Thread: Extra Elite Units Issue

Default Extra Elite Units Issue

I was pre-purchasing Napoleon: Total War via Steam, since it offered me one extra cavalry unit for the British (some Scottish cavalry regiment I don't remember the name of). But since I purchased the game, I noticed there were a "Imperial Edition" containing 10 more units, plus some other edition with even more elite units included. So now I feel pretty regretful for not spent the money on the latter editions.

Is all hope gone to somehow receive all extra elite units to expand the bandwidth of units for my game, unless I pay more than 50 euro extra, or do you think Creative Assembly will eventually create a new pack of all extra elite units in one, so that one may catch up later on?

Again, I feel very regretful I haven't managed to receive all units available for my game, now that I just got it.

Please enlighten me, if possible!

Default Re: Extra Elite Units Issue

Well, they did this for empire but im not sure how long it was before they released them as dlc.

Shader's Avatar Civis

Retail Standard edtion has 5 extra units +1 if you preordered.
    Retail Imperial edition has 15 extra units +1 if you preordered.
    Steam Standard edtion has 1 extra unit if you preordered.
    Steam Imperial edition has 10 extra units +1 if you preordered.

The 5 extra units are not available for digital downloads/purchases.

Almost sure that after a couple of months a DLC will be released which will contain all these extra units + the ones available for preorder (same as ETW).

I took them about 8months or so after Empire's release (rough estimate, anyone confirm the actual time?) to release all the pre-order exclusive, and unit pack exclusives for general retail over Steam. If you wait it out for a few months I would imagine that they will appear sometime. CA do love their DLC.

EDIT: Damn, two people beat me to it

Well, they better do something for those who didn't buy/download the Imperial Edition because they couldn't afford/forgot/wasn't aware of it. :s

Its not really their fault at all and they don't have an obligation to. It isn't their fault if people can't afford things or didn't know about stuff, they just make the game and sell it. PC games are also cheap enough, my Imperial Edition pre-order was only £20.

So if I understand correctly, there's 21 extra elite units to Napoleon, in which might be purchasable through other means later on if you already bought and downloaded the standard version of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Flumburken View Post
    So if I understand correctly, there's 21 extra elite units to Napoleon, in which might be purchasable through other means later on if you already bought and downloaded the standard version of the game?
    They'll most likely be released as DLC at some later date, yes.