Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is timetable for next releases? DLCs

ket222's Avatar Semisalis
    Atlanta, GA (my thoughts are always in Europe)

Default what is timetable for next releases? DLCs

what do you think will be the timetable for how soon we will see new DLCs (I have the imperial edition--will there soon be a dlc which gives me a lot more units or new battles??)?

will there be another stand alone like napoleon coming such as American civil war and how soon?

also how long before they have another MAJOR release with a new game engine (such as a Rome game)? over two years or so? maybe it would have dx11 capability? (by the way does ntw use dx10?)
    "If God does not exist, everything is permitted."
    Dostoevsky

Default Re: what is timetable for next releases? DLCs

Who knows, maybe a month or 2.

The next TW game (fingers crossed for Caesar/Rome 2: Total War) will probably be released in 2 years. I seriously can't see them designing a new engine and fleshing out a brand new game in under a year's time.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Although at the NY event for Napoleon, didn't Kieran say they were changing how CA does things? Instead of a revolution/evolution cycle, Kieran said they were moving towards a "constant evolution" cycle, which makes me think they'll be keeping Warscape for a while.

Maybe it was in GED's NY report that I read this, I don't really remember which thread it was.

If they are keeping the same engine, we might see a new game almost as quickly as we saw Napoleon...
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

i wouldn't think a standalone like american civil war would take an entire year, prob less. but certainly doing rome tw would take a great deal more time even with this engine or am i wrong?
    Dostoevsky

no other comments?
    Dostoevsky

I really hope the next TW will be a melee game. BAIs just seem so much easier to design when the units can just charge. Rome 2 would be great, as nobody would mind hordes of barbarians charging.

World War I or II

I know WWII has been done so many times, but it either has the meta game or it has skirmishing and small, linear campaign missions but never both. (except for Risk, but that game is so outdated)
    "ETW 1.0 syndrome. Units clashing and then..... nothing .... hands up, swords n lances up... total freeze... they were lika small blind cangaroos in mother's sack - just rubbing each other"

-Niesmiertelnik

Total wars style of rts is not going to be very good at portraying that style of warfair(ww1 ww2) heck many complain the Ai cant handle napolonic tactics and you expect them to be able to throw in air craft etc and full trenchwar

Directx 10 is used for who asked that question i would think that something like civil war(american that is ) would come( if they intend to do it guess it depends how well this sells in america) as a expansion rather than a seperate standalone game heck many people complain the scope of NTW is 2 small and expect them to swallow a stand alone version of just north vs south might float in the usa but the rest of the world i think it would go not so well but as a expansion i think you would get some more takers in europe etc (mostly due to cost expansion cheaper than a standalone) but hey i would play it

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

why do people keep saying or hoping civil war will be next? a total war game with only two factions seems well.....boring?
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ACW: North, South, Independent American States (imagine the German states in NTW/ETW with some altered "annex" options), Mexico, Canada (under Great Britain), Native American tribes and some European powers (France, Britain and Spain - the South had a major interest in being accepted by these powers and gain their support against the North).

As for the OP's question: No idea, I am not psychic.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

still seems like there are only two true powers (union/confederacy) canada not being unified until 1867( i think) playing native americans at this time would be a novelty with the widespread use of rifles and skirmish tactics. perhaps they could flesh it out with some european powers showing up but to me that just seems silly.
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

I agree. I have seen loads of people complaining that N:TW doesn't have enough major factions, reducing that number to just 2 would be even worse. Plus, only American players would really have any interest in it, so I really don't see CA making a game which only appeals to a small part of their customer base.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Gotta love the Shogun 2!

If they make the American civil war, why not make the Franco-Prussian war too? It's almost at the same time and with the same tec

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by DunkFunk View Post
    why do people keep saying or hoping civil war will be next? a total war game with only two factions seems well.....boring?
    & why does it have to be the US civil war? For example, the Russian/Soviet civil war that started with the revolution in 1917 was much more epic; involved diverse battlefields (from Finland to Ukraine, to the Caucasus, to Central Asian steppes, to Far East...) and definitely more factions than in the case of the US civil war. Of course, some of us might not like this example for the final outcome it produced.

Anyway, I think, civil wars in general are not good material for a TW game, unless it's some stretched, multi-factional period like the one covered by Shogun.

As to my vote: I'd vote for another Rome-period game, maybe extending it back a bit to include Greek city state wars and maybe allowing folks to start the game in different periods (as it was in MTW1: early, middle, late, etc.). I'd love also ETW extended back to 1500 or so also with the possibility to start the campaign in different periods (1500, 1600, 1700 as one example).
    Last edited by Slaists; March 09, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd View Post
    I agree. I have seen loads of people complaining that N:TW doesn't have enough major factions, reducing that number to just 2 would be even worse. Plus, only American players would really have any interest in it, so I really don't see CA making a game which only appeals to a small part of their customer base.

Empire total war was the best selling total war game in America on release. It also has George Washington and the Americans in it, coincidence? The North American gaming market is the biggest of the 3 game markets (Japan, Europe, NA). So I wouldn't call the American customer base small, if anything it's a good half of their base.

I would love them to do a American Civil War title however I do feel it wouldn't make a good stand alone campaign. They should go the Kingdoms route and make something like America:Total War which would include 1812, Mexican-American war, and Civil War campaigns. The Civil war just seems like the natural progression to end Napoleonic warfare and start going into the Modern since the Civil war starts like Napoleonic warfare but ends in WW1 siege warfare. It would also give CA experience for how they will handle their WW1 title (I'm hoping it would be similar to Battlefront's Combat Missions only look amazing and planes/bombers would be powers you use on the field or strat map).
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Quote Originally Posted by theglenlivet12 View Post
    World War I or II

I know WWII has been done so many times, but it either has the meta game or it has skirmishing and small, linear campaign missions but never both. (except for Risk, but that game is so outdated)
    If you want a good RTS WW2 game, you need to check out the Close Combat series (recently resurrected). TW will never be able to match it without becoming a completely strange new game.

WWI = commercial suicide.

• Nielsen research reveals US ranks third behind Asia and EU in consumer spending on software; 31 percent of Europeans 16-49 in primary regions actively game.
    • Wii Fit and a few other exceptions not withstanding, game makers operating on a global scale typically tend to favor the North American and Japanese markets over European audiences when it comes to getting their product on retail shelves. It may come as no small surprise, then, that the latest study by industry trackers Nielsen Games reveals that Europe is second only to Asia in terms of consumer spending on gaming software.
      The report, which is available in summary through the Interactive Software Federation of Europe's Web site, indicates Europeans in the region's nine major markets spent €7.3 billion ($11.3 billion) on software in 2007, a 25 percent year-over-year increase. That's compared to Nielsen's estimates of €6.9 billion ($10.6 billion) in the US during the same period and €7.4 billion ($11.4 billion) in Asia in 2009

Sorry to burst the american buble there mate the figures show america actually rates 3rd in the gaming market. The figures are even more lopsided for games like the TW series which europe rates number 1 for such games( i dont come from any of these regionsLOL)

I can see an expansion with an american civil war but not one totally related to just american conflicts not at all a kingdoms style game with 1 conflict american and perhaps the russian one mentioned something along those lines you way over rate the americans in this field.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast