Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Radious Limit and Upkeep mod (17.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_LimitV3)

Default Re: Radious Limit and Upkeep mod (New seperate versions added)

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Why on earth would you want that?
    ive been playing since shogun and ive done this in every game possible, basically this dramatically improves the gameplay on the harder campaign settings, after the first 10 turns

as we all know, this game consists of beating down stacks repetitively...so by increasing upkeep we get fewer stacks but the stacks are more important. this DOES NOT MEAN less men...my line infantry is 600 men...i fight battles against 20,000 men!

instead of having 2 or 3 stacks to conquer a big country, and beating down the same stacks over and over again, i can use a real main army fighting the enemy's real main army, and the battles are decisive and important, like in real life

unit management is important...units are fewer and more valuable, you get some more role playing elements, ie, it sucks when your star grenadier regiment gets pummelled.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Please posts here your requests and maybe i will look into it again. I already created some versions, but i may to do more

Senator

It works with other mods? Damn guys you are all so good!
    You all like read my mind.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

I would be really satisfied if you make a mod without the upkeep changes Sir. : )
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Ciisar View Post
    It works with other mods? Damn guys you are all so good!
    You all like read my mind.
    All my mods are compatible together - Sound, Buldings, Fire by Rank and Limit + Upkeep. It should work with most other mods here too, problems can appear only if both mods changing same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    I would be really satisfied if you make a mod without the upkeep changes Sir. : )
    So Sir check first post, updated it and created new version, where Upkeep should stay almost same as vanilla (almost, because i had to rewrite everything again so maybe its not 100% same upkeep, but should not be bigger difference then 5% max).

Enjoy

Senator

Default Re: Radious Limit and Upkeep mod (New version with No Upkeep change added))

Okay, so i can put fire by rank modification and your modification together in to data folder and they work fine?

Default Re: Radious Limit and Upkeep mod (New version with No Upkeep change added))

Yes, i am using all my mods at the same time and no single crash or problem.

I updated first post with info about all my mods created until today. It should answer some of your questions about stability or possible conflicts. I am currently working on Experience mod, which will be released soon.

Battlerager's Avatar Civis

Which one of the files is for the following:

3. No limit for Elite units + No region restrictions (no Upkeep changes)
    I was assuming it is Radious_Elite_UpkeepV2.pack ...but I've been wrong before.

And I did focus on reading the first post, specifically:

1. No Limit for Elite units + Reduced Upkeep (no region restriction removal)
    2. Reduced Upkeep only (no region restriction removal and no Elite units limit removal)
    3. No limit for Elite units + No region restrictions (no Upkeep changes)
    But I wanted to confirm which file was which, since the names are somewhat confusing...but you can just call me mud if I'm being a silly-nanny.
    Last edited by Battlerager; March 04, 2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHamster View Post
    Which one of the files is for the following:

I was assuming it is Radious_Elite_UpkeepV2.pack ...but I've been wrong before.

And I did focus on reading the first post, specifically:

But I wanted to confirm which file was which, since the names are somewhat confusing...but you can just call me mud if I'm being a silly-nanny.
    Sorry if you had chaos in those files Sir. Mod you want is called Radious_Limit_Only (second attached file or second download links). Hope this will help.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Yes, i am using all my mods at the same time and no single crash or problem.
    Thank you for answering !

Quote Originally Posted by Ciisar View Post
    Thank you for answering !
    You are welcome Sir.

My current work is 1 turn recruitment as i got manny PMs about that. When mod is done i will upload it here so i wont spam forum with another topic (this will come verry soon anyway, because other stuff are now in preparations)

Hello folks, during today i will most probably released update for this mod which will fits to this section. It should change unit recruitment time for much lower (Infantry - 1, Cavalry - 2, Artillary - 3). I will try post few versions to be compatible with other changes in this thread.

Updated first post with easier tracking all my mods released until today. Hope this helps with orientation.

Love your mods. By the way, I have a question on the naming and what each one does on the attached download.
    Radious_upkeep_only <--only upkeep
    Radious_Elite_upkeepv2.pack = Radious_Limit_Upkeep.pack??? <--are these the same thing? Guessing from the naming they both only cover the elite limit and the upkeep.
    Last edited by tenjouten; March 06, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    Love your mods. By the way, I have a question on the naming and what each one does on the attached download.
    Radious_upkeep_only <--only upkeep
    Radious_Elite_upkeepv2.pack = Radious_Limit_Upkeep.pack <--are these the same thing?
    Upkeep Only - only lovered upkeep, no other changes
    Radious_Limit_Upkeep - complete mod - reduced upkeep, no limit for elite units, no region restrictions
    Radious_Elite_upkeepv2 - No Limit for Elite units + Reduced Upkeep (region restriction stay)

Thanks. I like the one where you kept the region restrictions on them because that helps keeps the "uniqueness" of the nations. Good luck with your work!

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    Thanks. I like the one where you kept the region restrictions on them because that helps keeps the "uniqueness" of the nations. Good luck with your work!
    Reason why i created more then 1 version, so almost everyone can choose what he likes.

Changed attached file for easier download and better tracking. Enjoy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast