Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Default Re: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Love the Battle AI mode, the AI really is giving me some tough battles at a ration of 2:1.....what usually was a kill fest, now is more of couples dance, as they really react to my moves and changes and use different tactics to try flanking etc, even the General seems to have received some education on Battle Safety Hazards he stays behind his own lines, running around..providing support, not getting shot so easily.

Hope to see further improvements down the line, even for Navy, not just the land.

On my actual question, are thinking of combining this mod with Tyrants Mod, since both use partially some tables, I use the BAI above Tyrant, but his changes would maybe even add some improvements.

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Luntik's AI mod did the trick for me.

Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339667
    Also, no drop-in battles I believe unless you disable the mod, because it changes things like morale etc.

Hi Lutnik, great Mod.

Do you know how much of it is compatible with NTW Realism Mod?

Thanks

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Luntik's AI mod did the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullio View Post
    They sure do have a knack for figuring out where to put their artillery, too.
    yeah, i had AI horse artillery pouring shots into my line infantry flanks while they were engaging enemy line and my flank protective cavalry was being distracted by enemy dragoons charging them ,so i couldnt do nothing against the enemy arty!

Merged threads about this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    If you remove the mod, yes it should delete from the script folder
    Thanks for the response Toon, but sadly it happens even if the mod remains in the data folder. I have found other changes to the script file also revert back to the default when I start up a new game. The file is not on read only so it should save changes permanently.

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

People, please, write correct my nik name

Not Lutnik not Lishkin

Luntik - moon bee

Ok, on business,
    please, more feedback behavior of the cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Luntik View Post
    People, please, write correct my nik name

Not Lutnik not Lishkin

Luntik - moon bee

Ok, on business,
    please, more feedback behavior of the cavalry.
    In my games cavalry rarely charges successfully mostly riding along my lines and getting shot to pieces , maybe its the unit size problem I use 2X maybe AI gets confused on whom to attack or something.

Also a question , I do a bit of moding , is there a way to make AI infantry to form 4 ranks instead of 3 in battle? With large unit sizes AI gets confused with overlapping long lines.
    Last edited by A.Suvorov; March 11, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

A.Suvorov, thanks.
    Behavior depends on the type of cavalry (light, heavy)?

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by A.Suvorov View Post
    Also a question , I do a bit of moding , is there a way to make AI infantry to form 4 ranks instead of 3 in battle? With large unit sizes AI gets confused with overlapping long lines.
    Not know. I use vanilla sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Suvorov View Post

Yes this is possible. At least it was in Empire. I forget which db file has the settings. Look for a column that says "deployed ranks"

Hi Luntik, great Mod.

Thanks

I too experience the cavalry riding parallel with the lines, in front of them.
    And one time or two it's just been standing idle infront of my line, after cancelling
    a change because I go into square.

EDIT: Light Cavalry, if I'm not mistaken.

I've been using this with Napoleon: total combat (the vanilla fire version). For those who don't know, it has super-sized units (line inf = 400, cavalry = 150, 10 guns per artillery unit). This has been causing some problems with overlapping, followed by blundering in to my units... Which is to be expected, as the deployment zones aren't big enough for full stack armies. (I like the solution proposed by A. Suvorov, but the infantry would need to spread out one it started shooting, in order to maintain the same volume of fire as a fully stretched out human controlled unit.)

However, I am noticing better "high level" AI. If, for example, I have the larger army, the AI will completely shift almost all its units over and focus (often fairly successfully) on one flank, hence turning what would be a massacre in to a costly victory (for me).

Cavalry, for me, is tough to comment on. Because of my suicidal use of cavalry (quickest way to kill 10 gun artillery units...) it most often ends up being used to counter my cavalry, which I'm happy to say it does quite well. A couple weird things do occur though. At the beginning of the battle, there will typically be at least one unit that decides it was deployed on the opposite side from where it wants to be, and run headlong through its own infantry in order to get to the other side of its line (this isn't much of a problem, its just somewhat weird.) This behavior occurs regardless of type. Finally, I notice that it does charge isolated units quite regularly, which is good. However, it seems to pay no regard to which way the unit is facing or whether the unit is moving, which results in alot of charges being shot to pieces, which is not so good.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

OK, well, I just got my a$$ handed to me. I won the battle, but at a very very high cost. I ran a test, played a GB vs FR battle in my campaign. I had full stack, he had that plus reinforcements. Pre-mod, he did a frontal assault, some damage to me, but eventually caved under the artillery. After installing this mod, his cav and horse art did super flanking...I couldn't turn fast enough to keep up. He routed my artillery from behind, took advantage of my too-thin line, and it wasn't until I completely changed the line, pulling back and effectively going "Custer" in a semi-circle that I won the battle. BUT my losses doubled with this mod. Now that I know what the AI is capable of, I'll do better but no more easy wins I think. I'll do more testing to see if this is a trend or a blip, but this is looking really good so far.

+rep

Nanny

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Skouser View Post
    Hi Luntik, great Mod.

Thanks
    It's a simply.
    You should know that NTW Realism Mod already contains partially my mod with some modifications.
    NTW Realism Mod have tipe 'movie' means the highest priority and his tables will always be written on top of similar tables other mods.
    Therefore NTW Realism Mod complete not compatible with my mod (unfortunately)

In other words there is no sense to use them together, for as long as the NTW Realism Mod is of type "movie"
    edit: This applies to ner05.pack
    Last edited by Luntik; March 12, 2010 at 01:37 AM.

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Nanny and all, thanks for the feedback.
    Write more

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Wait..... this mod removes fire and advance? From my experience it doesn't........

Luntik: movie type is not all powerfull - for example i removed Fire and advance and stakes, but if there is another mod with those things in unit abilities file, and that file has different name, then those abilities are added together resulting in FAA and stakes appearing in game again...

btw, your idea with special battle entity for generals is brilliant! i'm thinking about creating more classes so i could have faction specific behavior for some important units - for example ranged light cavalry will try to stay at range, melee cavalry will try to charge - right now both share same values and they act as melee cavalry..

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Luntik: movie type is not all powerfull - for example i removed Fire and advance and stakes, but if there is another mod with those things in unit abilities file, and that file has different name, then those abilities are added together resulting in FAA and stakes appearing in game again...
    I can not agree, I say this based on their tests
    Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    btw, your idea with special battle entity for generals is brilliant! i'm thinking about creating more classes so i could have faction specific behavior for some important units - for example ranged light cavalry will try to stay at range, melee cavalry will try to charge - right now both share same values and they act as melee cavalry..
    In the right direction going Comrade (© Lenin)