Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Default Re: Battle AI mod (Nap)

battle entities, last column, general_horse have entry 50. reduce it to 2, they still will be resistant but will take casaulties if under massive fire...

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    battle entities, last column, general_horse have entry 50. reduce it to 2, they still will be resistant but will take casaulties if under massive fire...
    Ah!! thanks for that mate and +Rep

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

I've tested this mod with Total Combat, but still...without knowing exactly what to expect, it is very hard to know if the mod is functioning properly.

Can someone please tell me what the features of this mod actually are?

I've looked through the pack and see his changes, obviously, but I would like to know what these changes are actually meant to achieve. Seriously, why so little info?

"It's Just the Battle AI" What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Luntik View Post
    Its just the battle AI
    What does that even mean?

I'm not being rude, this seems to be a very good mod, but I really would like to know what, exactly, I am supposed to be looking for, otherwise it's even difficult to tell if changes Total Combat makes interfere with the AI's intended behavior.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 31, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    I've tested this mod with Total Combat, but still...without knowing exactly what to expect, it is very hard to know if the mod is functioning properly.

Can someone please tell me what the features of this mod actually are?

I've looked through the pack and see his changes, obviously, but I would like to know what these changes are actually meant to achieve. Seriously, why so little info?

"It's Just the Battle AI" What does that mean?

What does that even mean?

I'm not being rude, this seems to be a very good mod, but I really would like to know what, exactly, I am supposed to be looking for, otherwise it's even difficult to tell if changes Total Combat makes interfere with the AI's intended behavior.

It makes the AI units stay in a more cohesive advance formation adn they shuffle around less. It's sort of like the recent 1.6 BAI patch that CA just put out for ETW.

To test if its working go to a custom battle and click on one of your line infantry units. If you see the "fire and advance" button then it isn't not working. Repeat installation until you don't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Lutnik - Which entry changes the Generals from been invincible please?? as they never seem to die in game and looks a little odd as there are never any casualties
    Yeah, generals seem like a rock in this mod Calvary is also tougher than before

Quote Originally Posted by ktoon1988 View Post
    Yeah, generals seem like a rock in this mod Calvary is also tougher than before
    I have changed in my version so that they do get a kicking in game now!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I have changed in my version so that they do get a kicking in game now!
    I see it in your All-in-one-mod but I prefer to have a stand-alone BAI mod I would be great if you could make a single file for BAI

Quote Originally Posted by ktoon1988 View Post
    I see it in your All-in-one-mod but I prefer to have a stand-alone BAI mod I would be great if you could make a single file for BAI
    Sorry, that will not happen as I opt to use Lutnik's mod in my mod and i do not want lots of files in my data folder. you can however delete the mod from my mod using PFM and use whichever other BAI mod that is out there

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Ok so i just put this in my data and play do i need to adjust my scripts ??? and how would i do that thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Dignan♔ View Post
    It makes the AI units stay in a more cohesive advance formation adn they shuffle around less. It's sort of like the recent 1.6 BAI patch that CA just put out for ETW.

To test if its working go to a custom battle and click on one of your line infantry units. If you see the "fire and advance" button then it isn't not working. Repeat installation until you don't see that.
    Perhaps my changes interfere with this, in that case. Because I don't see less shuffling.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Done what was i thinking im cracking up .

Nice you see thing is i forget where i post so i come into the thread and say the same things over and over i relised when going through my threads .

You still around Luntik? Any more plans for this mod?

Alex-SPb's Avatar Laetus

Probably it works over improvement of the mods.Let's wait

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Is Luntik still working on that mod?

Alex-SPb's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Is Luntik still working on that mod?
    Yes it still works over it mod

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Is the current version on the OP the updated one with the Cav and Light Inf fixes or is Luntik still working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Is the current version on the OP the updated one with the Cav and Light Inf fixes or is Luntik still working on it?
    I really doubt it, I haven't seen Lutnik in this thread for a while.

The Line of Thor

Does this mod change any of the Ai's unit values? or is it purely meant to just effect their tactics.

I am quite sick of fighting enemy armies that just make one big line and sit there infront of my artillery. Usually after 90% of their army is wiped out they either withdraw to the edge of map and sit there Or finally decide to rush me. Pretty annoying really and a rather massive bug. About 1 in every 10 games the ai will actually form a line and attack.

So im looking to get rid of retarded ai however i don't like "unfair" advantages on unit stats. So im wondering , can changes to the ai alone really make such a big difference that people describe? or does this mod also increase the enemy ai's stats?

Quote Originally Posted by russelcoight View Post
    Does this mod change any of the Ai's unit values? or is it purely meant to just effect their tactics.

it doesn't increase there stats i believe, it alters how they fight.

Its only really when you increase battle difficulty setting that ai unit stats get big bonus's

Plus btw all the Hosted and most of the Compilation mods do similar things. Many use part of this fine fellas work.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; May 11, 2010 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    it doesn't increase there stats i believe, it alters how they fight.

Its only really when you increase battle difficulty setting that ai unit stats get big bonus's

Plus btw all the Hosted and most of the Compilation mods do similar things. Many use part of this fine fellas work.

Thank you , ill have to give it a try.