Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125150165166167168169170171172173174175
Results 3,481 to 3,498 of 3498

Thread: [Feedback & Discussion] Napoleon Empire Realism

Default Re: [Feedback & Discussion] Napoleon Empire Realism

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    not sure what point you want to make, but AI is hardcoded.. it cannot be changed. So If you wanna complain about it, i'd suggest you visit official Creative Assembly forum and try there...
    The AI assaults my city with a superior force in a siege and i take up defensive positions, the AI doesnt move forward for 40 minutes and then attacks with 10 minutes left for whatever reason, in the end time runs out and i win when i should have lost.

Hardcoded or not, its harder to lose a battle than rout the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danius View Post
    The AI assaults my city with a superior force in a siege and i take up defensive positions, the AI doesnt move forward for 40 minutes and then attacks with 10 minutes left for whatever reason, in the end time runs out and i win when i should have lost.

Hardcoded or not, its harder to lose a battle than rout the enemy.

Passive AI in sieges is well known NTW bug that was never fixed by CA.. nothing can be done about it...

Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    I played the Grand Campaign as France and I noticed that setting tax to low is economically more beneficial than setting it to normal in addition to public order bonuses. I think the town watch cost might need some adjustment? I was playing 5.1 a few days ago.
    Just started a game with 5.2 and this problem still seems to persist.

Or does anyone know how I can fix the town watch cost myself? It's rather annoying actually...

Hi Jam. I don't know if you plan on updating the mod again, but if you do, I just want to correct some info I gave you concerning the unit limits for Prussia. Historically, there are unit limits for the army up to 1806, and the army thereafter. Considering that the unit uniforms and units available are from the army post 1806, as well as the fact that the player will spend most of his/her game post 1806, it doesn't make sense to use the 1806 roster (which is the point I made previously - I just used the wrong limits). So I will present the following unit limits for the post 1806 army. I will be using napolun.com as my resource for the unit limits, and what else I know from other sources (I can try to list them if you want).

Cavalry:
    Cuirassiers: 5 (note that these did not actually wear the cuirassier, and should be faster than the cuirassiers of other armies)
    Dragoons: 9
    Hussars: 13
    Uhlans/Lancers: 9

Note that the Prussian infantry regiments were usually bigger than the French (though French regiments did vary in size), as well as were usually better manned - if you look at the average size for a battalion.

Infantry:
    Foot Guard: 2
    Grenadiers: 2 (Note that these were more akin to grenadier guards than just grenadiers)
    Musketeers: 32
    Fusiliers (In line formation - 200): 12
    Fusiliers (In skirmish formation - 100): 12
    Jaegers: 3
    Silesian Schuetzen: 3 (Note, there was only 1 Silesian Schuetzen batallion, but there were 2 other Schuetzen batallions - one of which being the Guard Schuetzen Batallion)

Landwehr Forces:
    Landwehr Cavalry (Not present in game as a unit, but you might want to include them by increasing the number of lancers to account for them): 24
    Landwehr Infantry: 57
    Last edited by Prussian Patrician; June 23, 2019 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for feedback, yes, there will be updated version at some point this year definitely. Feel free to post ideas here, i will review them and try to implement if possible.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Does this mod remove a-historical units like the steam ships and experimental howitzer?

yes, these are gone.

Thanks for feedback, yes, there will be updated version at some point this year definitely. Feel free to post ideas here, i will review them and try to implement if possible.
    Personally, I believe your mod is nearly perfect. I would like to see an AOR or expanded unit rosters alongside new unit textures to spice things up visually. Perhaps adding Bran's mod could prove beneficial as well.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

JaM's mods have always been excellent and I'm glad he's still around!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Oberst View Post
    Or does anyone know how I can fix the town watch cost myself? It's rather annoying actually...

The town watch cost also exists on NTW vanilla, I tried re-installing and it appears there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Oberst View Post
    Okay I think I found the issue. Opening NER_Main.pack under db -> campaign_variables_tables -> campaign_variables -> policing_automated_cost_per_pop = 0.025

If you decrease this value to e.g. 0.005 the town watch cost also decreases and is less dramatic. It doesn't up your economy as much as it did by changing tax rate

I am trying with value 0.003 now and will evaluate if it is decent/stable enough for a hard campaign.

Small announcement. I'm slowly working on new updated for Napoleon and Empire Realism mods. I'm not sure about release dates, but so far i'm focusing on some gameplay improvements to core mod mechanics.

Some of the planned changes:

- Reworked cohesion system. Cohesion will be now based on unit movement around battlefield. Walking unit will try to preserve unit cohesion, while running, or charging/melee combat will cause disorder spike up. Unit experience chevrons will now influence how resistant unit is to disorder, each chevron will provide -1 debuff (so elite units with 9xp chevrons will be quite effective at keeping good order even during harsh conditions). Morale penalties from cohesion drop will be also slightly reduced, yet will still play important role, so keeping good order will be important

- Unit adjustments. Infantry regiments will be now 240men strong (previously 200), while Skirmishers and Cavalry will be 60men strong. Unit spacing and formations will be also adjusted for volley fire drill (single rank), so with 240men, there will be 80 infantrymen firing vs 60 for skirmisher unit, which doesn't use single rank fire. Musket rate of fire will be optimized for practical rate of fire, which was 2 rounds per minute during Napoleonic times, with Elite units being capable firing faster. Heavy Cavalry will keep using 2 rank formation with tighter spacing, while light cavalry will instead use 4 rank formation with loose spacing.

I will update you with other planned changes, of course i will also adjust the town watch costs
    Last edited by JaM; July 06, 2022 at 08:14 AM.

Small announcement. I'm slowly working on new updated for Napoleon and Empire Realism mods. I'm not sure about release dates, but so far i'm focusing on some gameplay improvements to core mod mechanics.

Some of the planned changes:

- Reworked cohesion system. Cohesion will be now based on unit movement around battlefield. Walking unit will try to preserve unit cohesion, while running, or charging/melee combat will cause disorder spike up. Unit experience chevrons will now influence how resistant unit is to disorder, each chevron will provide -1 debuff (so elite units with 9xp chevrons will be quite effective at keeping good order even during harsh conditions). Morale penalties from cohesion drop will be also slightly reduced, yet will still play important role, so keeping good order will be important

- Unit adjustments. Infantry regiments will be now 240men strong (previously 200), while Skirmishers and Cavalry will be 60men strong. Unit spacing and formations will be also adjusted for volley fire drill (single rank), so with 240men, there will be 80 infantrymen firing vs 60 for skirmisher unit, which doesn't use single rank fire. Musket rate of fire will be optimized for practical rate of fire, which was 2 rounds per minute during Napoleonic times, with Elite units being capable firing faster. Heavy Cavalry will keep using 2 rank formation with tighter spacing, while light cavalry will instead use 4 rank formation with loose spacing.

I will update you with other planned changes, of course i will also adjust the town watch costs
    Sounds very promising JaM! Please hit me up if you need help with modding as I mod some myself. Would love to contribute and keep the mod alive.

btw, i have a discord for all my mods, you can reach me there as well:

https://discord.gg/k6KuMde8

Civis

Jam, how will the AI work in v7? Will it deploy in column, and into line when needed? Will it take into consideration that fatigue is permanent, or will it have some buff/fatigue disabled altogether? It looks really, really promising, and would make your mod possibly the most unique TW experience out there.

Also, if you could post a permanent discord link, I know I and any future visitor would be grateful.

AI will keep 3 line column formation. Its not possible to make AI change formation except for some scripted situations.. anyway, staying in column is not a disadvantage - Unit stays unaffected by fatigue a lot longer, because only 1/3 of the unit is engaged in combat. Spreading into single line is really only situationally beneficial - unit in single line takes a lot longer to engage enemy after move, where 3 line column doesnt have this issue (lateral movement is faster for shorter formation)

THis new formation also has one nice benefit - with units now shorter, i can increase number of men per unit.. so NER7.0 will have 300 men Infantry units.

Here is the link for discord: https://discord.gg/fNQXtnJ9hH
    Last edited by JaM; February 06, 2024 at 12:42 PM.

Civis

AI will keep 3 line column formation. Its not possible to make AI change formation except for some scripted situations.. anyway, staying in column is not a disadvantage - Unit stays unaffected by fatigue a lot longer, because only 1/3 of the unit is engaged in combat. Spreading into single line is really only situationally beneficial - unit in single line takes a lot longer to engage enemy after move, where 3 line column doesnt have this issue (lateral movement is faster for shorter formation)

THis new formation also has one nice benefit - with units now shorter, i can increase number of men per unit.. so NER7.0 will have 300 men Infantry units.

Here is the link for discord: https://discord.gg/fNQXtnJ9hH
    Very interesting! I look forward to more teasers, especially how the AI will handle these new features. Best of luck!