Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-ETW) 6.3 English - 2.7 German - 1.5 French - 1.3 Spanish - updated 28.2.11

Would it be possible to add 'The Great Spirit Mod' to your next edition of UPC?

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-ETW) 6.3 English - 2.7 German - 1.5 French - 1.3 Spanish - updated 28.2.11

For ETW that is.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

hi,

I have already put this fail: unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.pack in to the ..... empire total war/data directory, but anyway the mod dosn't work !!!!!!

please help me , how can I activated this mod ?

if it is not possible, tell me please, where can I download other mod with the new georgian and realistic original unit models ?

Has anybody taken up Swiss' job?

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) English - German - French - Spanish - Italian updated 27.9.13

Hello UPC-EMP users,

finally I'm back again and I updated the UPC-EMP.

Thanks a lot to IGdood who kept this project alive and he did a great job on his UPC thread here while I was away.

Updates:

- included the final localization version of Empire (last patch and all DLCs)
    - fixed several entries of included mods
    - upcoming release of AUM-EMP 3.3
    - added entries by IGdood

md1453's 1.8 us units mod
    Roma Victrix mod
    adrian74's unitbooster india mod
    adrian74's unitbooster morocco mod
    Megasalexandros' Preussens Gloria v 1.2
    Ashu-Siralis' Mughal Unit (Last of the Great Horse Armies) mod

Please note that not all mods in each language are translated yet, but all entries in English are included and you can see at least an English unit name.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It's better to have at least an English name there, as there is just a blank unit name."

Information for modders:

The UPC project is fully free and you can use it for your own mod as a base. If you want to be included in this project, then please upload your exported TSV file with just your related entries here on the thread. I will include your entries as soon as possible into the next version.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/o2gtl894t4eih/UPC-EMP

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) English - German - French - Spanish - Italian updated 27.9.13

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello UPC-EMP users,

finally I'm back again and I updated the UPC-EMP.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier
    Good to see you back again - looking forward to using Preussens Gloria with Sponge Mod ABW! Just a quick question - has UPC added in a small mod called Total Cavalry 1.4 - it does some very nice reskins of all vanilla Cavalry, but is not compatible with Sponge (some models appear blacked out and some cavalry officers are a horrid mix of several skins!). If not, perhaps for another version. I assume the unpacking drill remains the same - simply unpack to data file.....

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 6.12.13

Mediaeval: This mod doesn't fix any incompatibilities of textures from mods. Yes just unpack the file to your ETW data folder and UPC-EMP loads automatically.

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released the new UPC-EMP today.

Updates:

- upcoming release of AUM-EMP 3.3 by Swiss Halberdier
    - fixed several entries

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Foederatus

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 6.12.13

Will this work with vanilla Empire TW?

Of course! It's not an ordinary mod, you must understand. If you've noticed, there are many unit packs (mods that include non-vanilla, player-made units in the game) that are available here. The problem with most unit packs is that their localisation, the files that contain unit names, descriptions, etc., will conflict with one another and cause the unit names and descriptions NOT to appear. This mod overcomes this problem by compiling most available unit packs' localisation into a single file, therefore allowing multiple unit packs to work together.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Foederatus

Great news, Is there a list anywhere of what units have been added?

Front page. Look for this line ,"The English UPC-EMP 6.6 file contains the descriptions and unit names of these mods:" and click the show button.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Hipertenso35's Avatar Foederatus

One question ... I've been trying to make changes and modding, but ... Failures only. Works with DME_POLAND2? Thank you.

it seems that the pack file is being put into the movies pack and wont work for me, when I open up mod manager and click on "show al packs" it shows the that that pack file is under movie packs, is this meant to happen cause my game just keeps crashing

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 13.2.15

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I updated my UPC-EMP.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- several minor fixes
    - Ottoman Realism Mod 1.3
    - Goutlard's "Ottoman Total Overhaul"
    - Carricanta's "Unit Mod"
    - upcoming release of AUM-EMP 3.4 by Swiss Halberdier

Download:
    UPC language files

I updated my UPC-NAP, UPC-SHO and UPC-ROM too.

TW:Attila is coming and I will provide you the UPC-ATT too.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - English - German - French - Spanish - Italian - updated 13.2.15

Great job on this Swiss Halberdier, but I was using the Denmark Army Mod 1.1 with this and noticed that a few units are missing descriptions and names, even though the UPC says that the names are included in here. Perhaps you could do a cursory check over and see if any have been missed? Much appreciated if you do!

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

A mod that deserves to be included is definetly this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...olish-Units-v2
    Last edited by Anakonda; May 16, 2015 at 03:12 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tan-and-Mughal

This mod also deserves to be in there, I think. I believe the Mughal bits might be already. The others, I am not sure.

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Great job on this Swiss Halberdier, but I was using the Denmark Army Mod 1.1 with this and noticed that a few units are missing descriptions and names, even though the UPC says that the names are included in here. Perhaps you could do a cursory check over and see if any have been missed? Much appreciated if you do!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tan-and-Mughal
    This mod also deserves to be in there, I think. I believe the Mughal bits might be already. The others, I am not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    A mod that deserves to be included is definetly this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...olish-Units-v2
    Thanks guys!

SilverKnight: Could you please give me the link to the Denmark mod?

I will include all three mods soon.

Thank you i am extremly grateful for taking the time

Is this a UPC or original mod typo issue?

Code:
    $ cat upc_6.7_localisation.loc.tsv | grep uunits
    "uunits_on_screen_name_mi_mahonesa"     "Mahonesa Frigate"      "False"
    Also I realize this is a pretty dead game, but you're missing four lines from APE:TI

Code:
    < "technologies_long_description_military_ordnance_horse_artillery"
    < "technologies_onscreen_name_military_ordnance_horse_artillery"
    < "technologies_short_description_military_ordnance_horse_artillery"
    < "unit_description_texts_description_text_sp_ed_deaths_head_hussar"
    Contents:
    Code:
    "technologies_long_description_military_ordnance_horse_artillery"       "The combination of cavalry speed and artillery firepower can turn the tide of any battle, if applied correctly. Horse artillery consists of the most mobile firepower on the field and can, for some nations, grant access to some of the largest, most mobile field guns recruitable; the 18lb Horse Guard Artillery!"       "False"
    "technologies_onscreen_name_military_ordnance_horse_artillery"  "Horse Artillery"       "False"
    "technologies_short_description_military_ordnance_horse_artillery"      "Through selective breeding techniques your nation has mastered the use of horse carried cannons, no longer worried about spooking the animals. Horse artillery does not slow down your infantry on the campain map, allowing your armies to move further than with standard types of artillery."      "False"
    "unit_description_texts_description_text_sp_ed_deaths_head_hussar"      "Elite Prussian cavalry, as skilled with a carbine as they are with a sabre."   "False"
    I tweaked it up as part of a compatch as part of a general stats fix since the APETI versions aren't released anymore. Yes, I'm feeling nostalgic.