Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Default Re: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Sir, whatever you did, it is pure magic. The Battle AI is finally a challenge even on normal settings.

I have not experienced any "fail-charges" by cavalry yet, they flank quite nicely.

Amazing mod.

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Icon14 Re: Battle AI mod (Nap)

At first, I want to thank u for this great mod, but i have some question :

1)Look at the mini map in this pic > http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3997/67370683.png, u will notice that the enemy doesn't move forward straight, they always attack one of my flanks, so is that normal ? I mean did u mean to do that ? because I'm using fire by rank mod, and IDK if this affects it

2) can the "anti-suicide inoculated" be removed, as it doesn't seem realistic ?

I am still getting crazy cav charges. Guaranteed they will try and charge my light infantry (which i always deploy infront of my infantry) at he beginning of the battle and always get gunned down every time by cannon + musket fire.

It seems no one else is getting this.. I use no_dust mod from radious and no_spy_assasination mod. Neither should effect this AI mod.

Any ideas?

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Boba93,
    fire by rank mod - ok, IDK - what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba93 View Post
    2) can the "anti-suicide inoculated" be removed, as it doesn't seem realistic ?
    I do not think so

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Skouser View Post
    I am still getting crazy cav charges. Guaranteed they will try and charge my light infantry (which i always deploy infront of my infantry) at he beginning of the battle and always get gunned down every time by cannon + musket fire...
    Yes, this is there. I'm working on it.

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

IDk = I don't know. Sorry but I'm used to writing it like this
    I use radious fire by rank mod, but I don't know why they don't more in a straight line, is that normal ?
    they always attack only one side.
    And how can't the anti-suicide inoculated be removed ? What did u change in the data.pack file ?

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

IDk = I don't know. Sorry but I'm used to writing it like this
    I use radious fire by rank mod, but I don't know why they don't more in a straight line, is that normal ?
    And how can't the anti-suicide inoculated be removed ? What did u change in the data.pack file ?
    Why would you even want to remove the anti-suicide measures for generals?

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Why would you even want to remove the anti-suicide measures for generals?
    Because its not realistic at all, u can't kill the general with bullets, u must switch to melee then attack him.

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

IDk = I don't know Now I'll know
    Try to take more units on the battlefield
    ok, just delete table L_unit_stats_land from the mod

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

I don't get it, the change makes it so that you can't shoot at the general? Is that it?

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    I don't get it, the change makes it so that you can't shoot at the general? Is that it?
    No, no, general can be killed using a cannon, musket,bayonet, etc.
    Do the test and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Luntik View Post
    No, no, general can be killed using a cannon, musket,bayonet, etc.
    Do the test and see.
    Tested and confirmed, bloodily. A general was marching with a deployment of infantry toward my line, and the infantry broke off in different directions to chase my cavalry which was flanking and my line had nothing to fire at but the general, and he was riddled with bullets.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Because its not realistic at all, u can't kill the general with bullets, u must switch to melee then attack him.
    I killed several generals last night with gunfire.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

ok, this is why Luntik's mod works so well for me...THIS battle doesn't take place without your BAI changes. Not only did one French flank fix me, the other flank assaulted, turned my line, and right when I was pivoting 2 units in the center to help a flank, the heavy cav charged the gap. Meanwhile, his dragoons curled in behind early, HID in the trees (I actually lost track of them in battle, thinking I imagined the red blip on the radar map before it disappeared), and then they attacked in tandum with the frontal cav charge. Needless to say, as I was applying my "old" BAI counter tactics, the "new" BAI routed my army. Wellington dead. Army wiped out. End of AAR. LOL!! Awesome stuff Luntik.

Nanny

Last edited by Nanny de Bodemloze; March 15, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanny View Post
    ok, this is why Luntik's mod works so well for me...THIS battle doesn't take place without your BAI changes. Not only did one French flank fix me, the other flank assaulted, turned my line, and right when I was pivoting 2 units in the center to help a flank, the heavy cav charged the gap. Meanwhile, his dragoons curled in behind early, HID in the trees (I actually lost track of them in battle, thinking I imagined the red blip on the radar map before it disappeared), and then they attacked in tandum with the frontal cav charge. Needless to say, as I was applying my "old" BAI counter tactics, the "new" BAI routed my army. Wellington dead. Army wiped out. End of AAR. LOL!! Awesome stuff Luntik.

Nanny
    Hey Nanny. I would love to see Luntik's mod in action but it says your video is set to private.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

works now Dignan...thx for letting me know, I would have had no idea...anyways, this vid wasn't produced specifically to show this mod, but you can see the results. It was those dragoon who snuck in behind me that killed Wellington! lol What I couldn't get past was the timing and coordination of the assault...never seen the AI do that before.

cheers!
    Last edited by Nanny de Bodemloze; March 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Nanny, very good movie! +rep

jfpOne23's Avatar Libertus

Yeah the movie was very well done. Nice work. More!

Soveriegn's Avatar Miles

the only change I've seen is that A) there is a melee charge at my center, B) they broke through the center C) they did kill more troops, but only did so on vh difficulty, otherwise it just gets closer and closer to the auto resolve battle statistics with losing almost only 10 guys or so
    Fight for Old Glory!

the result is amazing.

i made a battle against the french, gave them 5 cavalry, 1 vieille garde 3 voltigeurs, 1 general and 10 line infantry...

they advanced on the battlefield, forming a single line, cavalries on flanks, general behind his line... when the general was in front of the army (because walking horse is faster than walking man) he stood there and wait the line passed him to move again. The army advanced, the line fired, then the 10 lines separated, 3 stayed in the center, 3 moved to my left, 3 to my right. cavalries flanked me, general was staying behind.
    3 line flanked me on my right, 3 others on my left...
    it was incredible, really, it was really hard for me to prevail, and it was really bloody...
    the only prob was light infantry, they did not kept distance while shooting, and they came too close