Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 6.0 English - 2.4 German - 1.2 French - 1.0 Spanish - updated 23.10.10

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Swiss when can we expect the updated UPC with Italian States and Portugal mod additions?? thanks
    Hello ToonTotalWar, I'm in contact with both modders and I have some other minor fixes that will be included. I will release the UPC as soon as possible.

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 6.0 English - 2.4 German - 1.2 French - 1.0 Spanish - updated 23.10.10

Hi Swiss, here's the loc entries you need, sorry for the error
    Attachment 119266

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Hi Swiss, here's the loc entries you need, sorry for the error
    Hello Pom, thanks a lot for your entries and no problem.

Hello to all UPC users,

I'm working on the next UPC version which will be released this weekend.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Hello to all UPC users,

today I released the new UPC version.

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v2_5_german.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_3_french.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_1_spanish.7z

New in this release:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Darthmod 6.3 compatible
    - TAR 2.0 (upcoming)
    - AUM 3.2 (upcoming)
    - POM's "Italian States Mod"
    - Geronimo2006's "Portugese Units Pack 1.7.2" (missing units)
    - SonOfOdin/EB999's "Knights of Malta" (missing units)
    - several minor fixes in all four versions
    Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 6.1 English - 2.5 German - 1.3 French - 1.1 Spanish - updated 8.11.10

Thanks Swiss Halberdier
    In all deinen Schlachten zu kämpfen und zu siegen ist nicht die größte Leistung.
    Die größte Leistung besteht darin, den Widerstand des Feindes ohne einen Kampf zu brechen.
    (Sun Tsu)

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 6.1 English - 2.5 German - 1.3 French - 1.1 Spanish - updated 8.11.10

For some reason my prussian line infantry and british line infantry are both wearing white coats- much to my disgust. Is this intentional or is this mod incompatable with UPC, or unit texture packs ?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Hey Swiss, when will you be able to put in Minister Titles and a faction description for the KoSJ mod? Just PM the UPC loc me when you're done.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Disregard my last post, it was my fault.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Does anyone know what Portugal's startpos number is in the .loc file? That's where a description for Portugal could be added which I'd like to do.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Hey Swiss, when will you be able to put in Minister Titles and a faction description for the KoSJ mod? Just PM the UPC loc me when you're done.
    Hello EB999, yes they will be in the next version and I will contact you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Does anyone know what Portugal's startpos number is in the .loc file? That's where a description for Portugal could be added which I'd like to do.
    Hello Geronimo, please export the text entries of the UPC into a TSV file. Then search for this entry below to see which factions have descriptions:
    start_pos_factions_description_*

The * stays for the number which is connected to the startpos.esf file. There are many factions that don't have any description. I didn't found Portugal and therefore we must look into the startpos.esf file under the "factions section" to see which * is related to Portugal. Then you can deliver
    your new text to me and I can include it into the UPC.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello EB999, yes they will be in the next version and I will contact you.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to add you in the credits.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I have sent Swiss Halberdier this text entry for Portugal after finding the startpos number.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 29, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Hi Swiss, here's an update for my Italians, keep up the excellent work +Rep.
    Attachment 124748

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello,

@ SwissHallberdier: I used the UPC French 1.3 to play ETW with all Ornamentum units. It works great + it allowed me to correct some (terrible) vanilla text fails + to translate all Poltava's units that you forgot to translate + corrected some french spelling errors. I just used a PFM + notepad++ for the TSV.

Then, I've made a (IMO) better version of the french pack. You can download it using this link - and maybe propose it as the 1.4 french pack
    I'm pursuing the translation, since the unit description were not made (still english) - I began with the french ornamentum units.
    PS: IRL I'm a tech writer & translator so don't worry I know what I'm doing. Also, I'm french (of oriental descent but still... )

Note : I'm currently trying to add only AUM's ottoman units to my game, by creating my "ottoman" own pack. As It's from AUM I'm sure it will work with the UPC

Last : I made an article about Ornamentum on a french-speaking forum & of course gave you credit for the UPC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Hello,
    @ SwissHallberdier: I used the UPC French 1.3 to play ETW with all Ornamentum units. It works great + it allowed me to correct some (terrible) vanilla text fails + to translate all Poltava's units that you forgot to translate + corrected some french spelling errors. I just used a PFM + notepad++ for the TSV.

Then, I've made a (IMO) better version of the french pack. You can download it using this link - and maybe propose it as the 1.4 french pack
    I'm pursuing the translation, since the unit description were not made (still english) - I began with the french ornamentum units.
    PS: IRL I'm a tech writer & translator so don't worry I know what I'm doing. Also, I'm french (of oriental descent but still... )

Note : I'm currently trying to add only AUM's ottoman units to my game, by creating my "ottoman" own pack. As It's from AUM I'm sure it will work with the UPC

Last : I made an article about Ornamentum on a french-speaking forum & of course gave you credit for the UPC
    Hello Big Pacha, thanks a lot for your translation work and I appreciate that.

Yesterday evening I finished my new UPC. I will include your changes and additions into the next version. I downloaded your file and I will send you a pm that we can discuss it soon. I'm looking forward to work with you together to improve the quality of the French UPC.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Thanks, I'll be sure to add you in the credits.
    Hello EB999, unfortunately I had some issues with these entries and they'll be included into the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Hi Swiss, here's an update for my Italians, keep up the excellent work +Rep.
    Attachment 124748
    Hello Pom, thanks for your upload service here. Your new mods have been included.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I have sent Swiss Halberdier this text entry for Portugal after finding the startpos number.
    Hello Geronimo, thanks and I included your entry.

Hello to all UPC users,

today I released the new official UPC files.

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_2.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v2_6_german.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_4_french.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_2_spanish.7z

New in this release:

- Darthmod 6.7 (new garrison units)
    - Swiss Halberdier's AUM 3.2 (upcoming)
    - POM's "Spain Mod 1.1"
    - POM's "Italian States Mod" (updated)
    - Geronimo2006's "Portugese Startpos description entry"
    - several minor text and unit names fixes in all four versions

Cheers and a happy new year to all!
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 6.2 English - 2.6 German - 1.4 French - 1.2 Spanish - updated 31.12.10

hi swiss,i got DMUC 6.8 ,can i use this new version?and how to install it?thx

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 6.2 English - 2.6 German - 1.4 French - 1.2 Spanish - updated 31.12.10

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    hi swiss,i got DMUC 6.8 ,can i use this new version?and how to install it?thx
    Hello Fracchione, yes you can use the UPC for DM/DMUC 6.8 beta, because it contains all related entries. Just remove any older UPC versions.

The UPC doesn't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. The UPC is a movie-type file which loads automatically.

It is important that you use only one language file at the same time. You have to remove or disable all language packs which are released with other mods in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

You can find the other language files by searching for these examples below. They are mostly called like this:
    patch_***text.pack
    patch_***loc.pack
    movie_***text.pack
    movie_***loc.pack
    ***localisation***.pack

I use english language so I don't need to remove any file,right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    I use english language so I don't need to remove any file,right?
    Hello Fracchione, you can use the new English UPC version and replace the old installed UPC file from DMUC.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Swiss - are all the new TAR entries in this latest version? thanks

EDIT: Unit names are still missing for Maratha faction and Long Description for Guildford and Whiteplains customs maps are also missing. I have enclosed the UPC 6.1 we have been using for TAR mod, please view as there may be other names missing, thanks Toon
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; December 31, 2010 at 12:50 PM.