Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RTW CASUS BELLI GOLD 1.9.2 - Italian version - RELEASED

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RTW CASUS BELLI GOLD 1.8.5 - Italian version - RELEASED!!!

Some questions:

1) Will you consider to use another .exe like Alexander or at least BI? It will make the game more challenging.

2) Since the Hetairoi and the Catafracti (Seleucids) have the same stats approximately, shouldn't their recruitment costs be equal?

3) Started a Roman campaign, the advisor comes up, i press the "show me how" (green) button, right? I select "next turn", the advisor comes up again, i press the "show me how" button again and now at the buildings section i have 2 signs that write "riforma manipulari". Did sth not go well? I don't want to ruin the script.

4) If i start a campaign as Macedon, will i be able to recruit AOR units, for example, if i conquer Thracia, will i be able to recruit Thracian units?

5) Is there a problem when you exit the game?

Sorry for asking many questions, it is just that i had forgotten how awesome Casus Belli is and i want to start a campaign as soon as possible
    Last edited by Stath's; November 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

Iulianus Apostata's Avatar CRVORE CONTRA AVRVM

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Some questions:

1) Will you consider to use another .exe like Alexander or at least BI? It will make the game more challenging.

2) Since the Hetairoi and the Catafracti (Seleucids) have the same stats approximately, shouldn't their recruitment costs be equal?

3) Started a Roman campaign, the advisor comes up, i press the "show me how" (green) button, right? I select "next turn", the advisor comes up again, i press the "show me how" button again and now at the buildings section i have 2 signs that write "riforma manipulari". Did sth not go well? I don't want to ruin the script.

4) If i start a campaign as Macedon, will i be able to recruit AOR units, for example, if i conquer Thracia, will i be able to recruit Thracian units?

5) Is there a problem when you exit the game?

Sorry for asking many questions, it is just that i had forgotten how awesome Casus Belli is and i want to start a campaign as soon as possible

1) Rome Casus Belli Gold already uses all the engines: RTW .exe, Alexander.exe, and BI .exe

2) Hetairoi and Cataphracts have not the same stats: the Hetairoi are better (although they have an inferior armor) so they are more expensive.

3) The Advisor that shows the "Rome Casus Belli Gold Script" advise must come up only at the first turn: you can click on "Show me button", and then will find, in the buildings section, ONLY one building called "Riforma Manipolare".

4) Yes. Playing a campaign as Macedon, you can recruite thracian units in Thrace as AOR troops.

5) When you exit the game, you will find an error message: but is a very negligible bug.

For more informations, read the first page.

Don't worry. I hope you 'll enjoy Casus Belli very soon
    Last edited by Iulianus Apostata; November 20, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
    "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" - Horatius

EDIT: I'll try to figure out how to play with ALexander.exe, if i don't manage it, i 'll ask again

Thanks for the answers!

EDIT 2: I have Casus Belli installed at the same folder as Rome. I don't have a folder named Casus Belli. When i right-click the RCB file, i don't have the option to change the destination like you decribe in the first page and so, i can't play with Alexander.exe.

Should i reinstall outside of Rome directory? Is this possible?
    Last edited by Stath's; November 20, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

EDIT: I'll try to figure out how to play with ALexander.exe, if i don't manage it, i 'll ask again

Thanks for the answers!

EDIT 2: I have Casus Belli installed at the same folder as Rome. I don't have a folder named Casus Belli. When i right-click the RCB file, i don't have the option to change the destination like you decribe in the first page and so, i can't play with Alexander.exe.

Should i reinstall outside of Rome directory? Is this possible?

If you have Casus Belli installed on the same folder as Rome tw, you certainly have "rometw-alx.exe" and RCB.bat file in that folder. Right-click the RCB.bat file, than click on "modify" (the second option after "open"; maybe, in Windows with english language, is called "edit" ?) ......If you have Windows Vista ora Windows 7 or superior, before editing RCB.bat file, copy and paste it on the desktop, than right-click on it, than click on "modify / edit" ....than bring back it in your rome tw folder.

You don't need to install CB in a separate folder
    Last edited by Iulianus Apostata; November 21, 2013 at 04:06 AM.

Ok, thanks, it seems the "EDIT" got me confused, but now it's ok. I play with Alexander.exe and with 4-turn years script.

Around turn 5, the advisor comes up again without saying any message. Do i click again on her or do i ignore her? (I have clicked the show me how button at the start and the riformati manipulari has come up).

EDIT: Something more important. I am playing with the Seleucids, 10 turns now, all are well and very, very interesting. But i noticed that the melee attack values are very low and the missile attack too high. Anyway, I am playing at Very Hard campaign and Hard battles. But, playing Hard Battles that gives a bonus to attack to A.I. that maybe is too high (f.e. my Oplici have attack 2 or 3 and they can't beat archers in melee battle).

In conclusion, do you recommend playing Very Hard Campaign and Hard Battles or Normal Battles? Which difficulty do you choose?
    Last edited by Stath's; November 21, 2013 at 06:46 AM.

Around turn 5, the advisor comes up again without saying any message. Do i click again on her or do i ignore her? (I have clicked the show me how button at the start and the riformati manipulari has come up).
    In 585 AVC the advisor would come up, sayng "La Battaglia di Pidna"...It is only an advise about an event: a scripted battle. Ignore it. You must click on the "show me button" only at the first turn.

I think playng Hard or Very Hard (not Very Hard with Romans) campaign and Very Hard battles si very good.

Very Hard Battles? But playing at Hard battles, my melee infantry (oplici) could not beat archers. If i was playing at VH Battles, i would have no chance. My melee (oplici) would have 3 attack and the archers would have 1+7=8 attack, or sth like that. Too unrealistic and maybe unplayable.

EDIT: and why not VH campaign with Romans? They are the stronger faction, aren't they?
    Last edited by Stath's; November 21, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Very Hard Battles? But playing at Hard battles, my melee infantry (oplici) could not beat archers. If i was playing at VH Battles, i would have no chance. My melee (oplici) would have 3 attack and the archers would have 1+7=8 attack, or sth like that. Too unrealistic and maybe unplayable.

EDIT: and why not VH campaign with Romans? They are the stronger faction, aren't they?
    Ok that is better playing Hard battles. But historically, archers and slingers were strong.

In "Trophaeum 551 AVC" provincial campaign, playing as Romans VH is a little unplayable, because Roma has many enemies and fronts: a beta tester told me this.

I don't know, I am worried that if i am playing with Hard Battles, maybe later the battles will turn out to be very difficult.

and if i am playing on Medium, the battles could be very easy.

Has someone thought to make any changes on the current EDU? basicly changes regarding the attack values.

I am guessing Casus Belli has a big fan Italian base, at another site. Do you know if most of those fans play on Hard or Medium Battles?

I know i am a bit annoying, but i like Casus Belli very much and i don't want to start a campaign and after 50 turns to realise i made the wrong choices at the start.

I don't know, I am worried that if i am playing with Hard Battles, maybe later the battles will turn out to be very difficult.

and if i am playing on Medium, the battles could be very easy.

Has someone thought to make any changes on the current EDU? basicly changes regarding the attack values.

I am guessing Casus Belli has a big fan Italian base, at another site. Do you know if most of those fans play on Hard or Medium Battles?

I know i am a bit annoying, but i like Casus Belli very much and i don't want to start a campaign and after 50 turns to realise i made the wrong choices at the start.
    Italian fans often playing with CB on Hard or Very Hard battles. The current EDU has been changed with a lot of improvements by Costantinus: the file is already improved

Do you plan on continuing this mod? Is there any hope for an english version?

I'm working on 1.9.0 version. I don't speak english well..i hope someone of you will traslate the mod.

Well maybe once a final version is complete then an english version can be made

Quote Originally Posted by Iulianus Apostata View Post
    I'm working on 1.9.0 version. I don't speak english well..i hope someone of you will traslate the mod.
    Any chance in the 1.9.0 version the missile attack values are lowered down?

Any chance in the 1.9.0 version the missile attack values are lowered down?
    I asked to a another Casus Belli modder, about this question: he says that the ranged attack is mainly affected by armor and other factors, so is preferabile that it would be slightly higher than the melee attack.

I dont' think that the 1.9.0 will have lower ranged attacks
    Last edited by Iulianus Apostata; December 03, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

i would understand if the missile attack was slightly higher than the melee attack, but f.e. archers have 1 melee attack and 22 missile attack.

My main problem is this simple test i made. Cataphracts vs archers, 1 vs 1, custom battle, medium difficulty. The cataphracts, before they manage to charge the archers, were hit by 1 (only 1) volley of arrows and they lose 10 men (they were 100 i think).

I believe it is very bad (from the gameplay's aspect) that the cataphracts lose 10% of their units by only 1 volley of simple arrow from sipmle archers.

And the cataphracts are the most heavily armoured units. Think about the other lighter units, the very-high damage they will recieve.

And this was at Medium battles. If you play at Hard Battles...

This is just a fan's opinion. I have trust in you, since you are the modder (and the mod leader) that if you test the battles, you'll see that they are not balanced.

Thanks for your time

ok i will try to analyze the issue

Do you suggest me to reduce missile attack only for foot archers, or also for horse, elephant and chariot archers?
    Last edited by Iulianus Apostata; December 19, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Oh...I wish I knew Italian. Still I'm from Romania, so I can understand 60% of the meaning of words and sentences, but should you need help with the translation shoot me PM.

...aaaand I am an experienced English speaker.

ok. In the future, after the release of my 1.9.0 Patch for Rome Casus Belli Gold, i could contact you for the translation. Many Thanks.