Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

woto's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

something is not right in your tutorial

i completed step 1 'non playable factions'
    and step 2 'emergent factions' 50%

i am stuck at

Go in diplomacy menu and ask from the faction that holds the capitol region to sell it to you for 500.000. When this is done you'll see a message that a new leader and government is established. Emergent is now fully unlockable. Save the game and exit.

when i start the game as italy (not italy kingdom) then i indeed have a fow, i can't select my capital, but how can i buy the capital for 500 000 from italia when i allready am italy?
    'woto expects that all members of twcenter will do their duty'
    woto; when posting this thread/reply!

Tutorial works perfectly but your question does not make any sense. Italy is an emergent, has no regions owned and so the region that is gonna be its capital belongs to another faction which for sure is not Italy. Buy it from that faction....

woto's Avatar Tiro

thats the problem, my explenation wasn't right, but still have a problem, when starting up the campaign, i won the campaign ! without doing everything , but i can't buy my region which i want (rome or milan) because rome and milan are allready capitals of the papal states and italy kingdom

Now your question makes sense. Well that is a tough situation but you still can do it... Let's say that you want to make Rome capitol of Italy. Take a new startpos and do these:

1. Give Rome to Naples and make Papal states emergent. These changes must be done manually and not using hybrid. For the first one follow this and for the second this one.

2. Test that everything is o.k. by starting the game.

3. Now you can proceed in unlocking Italy, giving Rome as capitol.

About the message, this is a bug introduced by peninsula patch. You win the game because there are no VICTORY CONDITIONS for your new faction. When you make them everything will be fine.

I've have done all the steps to unlock the Ottoman faction..but I can't hear any sound ..would you like to help me? thx a lot

There is probably a mod command left in your user script file for a mod that you've removed. Check your file with this tool.

woto's Avatar Tiro

ok, about the reply you posted at august 11 :

i finnaly succeeded in giving rome to naples, but then one problem, i will not be able of buying rome because naples suddenly changed capital to rome, how do i change the capitol of naples to whatever it originally was?

btw, what does 'emergent' actually wants to say?
    Last edited by woto; August 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fun!

You can change the same way you will do it for Italy: enter the region Id in Naples faction's record (double entry). There is a tutorial about this also. Are you sure you didn't do it by accident?

woto's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You can change the same way you will do it for Italy: enter the region Id in Naples faction's record (double entry). There is a tutorial about this also. Are you sure you didn't do it by accident?
    i actually didn't know what u mean so i was experimenting and it was just switching 2 ID's

this is how far i am:

i have italy in the 'campaigns of the coalition'
    when i start as italy i am immediately victory
    rome is now propertie of naples and isn't the capital

next problem: i can have diplomacy with everyone except : naples
    Last edited by woto; August 21, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

Im trying to unlock Greece, Ive done all the steps before the hybrid game, but when I try to start the campaign, a few seconds after the campaign starts loading, theres an error and the game aborts. What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by woto View Post
    i actually didn't know what u mean so i was experimenting and it was just switching 2 ID's

this is how far i am:

i have italy in the 'campaigns of the coalition'
    when i start as italy i am immediately victory
    rome is now propertie of naples and isn't the capital

next problem: i can have diplomacy with everyone except : naples
    You have to add VICTORY CONDITIONS to avoid instant victory. I cannot help with last problem which is very weired...

Quote Originally Posted by Blucher View Post
    Im trying to unlock Greece, Ive done all the steps before the hybrid game, but when I try to start the campaign, a few seconds after the campaign starts loading, theres an error and the game aborts. What did I do wrong?
    I guess there is an error in the changes you've made in FACTION record of Greece in startpos.esf. Check them again. If you see everything else, try again in a new file. Sometimes accidentally mistakes are happened and that is why are difficult to be discovered.

Ive done all the steps, it STILL Wont work. Does the starting money have to EXACTLY be "500.000" Even WITH the dot? or not?

Ive done all the steps, it STILL Wont work. Does the starting money have to EXACTLY be "500.000" Even WITH the dot? or not?
    You know I had the exact same problem, but couldn't fix it, even though I tried like 5 times. When I tried again a couple weeks later it worked fine .

But to answer your question quickly, no. There is no dot or comma and the amount isn't exactly necesary, its just so you'll have enough to do just about anything diplomatic wise.

Also, I think that my problem was with the faction file like Husserl suggested.
    Last edited by King Sama; August 24, 2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

If you like compress your file and upload it to have a look. If you have done more chnages than those related with Greece, let me know.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YV687QDQ That is the Startpos, hope it helps

I've corrected 2 mistakes in highlighted entries. None of these changes are asked by tutorial. The rest needed changes where o.k.

I've corrected them but file keep crashing so it must be at least one more mistake. Start over in a new clean startpos and stick on the tutorial.

Hey,

Is there a way to make playable "eur_estonia_livonia" region?

Sincerely,
    Tõnis

Regions cannot be playable, only factions.

Can you make a download version for Ireland, please.
    Cause im so bad at this things

Quote Originally Posted by tomislol View Post
    Can you make a download version for Ireland, please.
    Cause im so bad at this things
    Second