Thread: Unit Name Mod

Default Unit Name Mod

I wonder if it is possible to have a mod which changes the default names for campaign units. After all, the french infantry regiments were not called "somethingith regiment of foot" but "somethingith regiment of the line". Further the British units were most often referred to by where they were from or what kind of unit they were (E.G 43rd Monmouthshire Light Infantry). The fact that each faction has its own list of ship names would imply that this is possible.

If anyone knows how to do this, I could help as I've practically memorized the british infantry line of the Napoleonic Wars.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Unit Name Mod

Underneath what your units role is there is bar... type in whatever name you want and youll get it.

I.e I have The Sardinian Royal Guard or something like that for my best troops.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Default Re: Unit Name Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Underneath what your units role is there is bar... type in whatever name you want and youll get it.

I.e I have The Sardinian Royal Guard or something like that for my best troops.
    Thanks, that is one of my favorite features of ETW and NTW. I probably do that too much as a matter of fact lol. I'm thinking more in terms of editting the default names for units in each faction to make them more distinct for each faction or, in many cases, each unit.