idea ???
    I have others mods, like battle maps, retexture of the russians ,but nothing for french army ,except the remake of the bearskin of the old guard..
    Nice mod btw, i like the colours, and i'm eagerly waiting for honour guards ,my favorite unit of the guard.
    Last edited by Beorix; March 18, 2010 at 07:15 AM.

One of the big lack of the french faction is the "carabiniers", could you do it? Please...
    Ok, i will add it to the list.

The carabiniers are the grenadiers of the "light". The difference with Grenadiers is that they can also skirmich. He's the ancestor of the modern "Grenadiers-Voltigeurs" (French Name for infantry trooper type).

Somes General Regrouped this elite companies, they were known as "Grenadiers Réunis" but they also contained carabiniers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    I have a little problem with the mod : units appear in game ,no problem on that ,but their names are not always displayed ,Hussars have their regiment numbers, but all the other troops like young guard ,gendarmes ,etc, have a blank, any idea ???
    I have others mods, like battle maps, retexture of the russians ,but nothing for french army ,except the remake of the bearskin of the old guard..
    Nice mod btw, i like the colours, and i'm eagerlu waiting for honour guards ,my favorite unit of the guard.

Well you have conflict with another localisation.loc files. NTW Support only one of these file type. The last to load in the game (the last mod who has one in your userscript.txt).

Look inside the the mods you use (with PFM) to see it. Export it to excel (tsv export) add the lines of the bart07.localisation.loc contains in the bart07modvanilla.pack. Reimport in PFM and save.

Hi ... do you have a French version of you'r mod ? (texte / icon in French)

Text will only be supported in english. My time is limited, i prefer to see more type of units on the battlefield than to optimize the "interface" for each language.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

in my user script ,i have only two lines : one for your mod, and one for Swiss halberdier mod ("unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_4.pack"; ) ,so what can be the problem ??
    i have erased all the other mods in data , only UPC 1.4 and Bart07 subsist but still no names for some units (except hussars)...
    Last edited by Beorix; March 18, 2010 at 08:34 AM.

in my user script ,i have only two lines : one for your mod, and one for Swiss halberdier mod ("unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_4.pack"; ) ,so what can be the problem ??
    i have erased all the other mods in data , only UPC 1.4 and Bart07 subsist but still no names for some units (except hussars)...
    History of my pack :
    1est Pack : The hussars,
    2nd Pack : The Hussars, swiss and crotas, Guard Cavalry,
    3rd pack : The Hussars, swiss and crotas, Guard Cavalry, Guard Infantry.

UPC 1.4 is only update with my first pack not the third

Download the UPC pack in the first Post.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Ok ,so, i have to wait that Swiss Halberdier will update his UPC. But i have seen in your previous screenshots ,that gendarmes have their names appearing ingame, have you modified something ? If yes ,can you provide these files ?
    Ah ,a last question : When will you do the Gardes d' honneur ? They also belonged to the Imperial guard , after all
    Thanks for your great work !

Ok ,so, i have to wait that Swiss Halberdier will update his UPC. But i have seen in your previous screenshots ,that gendarmes have their names appearing ingame, have you modified something ? If yes ,can you provide these files ?
    Ah ,a last question : When will you do the Gardes d' honneur ? They also belonged to the Imperial guard , after all
    Thanks for your great work !
    I update myself the localisation.loc file in my patchXX.pack XX : For your language (EN : English, FR : French...).
    You Can Try the UPC Download on the first post : I include names in.

Honour Guard will be do not in the next release (next update will unlock minor factions units to major faction.) but in the second or third update to come. Their Shakos will not be red : In NTW, shako colour is not moddable by the uniforms colors table. If I want to, I must mod texture colour wish is impossible without altering other units, that's why their shako will be and stay black. They will look like hussars.