Page 8 of 208 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Frankly I dont want nor will SWTOR appear on a consol. I believe very deeply that Bioware will start on Kotor 3 after finishing the mmo. Hell, they may have already started it.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by RVFVS View Post
    Frankly I dont want nor will SWTOR appear on a consol. I believe very deeply that Bioware will start on Kotor 3 after finishing the mmo. Hell, they may have already started it.
    I very much doubt it.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

How does that matter at all? Xboxlive has subs and has a ton of players.
    And how many people are prepared to pay double subs ?

And in NE, MMO's are not doing good by the standard of WoW, which has set the standard. Aion is considered dead, even with a decent amount of income, due to its small amount of players in comparison.
    What a stupid statement.
    Aion isn't dead. If it has a 500k sub base then the game is alive and well, end of story.
    Eve Online has 300k and that game is doing well. LOTRO has 250k subs and also alive and well.
    Saying that a MMO that doesn't have 12 million is dead is a very silly thing to say.
    Prove its a bad poll. I see no proof on your side shown as of yet.
    Well simple, all internet polls are bad. They are easily manipulated. Polls on this site alone has showned that.
    Not exactly. SWG is an older game. Most recent and popular SW games have been mostly on consoles.
    This is however a MMO, not a action game.
    SWG is a MMO who Sony managed to destroy. Their old sub base is still out there waiting for this game.
    That's around 250k people right there.
    Then you have to add in all other MMO sub base who are most of which also waiting for this game.
    Remember when I was on the STO forums and the overall word was that STO will hold them out until TOR is released.
    My Kin in LOTRO are all talking about TOR as is the OOC channels.
    Wouldn't be surprised if alot of the sub base in WoW are the same.
    So this is a highly anticipated in MMO world which is PC.
    Bioware shown the PC much love during the years they have been active, releasing 2 of the most beloved RPGs of all time(Baldur's gate 1,2) and in recent years, KOTOR, Mass Effect 1,2 and Dragon age, all also better on PC.
    Personally I don't mind if they make it a 360 game but it needs to be seperate from the PC version since if the console will be on the same servers are PC gamers then the game will have to be dumbed down which the current console MMOs had to do, which will be a death sentance for Bioware.
    Either way this will have to be done after the PC version is released and in good condition and even then, why waste money making it since the overall sub-base might be very small.
    As stated, MMOs is not a console area. People who love MMOs already own a good enough PC.

But if it is harder, than that will mean less will do it, which means less people to ban, which means more CS for other purposes.
    People using illegal mods are overall small and is mostly a problem in grind-based games like Lineage or Aion. In games where grinding won't help you that much, illegal mods are mostly pointless, which is the formula TOR is going for, less grind and more story oriented.
    But things like customized UI are wonderful additions that you can provide for your sub-base.

Mid-range as in Mid-range now? Mid-range now will be bad in two years, and will need to be updated. The game will have a lot of players, and therefore, lots and lots of server lag. It will take a good computer to run it well and effectively, and the good computer won't be good in a few years.
    A game that requires a mid-range PC, will still require a mid-range PC in a few years unless they upgrade the graphical engine.
    And if that's the case, you just upgrade.
    On a console however, this is not possible. A 360/PS3 which is a mid-range PC(even tho the PS3 is more powerful then the 360 so I guess that's more of a high/mid-range PC) these days and will just get worse with time. And most MMOs improve their graphical engine as time goes on to increase it's appeal. LOTRO, SWG, WoW, AoC, WAR, Anarchy Online, Everquest 2 and so on. This will not be possible with a console port where the graphics will remain the same due to the limits of a 360 or PS3.
    That is one of the limitations that a console port would hinder the game.
    Heavily instanced and small amount of players in each "cell" is another thing that will be forced to be done which removes the feeling of a MMO.
    That isn't what he said at all. Did the statement somehow hurt you and you lashed out personally?
    Cute insult
    But I admit I misread his comment
    But the response is, Tough luck.
    Again, no. That has nothing to do with the quote. Saying many people prefer consoles does not mean that they're better. It means that some prefer it over, due to other reasons. I prefer console controllers. My friends do. My brother does. I'm sure many more also do, hence why many prefer it, which is what he said.
    And again, Dragon Age showed otherwise, it showed that people prefered a mouse and keyboard for their RPGs. Sacred 2 proved this as well. The sales numbers showed that.
    Of course this maybe be more because there aren't that many RPG fans on consoles due to just that, the problem with controls.

I very much doubt it.
    And yeah, Bioware has already stated that TOR is KOTOR 3,4,5,6.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

And how many people are prepared to pay double subs ?
    A lot. I know a lot of people that pay for both WoW and Xboxlive already.

Well simple, all internet polls are bad. They are easily manipulated. Polls on this site alone has showned that.
    Okay. All polls are bad. I see.

This is however a MMO, not a action game.
    Your point? Battlefront is different than Force Unleashed. People still played both.
    People who love MMOs already own a good enough PC.
    If this is going to be a big game with a lot of complex stories and pretty good graphics, it will take a good computer. WoW does has average graphics, and a lot of people's computers have to run it on medium settings, or even low sometimes. Not everybody who plays video games just made their own $2k custom gaming computer.

Cute insult
    But I admit I misread his comment
    But the response is, Tough luck.
    That's what it seems like. "WAH WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT ME HAVE NO FRIENDS I DO 2" is pretty much what I got from that. Try reading carefully.

Sacred 2 proved this as well.
    What the crap is that?

Of course this maybe be more because there aren't that many RPG fans on consoles due to just that, the problem with controls.
    There are several that people play. Most just like shooters.

What a stupid statement.
    Aion isn't dead. If it has a 500k sub base then the game is alive and well, end of story.
    You obviously haven't played or heard of it in a few months. When you have more gold sellers than players. Barely anyone at max level, and the capital city is almost deserted, the game is in pretty bad shape.

Add people randomly getting banned monthly for no reason, and the population is declining very quickly.

But things like customized UI are wonderful additions that you can provide for your sub-base.
    Obviously. But those normally are not released by the company, but by people.

And yeah, Bioware has already stated that TOR is KOTOR 3,4,5,6.
    Yeah, I heard 3-10, but the point is still the same. You won't see a single player KOTOR in a long time (if ever).

i wonder how this thread became about consoles x pc
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    A lot. I know a lot of people that pay for both WoW and Xboxlive already.
    And prepared to be another for TOR ?

Okay. All polls are bad. I see.
    Considering you just complained that I don't read what is being written, I suggest you do the same.

Your point? Battlefront is different than Force Unleashed. People still played both.
    Both are actions games.

If this is going to be a big game with a lot of complex stories and pretty good graphics, it will take a good computer. WoW does has average graphics, and a lot of people's computers have to run it on medium settings, or even low sometimes. Not everybody who plays video games just made their own $2k custom gaming computer.
    I payed around 1200 dollars for my high-end computer and it was pre-built. Would have been even cheaper if it was custom.

What the crap is that?
    A fairly good RPG on PC but on consoles due to horrible controls.

Obviously. But those normally are not released by the company, but by people.
    So ?

i wonder how this thread became about consoles x pc
    Yeah I wonder how

Anyway, I will not talk about it. TOR is a PC exclusive and Bioware has stated it several times. That's the end of it.

Fine by me, as long as my aging PC can run it nicely!

i belive the requirements are going to be quite low for a 2011 game, i just hope my pc who cant handle mass effect 2 will handle this
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So TB666 if this game turns out to be good, will you join me as a Sith Lord.

As a agent I work for no one

If I can't have you as an ally then you will cower before the Dark Lord.

Dude that sounded really really gay.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Dude that sounded really really gay.
    I was actually thinking of this,
    Go to 4:35 and watch to 4:50

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Dude, that video sort of supports his point , Jafar isn't exactly.... well you know what I mean
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

he means Jafar kinda plays for the other team. and I don't mean the dark side....I mean wait..uh.
    No.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

i havent checked up on this game lately, but is the combat system going to be turn based?????

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
    i havent checked up on this game lately, but is the combat system going to be turn based?????
    Not really. It will be real time but in a slightly turn based way.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Wait, Jafar was the very first sith lord?

Dont they same somewhere that this magic force is ancient?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Lol, at the comments but anyway my point was I will force you TB to join my clan/group or whatever the hell it is. I cannot afford to lose skilled gamers, you could be a exclusive bounty hunter for me and my Sith Empire

I for one have me hope place on this new mmo. Getting the chance to finally be some kinda wannabe Han solo, Boba Fett and darth vader is just cool. Its looking promising and from reputation Bioware so far is just not capable of fail of any sort. Well except for those DLC and that dragon age origin expansion. That however is a matter of pricing not the game quality.

According to the developer, the combat is suppose to make me feel heroic. So i guess this beats the regular grind as i am killing things that are awesome rather than lvl 1 dog in the earlier part of the game.