Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications

Ty it works

I make at present a campaign of 1811 and I use Bartmod (thanks Bart)

Map : http://img838.imageshack.us/i/napole...201040036.jpg/

I finished map and diplomaty but I need help for the starting units. I know how to move units with hybrid but not how to recruit news units for 1 faction (in 1 tour).

Help me HusserlTW

Tell me what you do not understand in hybrid tutorial about making starting armies. Or send me your files (startpos + pack if you use modded units) and I'll make it for you. Make a list with the units you like for every army and the settlements you want to be stationed. In the list you'll use the name of the units as you have them in units table (1st column).

EDIT: Link for new tutorial on how to relocate armies or an individual unit has been added (Level 3 - 6).

Excellent tutorials, I just tried startpos modding last night. I have already made a hybrid startpos. Works great!

Cheers, MB +rep
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Bump....this thread should be stickied
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Praepositus

I gave a faction all its regions to another in the Italian Campaign and made it emergent but its starting armies are still there

You had first to start and disband armies and any fleets, characters, before proceeding.

Praepositus

Alright, but how do I start the campaign as another faction?

If it is not playable make it playable. If it is Napoleon you have to make a playable non playable since there is a limit of 4 factions in selection menu. For that use the same tutorial but only the first step which you have to reverse.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 12, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Praepositus

Also, how do I edit, or better yet, remove missions?

Just incase you missed my thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389234

I found a scripting command to grant units to factions....

So if you ever wanted to make a new army without having to screw around with turns and the starpos.esf you now can with the grant_unit command.

This would allow you to make a hybrid startpos plus be able to add generals in the first turn as opposed to having to make an army first.

There are some other gems in the post as well.

Sorry if this question has been answered, but is there a list of the region IDs for all regions? It seems like that would make things far easier...

the problem is that every patch changes those ID numbers.

Same happens in every save and so in hybrid startpos.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

In theory can one script it that the player commands one common allied army of Russia, Austria, Prussia and Britain against France ? With or without their units recruitable, but at least to be able to command all that you start with being of different countries mixed ?

Cause I don't see how can one recreate a historical situation each country fighting on its own against Napoleon.

Also is the ammount and type of starting armies here in the starpos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    In theory can one script it that the player commands one common allied army of Russia, Austria, Prussia and Britain against France ? With or without their units recruitable, but at least to be able to command all that you start with being of different countries mixed ?
    No it cannot.

Also is the ammount and type of starting armies here in the starpos ?
    Yes it is. Look in How to relocate a whole army or a unit and you'll see where are relevant records.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    No it cannot.
    The Duke of Wellington goes to commit suicide ingame.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Didn't looked to much into scripting, but perhaps you can make a Mission "close military treaty with xyz" and if this mission is done, the scripts grants few units of this power.
    Perhaps you could make this mission also hidden, so that there is no order to do this until then.
    But no idea if the granted units have to be faction specific.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Hey, the how to relocate a whole army section doesn't work

Scythan's Avatar Libertus

Icon6 Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications

Here's a doozie for you folk;

I am using the Napoleon Total Factions mod to play as a multitude of nations (Sweden, Napoli etc.) and am getting just SO irritated of games ending in 1812. Let the British burn America, I'm not over there, I'm over here and the war of 1812 can become the war of date-after-I'm-good-and-done-with-Europe, for all I care!!

BUT

To change the <<<END>>> date of a campaign I believe I have to edit the Startpos file, NOT the save game (sadly) and of course NTF changes out the Startpos file then reloads it upon exit.

AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

My brain is leaking out of my ears just TRYING to comprehend this madness. So if I sit and breathe for a second I can only see two ways of fixing this and it's a good news or really bad news scenario: if I'm lucky, I'm just stupid and I <CAN> change the ending date from the save game, that's ESFeditor up and voila, done back to making a Napollian Empire (get it, get it? ha-ha).

The second, would be to morosely go through every single ESF file uploaded by the NSF mod and change factions one-by-one, file-by-file.

That would suck.

A lot.

So I need some help, with the NSF mod how do I want to change the ENDING date of a campaign?

P.S.
    I prefer to change the ending date as the UI is so integrated with the one-turn-is-two-weeks system (saying Early MONTH and Late MONTH) that I feel screwing with the Turns Per Year/Month can only end in tears.

Thanks for any advice offered!

P.P.S.
    Head-exploding emote needed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast