Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

Coolguy's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [NTW] Liberation, A British AAR.

I'm anxiously awaiting the Siege of Paris.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Much appreciated Dynamo11 and Mueller!

Overlord, I have the battle difficulty on hard, I don't use very hard, as the bonuses the AI receive just seem stupid. Campaign difficulty is very hard as mentioned above

@Coolguy, oh me too! Hopefully, I'll have some of my allies involved in that battle too, it would be great.

I mentioned yesterday that myself and my allies dominate the seas, I have actually been quite ignorant and have recently seen various large French fleet stacks around Spain, leading to one epic, desperate battle, I shall update shortly.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 05, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Oh, and also don't forget about Russia because the Winter is deadly...Man that is going to tough.

Content Emeritus

I know, I didn't write much again but bit of a non-intentional Battle of Trafalgar feeling going on here.

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of June 1810

July 1810 - Part 6 - The Tragedy of Nelson

The British, positive about their Naval supremacy with established fleets in the Mediterranean with allied Spanish Fleets along with Danish and Swedish fleets among the waves of the Baltic Sea. Horatio Nelson, keen to disrupt French trade routes on southern French coasts, sailed from the docks of Portsmouth after previous campaigns in the English Channel to the Bay of Biscay.

Suddenly, Julien Marie Cosmao-Kerjulien, a competent Admiral of Napoleon's navy approached from French shores, emerged from the mist and attacked Nelson's fleet with an overwhelming force. This would be Julien Marie Cosmao-Kerjulien opportunity to disrupt Britain's naval dominance, trade between their allies and increase the possibility of invading the British Isles yet again. This battle will also be a true test for Nelson's ability as a commander due to what is at stake.

- The Battle for the Bay of Biscay 1810

Julien Marie Cosmao-Kerjulien's fleet sailed swiftly towards the British Fleet, 20 ships at his disposal in order to bring Nelson to his knees with the wind in his favour. The British Fleet, formed a column heading straight for Julien himself with Nelson leading from the front on HMS Victory.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The British won a decisive battle against the opposing French Fleet, leading to the capture of Julien Marie Cosmao-Kerjulien and three of his ships, as Nelson and his crew distinguished themselves repeatedly in the battle, sinking, exploding, dismantling many enemy ships. Nevertheless, unfortunately the overwhelming enemy force sunk HMS Piedmont, HMS Courage and HMS Prince, despite the various attempts at the repairing the ships at sea. After the sinking of these ships, HMS Victory eventually came head to head with Julien Marie Cosmao-Kerjulien's ship, leading various shares of broadside fire. This resulted in Tragedy, Nelson's ship was set on fire after shot after shot from the French Fleet, leading to an eventual explosion of HMS Victory and the death of Nelson himself. Nelson may have won the battle itself, but his influence, courage, bravery and ability to lead from front resulted in his death. The battle was a desperate but an important and decisive victory in order to maintain control of the waves.

The Destruction of Nelson's Ship

July 1810 - Part 7 - The Surrendering

While Wellington's armies are defending the liberated states from French-Occupied Prussia in the North and Nelson's sacrifice securing British Naval Dominance and freely allowing naval Landings from the English Channel into French Territories, Which lead to the opening of a new front at Normandy and Brittany, a Fresh army had arrived on the shores of Brittany last month, leading to the capture of Caen and the Liberated of Brittany from French occupation. Surprisingly, the newly formed British army met little resistance, which resulted in the surrendering of the French garrisons.

Now further surrounded from the British to the North and West, while the Spanish-Portuguese armies attempt to push forward from the south, The occupation of Paris by the 'new' coalition seems much more likely despite the mass of French troops stationed there. Will Napoleon return to the native land before such an event takes place?

To be continued.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 05, 2010 at 07:50 PM.

EPIC. Pure epicness. Keep 'em comin'. rep+

The naval battle was EPIC! You have a real knack for getting great screenshots. Keep it up!

Mueller's Avatar Foederatus

That naval battle must have been hell! Can't wait for the next update!

Content Emeritus

Thanks chaps, it certainly was quite a fight, I usually don't enjoy Naval battles but that battle was something of a sight, and I really didn't intend for Nelson to die, It's a shame he did, I had plans for him elsewhere.

I've added an update index on the first post, showing the AAR chapters and the battles involved within them, so if you don't want to go through all the posts in order to find previous updates, you can click on those links instead.

Thanks again,

Lewis

loving this AAR! keep those updates coming

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

Awsome! Love this AAR!

///3inar
    Last edited by Erik3E; March 06, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

fantastic AAR, how do you get the screenshots to display like that, I'd love to steal that for my own AAR

Content Emeritus

Thanks Erik3E and Iceblade, it's much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by myrmedon View Post
    fantastic AAR, how do you get the screenshots to display like that, I'd love to steal that for my own AAR
    Thanks, I crop them to the same size myrmedon, and then place them one after the other, quite simple really. It unfortunately takes quite alot of time though!

Default Re: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

Hey,
    I looked onto this AAR and i saw a 'minor' *COUGH FAIL NOOB RESEARCH TEAM OF SEGA COUGH*mistake.

Now, every country has a flag right?
    Most flags are just certain strips of colour in a certain order right?
    Lets take an example: France, BLUE-WHITE-RED right?

UnderstanthxlolbecoseBELGIUM=BLACK-YELLO-RED, NOT RED- YELLO- BLACK
    THXLOLBAI

^ What?

@ Lewis

Epic update there. I loved that naval battle and, like you, I've never really been into them that much.

Keep it up, this is the first AAR that I find myself actually coming back to...

Content Emeritus

Thanks The Gallant Forty-Twa, your comments are always appreciated.

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of July 1810

August 1810 - Part 8 - Exhaustion

Wellington and his army, still deployed at the River Weser in order to stop French advancement from the Hannover region lies at the northern-most access point along with a smaller army of Westphalia holding the bridge directly to the south in order to secure and protect the sovereignty of the liberated states. The Duke's army still lies severely weakened due to the previous battles at this location months ago, and this situation is certainly about to get much more desperate considering the arrival of another French army from Hannover under the command of Edmond Corday in an attempt to gain control of the bridge.

- The Battle for the River Weser Part III 1810

The Duke of Wellington and his men, position upon the river banks, severely devastated and weakened due to the lack of reinforcement at the bridge now face Corday's opposing French army. While Wellington is outnumbered, he holds the strategic position, and is therefore certainly capable of victory on this clear august morning.

Wellington achieved victory at the River Weser yet again, Edmond Corday had fled the field, although this victory was not without cost, Wellington himself was wounded in battle during a cavalry charge with the 10th Horse Guards towards French Dragoons on the army's flank. Wellington returned to London and will not be available for weeks, his absence, along with the new casualties sustained during the battle leave army deployed at the Bridge weakened, with no proven general left to lead them until the Duke returns. The only option left was to return back to the safer lands of Oldenburg, sacrificing the progress made before Wellington's wound. This leaves Westphalia and Oldenburg exposed to attack in their regions, until Wellington returns, the allied armies will have to make due.

September 1810 - Part 9 - The Courage of Caen

Alexander Mercer, the leading commander of the Brittany-Normandy front has so far been unchallenged in the foreign lands, he has been unable to prove himself as a capable leader and receive valuable battle experience. Nevertheless, Caen, recently occupied by Mercer's army has been besieged by a fresh army from Paris, under the command of Francois Joseph Lefebvre. Alexander, keen to prove himself as commander sallied out to meet the French General upon fields and forests, little less than a mile outside of Caen.

- The Battle for Caen 1810

Time for Alexander Mercer, commander of Caen to show his quality, determination and courage as a leader as the only British General left on European mainland after the wounding of the Duke of Wellington.

Alexander Mercer defeated Lefebvre's army and ensured Caen remains in British hands, now holding a border with Paris itself. However, French forces mass in Hannover, can Wellington return in time to oppose the French forces before further land is lost?

To be continued.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 06, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

Mueller's Avatar Foederatus

Once again, nice screenshots - update soon!

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Nice dual update, it seems France has a never ending power supply of men, do u know wat type of men they r throwing at and do they have balanced armies?

Been reading up on this. Seems like you have quite the task ahead of you. Very nice played, however, and some really good screenshots. Will definately be following this one.
    Suum cuique

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

The screenies dodn't show for me

EDIT: Yeah they did, my bad
    Last edited by Dynamo11; March 07, 2010 at 07:40 AM.

Woah! That last battle looked truly epic.