Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help required with Isengard.

Default Re: Help required with Isengard.

if you get into fighting with the elves, just use snagas. if there is one thing the elves are absolute crap at is attrition warfare.

my last game as isengard quite recently, i found out the really really hard way that sending your uruk hai to fight the elves is too costly for too little gain. they outrun your heavily armored uruks and if you send the raider uruks they get shot to bits. so i said wub it, and massed 5 armies full of snagas plus some weak ass generals and sent them there. though i still suffered like 3 armies destroyed i managed to decimate at least 6 small elven groups as i moved north to Mithlond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

-Use the forests.
    This will keep your snagas from soaking up arrows until within striking range (due to hiding) and equalize your early force strength versus cavalry.

-Don't openly travel Rohan's grassland until your armies have enough spear/pike/archers to counter Rohan's cavalry.

-Using a mixed unit (two units occupying the same space) of ordinary spear and reavers/two handers, set defensively, works well at holding the line against multiple types of attackers. This also works exceptionally well for Dale's early spear and axemen.
    [The trade off is massed targets for enemy archers.]

-Don't be afraid to sacrifice units. As an evil faction, units are fodder for your goals and expendable assets...... snaga are easily replaced.

Yep, evil units are pure attrition units, they are built to die by soaking up enemy arrows and charges, hopefully they can take a few with them.

In my opinion, 10-12 groups of archers + 2-3 trolls + 1-2 warg riders + other cannon fodders can annihilate a full stack of elven army with few losses. As elves are good at archery so they will normally send their archers forward to shoot you and hold other troops. But elven archers are no match for 10-12 groups of goblin /orc archers in loose formation. When they send forward infantry and riders, charge with your trolls and halberdiers. Soon their army will break and run. now chase them with warg riders.

last time my 2000 goblin vs 1500 elves, kill all the elves with only about 200 losses.

Nice tactics.

Knox213's Avatar Semisalis

Tip for people using Rohan. Build a stack Full of Calavery. And Have it so. You have One Line of Rohan Mounted Archer's. And One Line Of Rohan Riders? Or Something simular. Anyway. Make the Mounted archers do "Circle" Formation ( When they run in circles ) And make them charge / attack the enemy. After they either run out of arrows > Fallback. Simply throw all your Rohan riders at them. It works every time for me... And i rarely loose anything... Great agas'nt Isengard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12