Thread: Working MNM with Steam?

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Working MNM with Steam?

Ok, I've posted this before, with no answer, but now I got more ahng of it and I know what the problem is. I can't find a solution though.

Once I install the mod, only one icon appears, which is the mod with the BI engine (or however it's called). I already have made work tons of mods with steam, just having to put a part of the target of the mods properties into a copy of the steam executable of RTW (in the target of the latter).

Although when I try to launch the mod, I get to the red screen (not the one with the loading bar) but then I get a CTD with a warning message that it doesn't support the horde feature.

So what I can get from this is that steam doesn't "read" that this runs with the BI engine, so it starts the mod with the RTW engine, leading it to not be able to use the horde feature. How can I solve this? It's already the second time I attempt to run this mod and I can't.

I've got RTW on the 1.5 patch, BI with the 1.6 and the RTR mod switch on 1.9 version (can't play it though due to many CTDs, seems that the pc is having trouble with it, it's really old)

thanks for the time spent on reading (and hopefully answering!)

Default Re: Working MNM with Steam?

i'm curious about this too. Tried installing with retail copy, BI, and patched but the installer could not find a RTRPE1.9. i don't know what to do. Does it have something to do with trying to run it on windows 7? anyway i also have steam RTW gold version so if all else fails with the retail copy, i have the steam version as a backup.

So I tried installing MNM with the steam R:TW Gold edition. RTRPE works fine, only MNM is not working. In both the retail copy with BI patched to 1.6, and the steam version when I try to install the installer says I don't have the right version of RTRPE 1.9. I'm totally stumped.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yes. That's because the installer script only looks for reatail version of RTW & BI. If you have both (retail and Steam) you can install to the retail version and manually copy the files to the Steam version.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

The thing is I tried loading it in retail copy but it says the same thing to me, that MNM can't find RTRPE1.9 when I know I've done everything right. I have a feeling it has something to do with my 64 bit system. I installed the retail copy in my x86 Program files folder, putting it in the regular program files will produce a notification that I don't have mss32.dll. I've tried and tried to no avail.