Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 5.9 English - 2.3 German - 1.1 French

I'm trying to download the UPC_English.zip but can't seem to connect to MediaFire at all with Microsoft Edge. If I try with Firefox, I connect, can get to download stage but then the download fails. Is it just really heavy traffic and I have to keep trying or is there another location to grab the file from? Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Empire (UPC-EMP) - updated 30.3.18

Hi, can you please add compability for this mod? https://www.moddb.com/mods/denmark-army-mod and also update compability for Spain mod, because there is newer version 1.6?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    But I couldn't download the files on your TWC site.
    If you mean these links then all of them are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agema Ippeon View Post
    Downloads:
    Vanilla version: https://mega.co.nz/#!zVwmxBrS!_FtAnh...YK3SMp6Va45M3w
    Darthmod version: https://mega.co.nz/#!OFwSyKIC!r3rR8x..._LnWvXwda6Ejec
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_empire_v6_6_english_iran_mod:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!rMJCEIxT!M4qGqt...xPS6LJ7YU8tLgE

However, if you still want to download the mod then the mega link here is working.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If you mean these links then all of them are dead.

However, if you still want to download the mod then the mega link here is working.
    I was referring to that link, which is the Darthmod version. Seeing as it adds a lot of polished units to a major faction (Persia) and make it a lot more fun to play, I thought it would be worth integrating it in UPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Guys i installed the English UPC-EMP and the Additional units mod but still in Sweden for example some units don't have an image in their description

Hi Swiss,
    One of the unit name from Unitbooster BarOtto mod is missing, if I'm not mistaken it called Heavy Mamluke Cavalry
    I use your latest UPC file and not use Unitbooster UPC file

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...oaded-here-too

Hello Swiss,

I'm close to releasing my mod Absolutum Dominium v6 soon. I've been using your UPC -English to make new units. Some users want to have Chinese language UPC (for unit names only), does your UPC support Mandarin-Chinese language texts ?

Hello Swiss again ~ I've finished my Absolutum Dominium mod on moddb.com, some users wanted it in non-english format. Can you help me update the UPC to include Absolutum Dominium please?

Many thanks in advance

Having DL the latest English UPC 7.1, first update since more than 5 years ago, it didn't work. The text short and long didn't separate into new paragraph due to missing \\n\\n.

I was also horrified about the amount of spelling mistakes, both vanilla and updates. Seriously no one bothered to use a spellchecker??

There were many descriptions written in non-English, it is an English pack, and thus translated them to English.

I have went through the file and cleaned and fixed it.

There were some spelling mistakes in the UI.loc and fixed that too. Therefore I have included both localisation.loc and UI.loc in this latest update, UPC_English 8.0

https://www.moddb.com/games/empire-t...mp-english-8-0

Hey, there are duplicate unit_class_onscreen entries for "Elite Infantry" and "Militia" in the 7.1 English pack (mediafire):

(what appears in-game)
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_militia Spearmen
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_elite Noble Infantry

(vanilla entries)
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_militia Militia
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_elite Elite Infantry

edit: actually there are several more:

unit_class_onscreen_infantry_melee Melee Infantry
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_melee Swordsmen

unit_class_onscreen_infantry_line Line Infantry
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_line Infantry

unit_class_onscreen_infantry_grenadiers Grenadiers
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_grenadiers Heavy Infantry

unit_class_onscreen_infantry_berserker Berserker Infantry
    unit_class_onscreen_infantry_berserker Archers

edit2:
    @coolgit
    Oh I see this is one the issues you fixed in the 8.0 version. Nice.
    Last edited by Sanatyr; March 10, 2021 at 05:47 AM.

The french colonial infantry unit has a Greek(?) name:

"units_on_screen_name_ornamentum_infantry_france_colonial" should be something like "Compagne franche de la Marine" not "Chorofilakes"

Fixed above.

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Kingartist 21,

You must install the UPC-EMP of the mod or it will not run. I have cut and pasted from page one of this thread under installation. Follow Swiss Halberdier’s instructions and enjoy his fantastic mod.
    4. Language information:

The UPC-EMP mod is mandatory that the unit names and descriptions show up in the game. Empire will crash if you don't use UPC-EMP together with AUM-EMP.

You can switch your language in the Steam options of Empire.

UPC-EMP thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

If you use Darthmod, then you should remove the files DMUC_*languages*.pack from the Empire data folder as my latest UPC-EMP is newer. The engine can only load one custom language file at once.

Recommendations:
    Create a backup of your save games before using AUM-EMP. If you install an unit pack and then play a campaign, the IDs of the custom units stay in the save game. If you remove later an unit pack in your ongoing campaign, then the save game can't be loaded correctly if there are recruited custom units in the armies from you or the AI.

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

If the custom battle screen crashes, then please remove all files in these two folders below:

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\army_setups

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\battle_preferences

Crash of the game:

If your game crashes you could re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:

> Open Steam > click on my games > right-click on Empire > left-click on properties > then look for the Local files tab and click on Verify the integrity of the game cache

There you can re-check the integrity of your Empire files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

I have Darthmod ETW Platinum 8.0.1. installed, in my data folder in Steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data, there is no "DMUC_*languages*.pack". There is a "local_en.pack" file, but when I open the "UPC_English 8.0.pack" file and comapare it to the "local_en.pack" file:

local_en.pack contents;
    advisor
    font
    text

UPC_English 8.0.pack contents;
    settings.rpfm_reserved
    text

I'm worried if I replace local_en.pack with UPC_English 8.0.pack it'll mess up my ongoing campaign because they don't have the same number or named sub folders.

I can't find the file you're telling me to replace with UPC_English 8.0.pack. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Edit: I'm also using the causa belli submod that uses a localisation file called "cb_localisation.pack". I notice in the post it says that only one localisation file can be loaded at one time. In the Causa Belli submod thread it is stated that AUM and Causa Belli are compatible - so why are my French "Compagne franche de la Marine" named as "Chorofilakes" ?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; May 21, 2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Do not replace local_en.pack. Just put the UPC_English 8.0.pack in your data folder, same folder as local_en.pack.

I have uploaded an update now version 8.1

Hello, i saw in 3.2 changelog that you added warpath skins and units to main campaign but it does not seems to work(note: i have the warpath dlc of course).

Quote Originally Posted by -Perceval- View Post
    Hello, i saw in 3.2 changelog that you added warpath skins and units to main campaign but it does not seems to work(note: i have the warpath dlc of course).
    whoops wrong topic i should post it on the other one...sorry

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789