Page 10 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback & Discussion] Napoleon Empire Realism

Default Re: Napoleon Empire Realism Mod

Hi guys, thanks a lot for feedback, it really helps me to improve the mod fast

MrT: Naval crew could and will be changed, you are absolutely correct they are too low right now - there is a game rule where every gun must have 2 gunners to be operational, so 122 gun ship require 244 gunners. then you need sailors - their number control the speed how fast you can add/reduce sails and marines for boarding actions. so as you can see, we could increase number of sailors and marines. (more gunners is also possible, they will automatically man the gun if original crew is killed )

NER is game compatible, all you need to do is just swap the packs - it is very important you delete/remove older version from data folder. if you dont do that, both pack will be loaded, which will result in overwriting some of changes (like for example if you still have stakes...)

mopere,felhound: Fire by rank is the same looking drill like it was in ETW, so yes, they will fire at once like machines. i would say it is not needed, but there is a research in game available, so if I remove fire and advance, that research will become pointless. As i mentioned earlier, fire and advance makes unit spread, so it can overlap your other units, AI likes to use it if it has the possibility resulting in more chaotic look on the battlefield... so we have two options, remove drill for good, or swap it for Fire by Rank, but then research tree will need to be changed as well (which will be done anyway, having posibility to build steamships during Napoleonic Era is little bit crazy...)

aus-roten, Cartas: if you have v0.3,then French Chaseurs should have 160men (multiplier 1x), fr example British Light Infantry will have just 120 men. (same for others) Specialized skirmishers have 80 men with exception for Voultigeurs who have 120 men (but they don't have rifles...)

and regarding the camera shakedowns, yep, looks weird, i just found out how it can be removed, so i will add it to next version

here is how it can be removed(posted by sulan666:

Find your user.script.txt, which can be normally found in a path similar to this: *user*\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts\user.script.txt

Enter the following line: battle_camera_shake_enabled false;

This should disable the camera shake all together. Mod wise, you can find the camera shake settings in battle_cameras.txt located in the data.pack and have a play.

From CA official forum
    MCM: thanks
    Last edited by JaM; March 08, 2010 at 02:20 AM.

Hi all .. thanks a lot to you JAM I love your mod (the way and his spirit).

I have some questions and propositions :

1/ I have a strange problem since NER3 (but I don't know if there is a link) : when I see my infantry unit walking they seems sometimes make a little jump and my game is less "fluid".
    2/ just a remark for all ... in French we say "chasseurs" and not "chassuers" ...
    3/ I thinks remove or less less tracer is a good thinks and camera shake is a real problem (I thinks we can have three options : have it, less, none)
    4/ I have a dream, but I thinking is impossible to add in a mod (because it's hard coded) : As an ally you can add some of your units in an ally army (on the campaign map, under the command of your ally general). So when a battle begin you can command your own troop. Or “link” two army so when your ally move your unit move with him (your army follow your ally and you can’t decide where you go because you put your army under the command of your ally general). This can get you a bonus in your diplomatic relationship with your ally.
    5/ I have some strange white sprites sometimes.
    6/ It will be nice if an unit can surrender (and make prisoners like in MED2). It will be a problem for both because in this case the winner must affect an unit to guard the surrenders units in a part of battle map … (a good animation can be realise).

Here is the morning and I think I always in my dreams lol

Great mod , had to edit it a little bit and added mass fire to grenadiers for more shock effect otherwise sweet.

A.Suvorov: Mass fire also adds spreading and is less responsive, with mass volley your unit dont need to wait till every man reloads its weapon. plus if you want to make mass volley, just disable fire at will, move to required distance, and then order your unit to fire - they will fire one massive volley. after taht you can charge, or continue firing...

hi Jam, great Mod!! Absoloutely loving the long fire fights. A few points tho:

1. Please keep the camera shake in. I feel it really adds to the immersion of the game when some cannon balls fly past! If you have to remove it would it perhaps be possible to have it as a separate file so we can choose to d/l it or not? Thanks

2. Have unit speeds been reduced? If so perhaps they are still moving a little too fast.

3. Could you please give a little detail on the experience table changes.

4. Could you just remove FBR and FAA? FAA is useless and mucks up the AI and FBR is mechanical and has to wait for the whole unit to form. This means thats firstly it doesn't have the realistic look and secondly it penalises the AI as they reform their units quite often. I have been playing your mod with FAA removed and it has been amazing (from Radious) and also tried it with FBR (again Radious) and it is definitely NOT as enjoyable.

Thanks

Thanks
    Last edited by Skouser; March 08, 2010 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skouser View Post
    hi Jam, great Mod!! Absoloutely loving the long fire fights. A few points tho:

1. Please keep the camera shake in. I feel it really adds to the immersion of the game when some cannon balls fly past! If you have to remove it would it perhaps be possible to have it as a separate file so we can choose to d/l it or not? Thanks

2. Have unit speeds been reduced? If so perhaps they are still moving a little too fast.

3. Could you please give a little detail on the experience table changes.

4. Could you just remove FBR and FAA? FAA is useless and mucks up the AI and FBR is mechanical and has to wait for the whole unit to form. This means thats firstly it doesn't have the realistic look and secondly it penalises the AI as they reform their units quite often. I have been playing your mod with FAA removed and it has been amazing (from Radious) and also tried it with FBR (again Radious) and it is definitely NOT as enjoyable.

Thanks

Thanks

There's no FBR in this mod

Skouser:

- Camera shakeins will be optional, if you want them, you will keep them
    - Unit speed was not reduced, only fatigue levels so far. For 0.4 I also plan to modify unit battlefield movement
    - Regarding Experience tables changes - i still try to find best compromise - musket accuracy had its limits, therefore even experienced soldiers were not able shoot better than weapon limit. of course slight improvements were possible. Main attribute for experience is reloading - good shooters were very fast in this, elite French Light infantry soldiers were expected to be able fire 5 rounds per minute as a norm! French preferred fast fire for their skirmishers too, so they never really used rifles. It might sound like a mistake, but if you look at battlefield conditions of that Era, it makes perfect sense - muskets produces a lot of smoke, seeing your enemy at greater distances was quite a problem, after first few salvos, nobody saw anything - in such conditions you don't need a rifle with long range - on a contrary - you need fast firing weapon, so you can react quickly...

- regarding FAA it will go away in next release, i'm just not sure what i will do with that research... maybe i just add some exp or other bonus so it will be worth researching...
    Last edited by JaM; March 08, 2010 at 01:07 PM.

JaM have u checked this thread?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...92#post6914192

"Yes in the KV morale rules there is a new bonus for 'being in Column', ume_encouraged_column_formation"

A possible charge bonus per column formation could be in... It sounds interesting

this adds morale bonus for being in column

ume_encouraged_column_formation

I also use ur mod with Radious's no FAA mod and am having a blast with it. I don't think FBR should be added either in ur next version tho but that's just me. I like ur 2 rank firing drill as is and I feel its the best firing drill of this time. Ive tried some of the other mods with FBR and mass fire and the like and also didn't enjoy it as much compared to ur firing drill. If you decide to add in FBR tho could you maybe have it in a separate file so we can choose to have it or not? Everything else in ur mod is fantastic and i do love the longer battles. Oh and i agree with another poster who said maybe add a little more lethality at close range...not too much, just a tee bit or not Rep to you and ur amazing mod!! There's no way I could ever go back to vanilla without ur mod!
    "Fear is the mind killer" Children of Dune
    Always hope for the best and expect the worst...

Yes but are we really sure it works? (my faith in CA "crashed a little" recently)

T-Duke: and here i'm not sure... who knows to what it really apply - morale bonus for being in deeper formation, or have two lines grouped and used column formation for them...(but then its not really a column until you group at least 4-5 line units...)

monte0525: i probably just remove FAA altogether and give player some other bonus for that research... (exp or something like that)

Just an update, but I too have stakes still in the game. Keep up the great work!!!

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by monte0525 View Post
    Oh and i agree with another poster who said maybe add a little more lethality at close range...
    i think this would be a improvement as well

felhound: try removing any other mod if you will have them. You are probably using a mod that is modifying unit ability, so that file overwrites mine

plans for next versions (not necessarilly 0.4, depends on how much time it will take):

- tracer removal (thanks flagcarrier!)
    - BAI tweaks, less "suicidal tendency" Generals
    - turning rates for ships, more crew
    - battlefield movement reduction, class dependable
    - militia units will get tight formation as well, (to reduce possibility of rear ranks firing), but with "mob" formation. (so they will not stand in perfect lines)
    - unit stats re-do - faction, unit type, training specific bonuses/penalties ( like for example better accuracy and reload speed for British as they preferred life fire training , where other nations line infantry fired just 2-3 rounds per year... British norm was 20-30 rounds - still not that much but still better than just 2...)
    - armor values update - right now for example all curroasiers have the same armor value for plate armor - thing is, only French Curoassiers used full Cuirass with front and rear plate - Austrians had only front plate, because their armor was too heavy for them so they didn't want to be overloaded, but that made them much more vulnerable to sabre cuts.And some countries didnt even used armor for their Curroasiers at all...

and probably more, i just can't remember right now....
    Last edited by JaM; March 08, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Semisalis

Quick question: Will the starting ships also have a larger crew then and will it be save game compatible?

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

JaM, could you possibly replace FAA with a Tech that gives a small bonus to Column formations. I like you don't know what the game definition for a Column is but the game does default to to a deep formation for National Guard and Revolutionary Fusiliers sometimes with about 10 ranks so I bet it is something like that. I would prefer a Column to be a single unit composed of 6 ranks to represent a Column. Can you also remove the Spy ability to assassinate Generals? This is silly and has no place in a realism mod. I am using AK47's mod to remove that and I think this mod would benefit from it. I would also recommend adding General Graham's Drum Roll mod. It sounds so much better than the radom clatter of vanilla. Keep up the great work!

National Guard and Revolutionary Fusiliers default formation is 8 ranks deep in vanilla, that is why it always place them into column...

MrT: you are right... number of men for predeployed ships will stay the same... that can be only changed through startpos files...