Page 5 of 208 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Bioware sucks ass on gameplay though, best story, best rpg, but gameplay? Buildup? PVP? No, they will fail. Unless they get help from some pr0's all around of EA.
    1st. Very experienced team with MMO experience. I believe they even have some guys from the original SWG team there. They made a very good game.

2nd. Their gameplay is very enjoyable. I especially liked the gameplay in KOTOR1/2 where you could plan battles, but they were still quite intense, especially when you were low level.

3rd. There's no good pvp out there. True story. There hasn't been good pvp since SWG introduced Restuss and the novelty of it ran off. Guild Wars was enjoyable to begin with - but that's way to hardcore these days.

4th. Buildup!?!?!?! What the man? KOTOR didn't have good buildup, congratz, sir, you winz ze Internet humour award 2010.

5th. Err, this is a RPG, man. It's a MMORPG. It's just something most companies forgot after WoW.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    1st. Very experienced team with MMO experience. I believe they even have some guys from the original SWG team there. They made a very good game.

2nd. Their gameplay is very enjoyable. I especially liked the gameplay in KOTOR1/2 where you could plan battles, but they were still quite intense, especially when you were low level.

3rd. There's no good pvp out there. True story. There hasn't been good pvp since SWG introduced Restuss and the novelty of it ran off. Guild Wars was enjoyable to begin with - but that's way to hardcore these days.

4th. Buildup!?!?!?! What the man? KOTOR didn't have good buildup, congratz, sir, you winz ze Internet humour award 2010.

5th. Err, this is a RPG, man. It's a MMORPG. It's just something most companies forgot after WoW.
    Tibia still have awesome pvp
    Gameplay is ing , there is no denying that.
    Buildup, forgot to write ME2 on this one, ME1 had also good buildup.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

haha you still pissed off that i pwn you in every conversation you make? ;P

And srsly, we all *know* deep inside that nothing will ever replace wow, we want something to replace it, but no game will become massive enough to replace it. If not blizz wants it to happen.
    How do you know that? If Palpatine had the mentality do you really think he would have overthrown the Republic?
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

ME2 had good buildup, it ended in a "wtf?!" kind of situation and left me at least incredibly hungry for me. I guess that's the point of number 2 in a trilogy...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Wait, we are not talking about the same thing here, buildup isnt that how you build up your character- like in wow you can choose different talenttrees for unique gameplay?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Wait, we are not talking about the same thing here, buildup isnt that how you build up your character- like in wow you can choose different talenttrees for unique gameplay?
    Ya, thats ME2 not SWTOR. You forget that an RPG that came out a few months before ME2 had great build up. And I actually think ME2 had good build up.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Anyway the buildup in dragon age was ing , the one in ME2 was . So bioware doesnt have a strong side there either. NWN had a great buildup but that wasnt bioware, that was forgotten realms ^^

Dragon Age was simplicity, do not mistake that for being a . Btw your statements incline me to believe you are trolling.

Nah im not trolling, i just find it funny that people believes this will be a hit. Like many mmorpgs before this one- it will fail, unless it doesnt require you to pay a monthly fee.

MASSIVE, keyword, most important thing about a mmorpg.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

I'm just not going to play it. I want a single player role playing game, I'm just so sick of MMO role playing games anymore, sorry but they were too late to jump into the band wagen so to speak, MMOs are popular but not for me anymore too many years of MMOs left me drained of the dirty boring things.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

Comes Domesticorum

Nah im not trolling, i just find it funny that people believes this will be a hit. Like many mmorpgs before this one- it will fail, unless it doesnt require you to pay a monthly fee.

MASSIVE, keyword, most important thing about a mmorpg.
    I find it funny you spew forth your gibberish like it's gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I find it funny you spew forth your gibberish like it's gospel.
    You have a funny way to argue against someone elses truth. Next time just try atleast, if you fail others will probaly pick your argument up where you left it

pwned

You have a funny way to argue against someone elses truth. Next time just try atleast, if you fail others will probably pick your argument up where you left it
    You yourself have not said a convincing argument you just say a lot of swears and curses. So your argument is less convincing then a pile of I mean MMO's are supposed to have monthly payments unless they're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    You yourself have not said a convincing argument you just say a lot of swears and curses. So your argument is less convincing then a pile of I mean MMO's are supposed to have monthly payments unless they're crap.
    I am gonna go ahead and say.. why? why do they need a monthly fee?

They must get an investment to continue the MMO for patches, fixes, upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    They must get an investment to continue the MMO for patches, fixes, upgrades.
    I was hoping that you would say that. How come that guildwars still give new patches. There is no monthly fee there. Neither is it in Tibia, or diablo II. And diablo II was patched a loooooong time mate.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Habelo, give it a rest. No one takes you seriously anyway.

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

I was hoping that you would say that. How come that guildwars still give new patches. There is no monthly fee there. Neither is it in Tibia, or diablo II. And diablo II was patched a loooooong time mate.

I dont know why Guildwars doesnt but, on the norm, the monthly fees are needed in order to keep the servers up and running along with mainenance and so on. Diablo 2 isnt even an mmo so why do you bring it into this conversation?
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Nole4694 View Post
    I dont know why Guildwars doesnt but, on the norm, the monthly fees are needed in order to keep the servers up and running along with mainenance and so on. Diablo 2 isnt even an mmo so why do you bring it into this conversation?
    Diablo II is an mmorpg experience if you played it on the internets. And i dont understand your logic since you are making a bloody paradox in your reply. "the monthly fees are needed in order"- Guildwars?

Starts to sing: Dum dum dum dum duuum dum dum.

And if i am not worthy to be taken seriously then please someone come with an argument greater then "my hair is a bird, your argument is invalid".

And since i am letting you drink of my infinate wisdom could you please share one of *your* answers with me. Cause you see i cant seem to understand... What exactly is the appeal in being a fanboi? Please tell me cause i cant think for any reason to be one, in a constant crusade which meaning is none... I mean.... why?