Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

diablo460's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 13.2.15

First of all THANK YOU for this work

I have recentrly re-installed darthmod + causa belli 2.2.
    As i play the game in spanish, i also added your marvellous UPC spanish 1.6

The problem is that, for a considerable amount of units, no unit name is displayed (because the upc spanish is only at 1.6 of course).
    But my doubt is that fi it would be posible to display in english the name of these untis that are not translated in spanish, instead of having blank spaces for this specific units.

I dont know if i was very clear haha...
    Thanks for the time reading the post, and thanks again for the marvelous work!
    Last edited by diablo460; August 22, 2016 at 09:29 AM.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 13.2.15

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Is this a UPC or original mod typo issue?

I tweaked it up as part of a compatch as part of a general stats fix since the APETI versions aren't released anymore. Yes, I'm feeling nostalgic.
    Yes these are faults of the original vanilla localization. If you have corrected vanilla parts of the English localization, then I could integrate them officially.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo460 View Post
    First of all THANK YOU for this work

I have recentrly re-installed darthmod + causa belli 2.2.
    As i play the game in spanish, i also added your marvellous UPC spanish 1.6

The problem is that, for a considerable amount of units, no unit name is displayed (because the upc spanish is only at 1.6 of course).
    But my doubt is that fi it would be posible to display in english the name of these untis that are not translated in spanish, instead of having blank spaces for this specific units.

I dont know if i was very clear haha...
    Thanks for the time reading the post, and thanks again for the marvelous work!
    My UPC mod is a bit newer than the original DMUC_UPC which is included in Darthmod. But yes certainly there could be lots of missing unit names.

The problem with the language system of Empire is, that even if you change your language to English in the Steam options, then the unit names aren't displayed automatically. So sadly there is no way to display unit names of mods which aren't included in the UPC at the moment. Only if the modder of the mod created an own UPC file somehow. I don't know if Causa Belli has an own UPC file.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes these are faults of the original vanilla localization. If you have corrected vanilla parts of the English localization, then I could integrate them officially.

My UPC mod is a bit newer than the original DMUC_UPC which is included in Darthmod. But yes certainly there could be lots of missing unit names.

The problem with the language system of Empire is, that even if you change your language to English in the Steam options, then the unit names aren't displayed automatically. So sadly there is no way to display unit names of mods which aren't included in the UPC at the moment. Only if the modder of the mod created an own UPC file somehow. I don't know if Causa Belli has an own UPC file.
    Thanks for the answer Swiss Halberdier

Now i see how empire files work. Sad to not be able to make it this way.

And what about if i would translate it myself (only for spanish of course hehe), would you be able to include it in your mod??

Quote Originally Posted by diablo460 View Post
    Thanks for the answer Swiss Halberdier

Now i see how empire files work. Sad to not be able to make it this way.

And what about if i would translate it myself (only for spanish of course hehe), would you be able to include it in your mod??
    Yes sure I could include your translation into the official UPC file. Please send me a pm via TWC with the link to the Causa Belli mod. And even better if you have the special Causa Belli language file, then please upload it for me somehwere that I can check it and see if I can manage it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes sure I could include your translation into the official UPC file. Please send me a pm via TWC with the link to the Causa Belli mod. And even better if you have the special Causa Belli language file, then please upload it for me somehwere that I can check it and see if I can manage it somehow.

PM sent

Hey, love your unit mod however I have installed the compatibility english file for the names but it still doesnt show up. I checked and the file is in my data folder but it still doesn't work. Do you happen to know why?

Edit: I realized I had a loc file I was unaware of. Fixed the problem
    Last edited by biasedplatypus7; September 04, 2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: fixed problem

Quote Originally Posted by biasedplatypus7 View Post
    Hey, love your unit mod however I have installed the compatibility english file for the names but it still doesnt show up. I checked and the file is in my data folder but it still doesn't work. Do you happen to know why?

Edit: I realized I had a loc file I was unaware of. Fixed the problem
    Good that you fixed the problem. Yes if more than one updated language file (from mods) is in the data folder, then they are incompatible to each other and the UPC can't load sometimes.

Unfortunately, I have some technical difficulties. I try to play DME 8.0.1 in connection with AUM. Therefor I downloaded the latest version of UPC in german language (version 3.0). I added it into my pack-file and transfered the old file (UPC 2.7) into an seperate new folder in the directory, so that version 3.0 will be loaded.

If I start the game now, all works greatly, but every text in in English. I installed UPC (german, 3.0) a second time, but no different result .

What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Benehana View Post
    Unfortunately, I have some technical difficulties. I try to play DME 8.0.1 in connection with AUM. Therefor I downloaded the latest version of UPC in german language (version 3.0). I added it into my pack-file and transfered the old file (UPC 2.7) into an seperate new folder in the directory, so that version 3.0 will be loaded.

If I start the game now, all works greatly, but every text in in English. I installed UPC (german, 3.0) a second time, but no different result .

What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix the problem?
    Yes exactly the DME UPC file called DME_UPC_v2_7_german.pack or any other DME_UPC file should be removed from the directory here:

C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

Please check if there are probably other language files from other mods which could conflict with the UPC. You can find the other language files by searching for these examples below. They are mostly called like this:

patch_***text.pack
    patch_***loc.pack
    movie_***text.pack
    movie_***loc.pack
    my_*loc.pack
    ***localisation***.pack

Another thing is that I didn't have the time to translate all entries of all mods in the UPC German. So I added at least the English unit names to the UPC file, that the players can at least see an English unit name, instead of just a blank unit name.

If you search for my AUM-EMP units in the custom battle screen, then you should see the German unit names as I translated all AUM-EMP units into German. Then it's clear that the UPC German gets loaded correctly.

Thank you for your help!!

The only file, which fitted to the description is the localisation.pack, but if I delete it, the game chrashes while starting.
    I will go on with the "english" Version

That means a mixture between english and german - the menu-options say "save game" etc. while some other buttons are in german e. g. "Runde beenden"... crazy, but the system runs anyway. (regarding the unit names even standard line infantry is called in english)

Anyway a very great mod!

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 3.12.16

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released a new version of the UPC-EMP. I added several fixes of already included mods.

UPC language files

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8f1...nguage%20files

Please remove the old file unit_pack_compatibility_project_empire*.pack and copy the new file UPC_*.pack into your Empire data folder.

C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 3.12.16

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for the info!

UPC-EMP reached the 3rd place in the category Classic Submod/Minor Mod.

Thanks a lot to all voters!

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 14.8.17

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released a new version of the UPC-EMP.

- added several fixes of already included mods in all language versions
    - added several German translations

- added additionaly all other remaining languages as new UPC versions

Russian / Czech / Polish / Japanese

These new languages contain all core vanilla entries in the related language. I added all UPC-EMP entries in English and you can see at least an English unit name.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It's better to have at least an English name there, as there is just a blank unit name."

UPC language files

Enjoy UPC-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

I cannot download the files from mediafire unfortunately without a premium account, is there any alternative option?

Quote Originally Posted by marketgoose View Post
    I cannot download the files from mediafire unfortunately without a premium account, is there any alternative option?

Ah my bad, please disregard that I'm dumb and didn't know you had to open the folder and download the individual .zip

Thank you for the great mod!
    Last edited by Frunk; August 31, 2017 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 14.8.17

Quote Originally Posted by marketgoose View Post

Ah my bad, please disregard that I'm dumb and didn't know you had to open the folder and download the individual .zip
    Thank you for the great mod!
    Welcome to the forums marketgoose No problem at all. Yes exactly I placed the link to the overview section of all my UPC files. There you can just select the folder from the related TW game which contains the UPC files for them. As I don't have a premium Mediafire account an ad will be openend. Just click it away.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 14.3.18

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released a new version of the UPC-EMP.

- added several fixes of already included mods in all language versions
    - some adaptions to the four new additional supported languages which have been added in the last release
    - fixed some unit names related to the upcoming new update of AUM-EMP

UPC language files

Enjoy UPC-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 14.3.18

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released a big update of the Spanish UPC-EMP version.

Huge thanks to Miguel_80 for his translation of the AUM-EMP and ORNAMENTUM unit names and descriptions into Spanish.

UPC language files

Enjoy UPC-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Swiss, I'm commenting from your AUM mod page where I was asking questions regarding editing UPC to change the name of Austria to Holy Roman Empire.

Your last comment to me:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    All vanilla "Tag" columns and their entries shouldn't be changed as otherwise the engine doesn't recognize anymore the entry in game.

So please leave the "Tag" column entry factions_screen_name_austria as it is and just change the entry "Austria" in the column "Localised String". Yes of course you can also change the related "Localised String" entry of the "Tag" column entry factions_screen_adjective_austria to your favour.

You can manually edit and change all entries in the "Localised String" column.

I just can't get the name to change. I have 100% followed these instructions by changing the name next to factions_screen_name but nothing changes. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    Swiss, I'm commenting from your AUM mod page where I was asking questions regarding editing UPC to change the name of Austria to Holy Roman Empire.

Your last comment to me:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    All vanilla "Tag" columns and their entries shouldn't be changed as otherwise the engine doesn't recognize anymore the entry in game.

So please leave the "Tag" column entry factions_screen_name_austria as it is and just change the entry "Austria" in the column "Localised String". Yes of course you can also change the related "Localised String" entry of the "Tag" column entry factions_screen_adjective_austria to your favour.

You can manually edit and change all entries in the "Localised String" column.

I just can't get the name to change. I have 100% followed these instructions by changing the name next to factions_screen_name but nothing changes. Is there anything else you can suggest?
    Basically it should really work like I described it.