Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS:<< NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS All playbale 03/05)>> <<BALKAN MOD 23/04>> <<NEW: IBERIA MOD introducing Basque faction 01/05>>

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS All factions playable in all campaigns including emergent and France in Coalition Camp.

Fantastic cheers for this is there anyway to add a university to unlock technologys for scotland .Seems the biased makers have only got one in england for the uk .Should also be St Andrews .Scotland's first university and the third oldest in the English speaking world, founded in 1413.
    Wheres me mod tools.

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS All factions playable in all campaigns including emergent and France in Coalition Camp.

Last edited by mafiahobo; March 03, 2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: retardism

should be extracted to NTW/data/campaigns/mp_eur_napoleon not NTW/data

Quote Originally Posted by haggiseater View Post
    should be extracted to NTW/data/campaigns/mp_eur_napoleon not NTW/data
    its still the same i extracted them overwrited files and still just frace, britain ect

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

anyone noticing when playing as a French ally (bavaria or kingdom of italy) that France is very inactive? They just sit there it seems, but only in my Bavaria or Kingdom of Italy games. When playing as another non-french allied unlocked faction, France is quite active.

Huge thumbs up for this mod!

I'm having way more fun with the start of my Greek campaign than the invulnerable Britain & Prussia, hiding behind a navy & a crap load of protectorates! The Ottomans went for me just as I had gathered half a stack to attack one of the Italian states and I thought I was screwed... Until I wiped the Ottomans out.

It almost feels like that should have been my victory condition though, great sense of achievement afterwards.

How do I enable the ottomans for the egypt campaign, do I put it in the same folder as the european ones?

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    anyone noticing when playing as a French ally (bavaria or kingdom of italy) that France is very inactive? They just sit there it seems, but only in my Bavaria or Kingdom of Italy games. When playing as another non-french allied unlocked faction, France is quite active.

Well they don't come help you very often if thats what you mean.

Nice! whell done. + rep husserl

So hows the startpos modding compaired to ETW?

And whats your personal weiwe of NTW against ETW? Dont whant to change the topic of your post so you culd answer in this thread! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338386

Thanks mate! And nicely done!

///3inar

Thank you for this mod thats great but while I play as Ottomans in Egypt Campaing although I have a Collage in Damascus I cant make any resarch (resarch button is unclickble) this means I cant produce Nizamı Cedit etc also I cant click on diplomacy button too how can I solve this problem ?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan262 View Post
    Well they don't come help you very often if thats what you mean.
    its not only that, they dont do anything at all. there is a thread on the main forum where quite a few folks have played with Bavaria. All say the same thing, France pretty much stay where they start. Very odd. Only seems to happen with Bavaria and maybe Italy.

Either way all the other factions seem to be working great!

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

+repped

thanks a ton for doing this! The game is so utterly bland with only 5 factions to play, I was stifled by the limitation.

Is there any way to make protectorates at the beginning of a game? Like France's posessions, or Catalonia in Spain?
    my other horse is a space ship

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    Thank you for this mod thats great but while I play as Ottomans in Egypt Campaing although I have a Collage in Damascus I cant make any resarch (resarch button is unclickble) this means I cant produce Nizamı Cedit etc also I cant click on diplomacy button too how can I solve this problem ?
    I assume because it's a scaled down campaign no matter who you play as, features are unused. Such as a tech tree for a previously unplayable faction in a mini-campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    delete the startpos file that is in the folder. then go into steam and right click on Napoleon. Go to properties. The go to local files and click on verify integrity of game files or something like that. This will fix you up!
    Thanks! Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by sulan666 View Post
    does FOW work for all nations now? lame seeing all the map...great mod btw.
    Only in emergent FoW works properly. In other factions is all the map revealed. I need a saved game with Europe (almost) conquered, so I can solve this for all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by haggiseater View Post
    Fantastic cheers for this is there anyway to add a university to unlock technologys for scotland .Seems the biased makers have only got one in england for the uk .Should also be St Andrews .Scotland's first university and the third oldest in the English speaking world, founded in 1413.
    Wheres me mod tools.
    Open startpos.esf with EsfEditor 1.4.5 and go in Scotland region ( [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION). Go further in
    REGION/REGION_SLOT_MANAGER/REGIONS_SLOT_ARRAY/ and find a slot of an existing town. In BUILDING MANAGER you'll find the type of the building. Change it as you like. The building names in NTW are different than ETW, so check patch.pack/db/buildings_levels (open with PFM) to find the right name for school.

Quote Originally Posted by JLea View Post
    How do I enable the ottomans for the egypt campaign, do I put it in the same folder as the european ones?
    Yes and you start a coalition campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Nice! whell done. + rep husserl

So hows the startpos modding compaired to ETW?

And whats your personal weiwe of NTW against ETW? Dont whant to change the topic of your post so you culd answer in this thread! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338386

Thanks mate! And nicely done!

///3inar
    Basically startpos is the same but there are also new things. The good thing is that EsfEditor is compatible. I an not playing to much to have the right opinion. It is deferent enough from ETW since there are many missions but it is smaller, since the bigest map is Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    Does diplomacy works on vanilla Egypt campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    +repped

thanks a ton for doing this! The game is so utterly bland with only 5 factions to play, I was stifled by the limitation.

Is there any way to make protectorates at the beginning of a game? Like France's posessions, or Catalonia in Spain?
    Yes. There are two ways to do it. First and simpler is to go in [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION of Patron, take the faction Id from first line and paste it in FACTION 23rd line of Protectorate. In this way the protectorate will be able to have full ability for diplomacy relations. The second and more complex is after doing what I've mentioned already, go in FACTION/DIPLOMACY_MANAGER and change to protectorate and patron the DIPLOMACY_RELATION to patron and protectorate accordingly. With second way protectorate can have limited relations with other factions.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 04, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Any news on making factions for NTW, adding new etc.?

///3inar

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Any news on making factions for NTW, adding new etc.?

///3inar
    Now I am working on it. I'll try to make a Balkan front with Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and the existing Ottomans, Greece.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

I'd also love to see an "all emergents active" type of sub-mod to this. Having AI catalonia, greece, scotland etc up and kicking from the start of a campaign would do wonders for variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    I'd also love to see an "all emergents active" type of sub-mod to this. Having AI catalonia, greece, scotland etc up and kicking from the start of a campaign would do wonders for variety.
    The problem is that human can control only one faction at a time and the rest small faction controlled by AI usually are conquered from a major one.

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Anyway we can get the emergent Italy faction? With the modern style flag and stuff.
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde