Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback & Discussion] Napoleon Empire Realism

Default Re: Napoleon Empire Realism Mod

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    AtheistDane: change "can skirmish" attribute from False to True
    Thanks JaM

Is this supposed to work with the campaign as well, because I got it to work in custom battles but when I start a coalition campaign as the Prussians, the grenadier still have 120 men and they all have FaA.

i have tested it with Napoleon Campaigns and changes were there... not sure if Coalition campaign loads a different files, but it shouldn't...

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

When we remove Ner01, should we also remove the 'User_script' in app data/roaming etc? Should there be something to replace it?

Right now NER is marked as a movie pack, so it doesn't need to be in user.script. It will be loaded mo matter what. but ofcourse it is not good to have older version in, as it might overwrite the new version...

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

Dos Questions

1. Do the new firing drills require everyone to line up a lá the nightmare-pathfinding of ETW? Or do they still fire when in position individually?

2. Will I need to start a new campaign?

1. no, they will fire at will.

2. no,it should work with existing campaign.

Laetus

Great work and thanks JaM!

I especially like the multiple ranks firing, it looks and sounds much better plus it seems to help the AI a bit as it would never reduce ranks to get more firepower from its infantry.

I'm glad grenadiers don't have grenades anymore, but can you improve their reload skill? All the grenadiers I've seen have a reload skill of 35 compared to about 50 for line, I think they should at least have the same skill as them. The only reason I can think of as to why they devs gave them a lower firing rate was because of their grenades.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cynrain View Post
    Great work and thanks JaM!

I especially like the multiple ranks firing, it looks and sounds much better plus it seems to help the AI a bit as it would never reduce ranks to get more firepower from its infantry.

I'm glad grenadiers don't have grenades anymore, but can you improve their reload skill? All the grenadiers I've seen have a reload skill of 35 compared to about 50 for line, I think they should at least have the same skill as them. The only reason I can think of as to why they devs gave them a lower firing rate was because of their grenades.

Cheers
    Yeah, but remember, they have the "scares enemies " trait now and better melee values (iirc). Let's pretend they are big, buff lads and not so nimble-fingered as the average lineman? Let them fire once or twice, then charge them into the enemy columnstyle.

i knew i forgot something... thanks

i will adjust that in 0.3 version, should be up during weekend.. i just lost my last reason why not play the game whole weekend... (girls girls girls...)

Laetus

Ok, I am know I am going to sound Stupid. But I just want to make sure I understand. All I have to do is download the file and put it in ther correct folder. No extracting?

Thanks.

yes, you will need to unrar that file into your data folder

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Daergar View Post
    Yeah, but remember, they have the "scares enemies " trait now and better melee values (iirc). Let's pretend they are big, buff lads and not so nimble-fingered as the average lineman? Let them fire once or twice, then charge them into the enemy columnstyle.
    Not so much a question for the player, but for the AI behaviour in our modding style.
    In conclusion, of course, Grenadiers must get an improved reload skill.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

yes, they will get a bonus, they should be at least one level above standard line infantry, Grenadiers were chosen from tallest experienced (rookies were not accepted, for example in French army soldier had to participate at least one full campaign to be promoted into grenadiers) men in Line Regiments. Similar with Chaseurs - here they recruited shorter experienced men that were very capable with muskets. For example Old Guard had battalion of Guard Grenadiers but also battalion of Voultigeurs. Those men were described as a scary men compared to ghosts from another world..., all of them were veterans of many campaigns...
    Last edited by JaM; March 05, 2010 at 03:21 PM.

I'm a total newbie to the TW games so please excuse this dumb question. To use this mod I should 'unrar' the .2 file into the data folder and should I still use the unit size mod in the script file?

Thanks!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by davidfagnand View Post
    I'm a total newbie to the TW games so please excuse this dumb question. To use this mod I should 'unrar' the .2 file into the data folder and should I still use the unit size mod in the script file?

Thanks!
    Both are correct. The ladder only if you wanna increase unit numbers in general.
    However, i'm sure JaM will soon mod different unit numbers per unit class, then the unit-number script-change is obsolete.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

yup, but not sure if increasing number of men in land_unit_tables is such a good idea - if I do that, then starting campaign Armies will be understrength.. only new recruted unit will have more men,which is kinda problematic especially in Egypt or Itally campaigns...

for some odd reason, not sure if it was JUST the high gunfire rate, or the pathfinding or whatever... but

i found a considerable amount of framerate drop with this mod...
    ...which is even more odd, because when using the "Tyrant" mod similar to this (which also has lot's of new gunfire going off), it really doesn't affect my framerate at all.

??

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Good work! Do we have to use both versions or does version 2 incorporate version 1?

my mod doesnt change anything in graphic area, it just chages the way units fire... because it is fire by will, it generates more particles than mass fire when whole unit fires at once. at least i think that could be the answer...

♔Pdguru♔: yes, version 2 incorporates version 1. i kept the file just for sure...