Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 14.3.18

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    I just can't get the name to change. I have 100% followed these instructions by changing the name next to factions_screen_name but nothing changes. Is there anything else you can suggest?
    Check that you don't have other .PACK files in "data" folder that includes a "localisation.loc" file.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 14.3.18

Oh my gosh thank you, Miguel! That was the issue. I have wanted to make this change for so long!

Also thanks to Swiss for putting up with my questions!

Oh my gosh thank you, Miguel! That was the issue. I have wanted to make this change for so long!
    Great that it works now for you.

You're welcome, the solution was already given by Swiss Halberdier. I only showed the images to confirm that it works.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released a new version of the UPC-EMP and added some small optimizations on the technical side of the mod.

Included a new mod:

War of the Quadruple Alliance by Miguel_80 which includes now units of AUM-EMP by Swiss Halberdier.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?762666

UPC language files
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8f1...nguage%20files

Enjoy UPC-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

I'm guessing that to repair missin units names in Casus Belli must to move units names from cb_localisation.pack (one of Casus Belli files) to UPC file. Which program do it best?
    It's not much work for someone who knows mods,but rather, no one will do it anymore . I do not know about mods but I will try. I do not promise that I will succeed. Sorry for my poor english.

Quote Originally Posted by youngcarter View Post
    I'm guessing that to repair missin units names in Casus Belli must to move units names from cb_localisation.pack (one of Casus Belli files) to UPC file. Which program do it best?
    It's not much work for someone who knows mods,but rather, no one will do it anymore . I do not know about mods but I will try. I do not promise that I will succeed. Sorry for my poor english.
    You could upload the file somewhere and I will have a look. But as far as I remember the CB loc file is alphabetically sorted, so it's for me quite impossible to see which texts are custom and which vanilla.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Hello UPC-EMP users,

recently Thrones of Britannia has been released and it features the same language system like the previous games and therefore if a player uses another language than English, then the custom texts added from modders in their mods are not visible in game. Therefore I created the new UPC-TOB and it supports 12 languages.

Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB)

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Hi Swiss Halberdier.

Since downloading the UPC several weeks ago for use with the AUM-EMP unit pack, I have painstakingly written all new descriptions for the units included there. Sometimes to fix spelling errors or weird syntax, but also to rephrase in order to fit in with the vanilla ones. Here's a sample.

Before:
    Engineers are strong men who can build all battle fortifications, know how to fight in melee and can guard the flanks. But they are poor shooters.
    After:
    Engineers are resourceful men who can build battle fortifications, and although they are poor marksmen they know how to fight in melee.
    Before:
    The 18. century wasn't famous for mercenaries. But at all time in history they were soldiers who fight for money. The Generals could really fast recruit some experienced troops for money. But that has a high prize. The mercenaries were an investment in time of crisis and should be disbanded after they weren't needed anymore, because they are very expensive and it's much cheaper to recruit own troops [etc...]
    After:
    By the 18th century, the age of massive armies of mercenaries roaming the countryside in Europe was over. But all throughout history are situations where a king or commander could wisely take advantage of soldiers who fight for money, should the need arise: and given that they don't empty the coffers, or worse, help themselves to them when the fighting is over!

Mercenaries should be treated as an investment in a time of crisis, and should be disbanded after they have outlived their usefulness. Their combat capabilities are no better or worse than similar formations that see regular service, although they tend to occasionally suffer from low morale when the battle turns against them: after all, they fight not for glory or honour, but for wealth! [etc...]
    99% of AUM-EMP units now have a unique description following the vanilla style. No displayed unit names were changed. If there is interest, I would like to offer the edits for inclusion into the pack. If so, what would be the preferred method of exporting the specific rows with PFM? I gather they should be exported as .tsv files perhaps?

Thanks for your great work!
    Last edited by -Durango-; June 03, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Durango85 View Post
    Hi Swiss Halberdier.
    Since downloading the UPC several weeks ago for use with the AUM-EMP unit pack, I have painstakingly written all new descriptions for the units included there. Sometimes to fix spelling errors or weird syntax, but also to rephrase in order to fit in with the vanilla ones. Here's a sample.

99% of AUM-EMP units now have a unique description following the vanilla style. No displayed unit names were changed. If there is interest, I would like to offer the edits for inclusion into the pack. If so, what would be the preferred method of exporting the specific rows with PFM? I gather they should be exported as .tsv files perhaps?

Thanks for your great work!
    This sounds very interesting and thanks a lot for your work! Yes please export the complete file as .tsv and send it to me via a private message. Then I will check all new AUM-EMP descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    This sounds very interesting and thanks a lot for your work! Yes please export the complete file as .tsv and send it to me via a private message. Then I will check all new AUM-EMP descriptions.
    Will do!

First I need to finish up the new descriptions for the Russian and Swedish "Poltava" units, since they didn't even have any. Those can be found at the end of the file, and if you wish to keep them I'll also send you my edited Poltava units table so you don't have to fix it yourself. In that case the AUM pack also needs to be updated.

Will do!
    First I need to finish up the new descriptions for the Russian and Swedish "Poltava" units, since they didn't even have any. Those can be found at the end of the file, and if you wish to keep them I'll also send you my edited Poltava units table so you don't have to fix it yourself. In that case the AUM pack also needs to be updated.
    Yes Danova didn't add descriptions there. Sure do all with calm and if it's finished, then please send me a pm + the upgraded db table.
    But I don't update AUM-EMP that fast as I further gather stuff and doing then all in one update later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes Danova didn't add descriptions there. Sure do all with calm and if it's finished, then please send me a pm + the upgraded db table.
    But I don't update AUM-EMP that fast as I further gather stuff and doing then all in one update later this year.
    OK, nice. I also replied in the thread for the AUM-EMP pack with some stuff I made.

I'll send everything to you in a .zip file.

OK, nice. I also replied in the thread for the AUM-EMP pack with some stuff I made. I'll send everything to you in a .zip file.
    Great and thanks a lot for your work!

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Hi swiss,

Link for me gives not secure warning does not allow me to connect to the page due to their being no secure certificate. Do you by any chance have an alternative link?.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMask View Post
    Hi swiss,

Link for me gives not secure warning does not allow me to connect to the page due to their being no secure certificate. Do you by any chance have an alternative link?.
    As I don't have a paid Mediafire account, it displays the annoying ad pop ups. They don't hurt, but probably the site is partly blocked by a script blocker or an anti-virus add-on via the browser. With which browser did you try it?

How to copy more than one lines at a time in the pack file manager? I want add casus belli to upc, just add text from units_on_screen and units_description, but i dont know how to do it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by youngcarter View Post
    How to copy more than one lines at a time in the pack file manager? I want add casus belli to upc, just add text from units_on_screen and units_description, but i dont know how to do it fast.
    The fastest way would be this:

Export the localisation.loc from UPC-EMP as TSV file. (There is a button Export TSV on the right side if you click on the localisation.loc)
    Export the localisation.loc from Casus Belli as TSV file.
    Copy/paste the whole content of the exported TSV file from Casus Belli to the bottom of the exported UPC-EMP file with a text editor.

I can highly recommend the tool Notepad ++ as it works fine with codes, scripts, html and large text files like the UPC files.

Import this merged TSV file again into the UPC-EMP mod and then you have a combined new file. Of course there will be lots of double entries, but this doesn't hurt and all new custom entries from Casus Belli will show up in game.

I did it some time ago, but thank you. Copy all lines from cb_localisation dont help me because in this file is problem with names units from AUM and names of some city. I dont must did it, I can use cb_localisation but this got some problem with names of vanilla game, in it upc is better but dont have CB units names. cb_localisation its like your upc mod but only in english. I copy only some lines (mainly unit_on_screen and unit_description) and this work for me, all units got name and all other text in game is ok. All my problems with CB its over. UPC is very great addon, now when I know this method I can add everything I need to UPC, of course if it is not there, UPC support a much mods. Big thanks.

Good that you solved your problem. Yes exactly lots of mods use the UPC as a base or modders/players modify the UPC to their needs. That's totally fine and everyone can use my UPC for his mods or his personal adaptions.