Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Create a Mod

Default Re: How to Create a Mod

yeh, data.pack.but i even trued using patch7.pack. same thing happened. no changes. I'll try again.

I meant to say patch6. just tried again, no changes. I added to user scripts. So that's not missing. Set to mod on PFM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

You should edit the table from the last patch where the table appears.
    So it should be patch6.
    And you should create a new pack, not edit directly patch6.

Are you playing with another mod that could change the unit table?

What did you put in your pack? The full table, or a table with only the modified lines?

I was playing with darthmod, but I restored to vanilla. I put the full table in there. Just tried with only the modified unit, left in the table. I did create a new pack. No idea what to do.

Patrician Artifex

Can you upload your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Can you upload your mod?
    Just made this quick one, no changes were made to the unit in game. Same thing happens to rome 2 now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Patrician Artifex

Sorry I can't open it here, it says not a pack file. Which version of the editor did you use?

Sorry I can't open it here, it says not a pack file. Which version of the editor did you use?

using pfm 3.2.1 downloaded from sourceforge. That's what the NTW mod manager says to me.

I've done everything as you've instructed,the only difference is that i still use the original version of the game(not pirate copy,simply because i've turned off auto update feartures for my Steam) and pfm 3.2.1(according to your instruction you shoud have been using 1.5.9 of the pfm).i've set all units total cap to 0 and improving Prussian artillery but none of my changes appear in the game.

I'm having similar problems.
    I'm using both the latest version of the game and of Pack File Manager.
    so, i extract the the unit_stats_land_tables, unit_stats_naval_tables, and projectiles_tables.
    then, i create a new pack file, check that it's set as a mod.
    then i add the stat tables, and edit all lines out that i don't need. For example i delete all lines except the Prussian units.
    then i move the mod to the data folder in the Napoleon Total War directory.
    when i load the game without the user.script.txt, the game does not recognise the mod, and if i do, the game CTD's.

any help would be appreciated.

Did anyone ever solve this issue? I have spent literally hours trying to make my mod work and nothing is happening. I used PFM 3.2.1, I have the most up to date version of NTW. I have read literally every tutorial and I can't figure out what is wrong!!!!

My steps were:
    1) Open PFM 3.2.1
    2) Select File>My Mods>New
    3) Name it Laz_mod and save it to desktop
    4) Selected patch6 in the pop-up window, then db>unit_stats_land_tables>unit_stats_land (double-click)>OK (click)
    5) +Laz_mod>+db>+unit_stats_land_tables>+unit_stats_land
    6) edit columns (british foot and fencibles unit size --> 400)
    7) save
    8) rename unit_stats_land --> british_unit_stats_land
    9) save
    10) File>My Mods>Install Laz_mod (please note I have already tried a manual installation of the mod and user.script saved as ANSI too)
    11) Close PFM
    12) Run NTW as administrator
    13) Launch a British campaign

No freakin change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody please tell me where I have gone wrong? PLEASE :'(

Patrician Artifex

Did you test in battle? When you say no change, do you mean the starting units in the campaign, or new units you recruit?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Well the first thing is starting campaign unit sizes are set in the startpos not the DB. Check the unit size of the ones you can recruit not the ones you start with. If the recruit able ones aren't 400 men try these tests:

Test 1: Set the type as movie and try again
    Test 2 (if test 1 works): Set type back to mod and make sure your user.script is correct. It has to be unicode remember.

First, let me tell you my idea. I would like to do an 1814 campaign, basically a 'Napoleon at Bay' scenario and I would like to start at basic and then build from there. I don't want to change unit size or uniforms. The initial things I would like to do is to start this in January 1814 and place French and Allied armies in and around France.

I have PFM 1.5.9 and EditSF 1.1.1. I have the dates changed and I can get it to open in January 1814. But now I want to change the armies and their locations. How do I do that?

Thanks
    Fly

Patrician Artifex

With difficulty... You have to move your armies to where you want them, save the game, and then use the hybryd method (check for that in basic tutorials).

With difficulty... You have to move your armies to where you want them, save the game, and then use the hybryd method (check for that in basic tutorials).
    Thanks Steph, I appreciate your prompt answer!!

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Um I don't really get the instructions. And I feel like I messed something up real bad. For somereason all my pack files are all notepad!!!!!

Hello, i need some help here. My mod is crashing napoleon. I have done everything as the thread told, but my mod just crashes NTW... Could that be an error on a value i inputted on one table? Or is it other thing?

Patrician Artifex

Much too vague to answer. We need to know what you did exactly. Maybe post your mod

So i made this little mod. where i make all the line infantry and grenadiers able to skirmish and i tighten their formation so only the first rank will fire. i followed many tutorials and there is nothing wrong with anything but if i run the mod as a mod and put it in user script.txt nothing happens. When i make my mod a movie it instantly crashes. Im using patch 6 unit land tables and battle entities. i renamed them with an M infront and i deleted all the non line or grenadier units from the tabel. Please help i really want to try to get the first 2 rows to fire. and if you need my mod ill upload it if someone tells me how

Thanks in advance

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast