Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

I want to add for a minor faction the factionsleader picture in the coalition menu. I read the thread and i checked the GOVERMENT but i cant find where i can add the picture for the factions leader. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear77 View Post
    I want to add for a minor faction the factionsleader picture in the coalition menu. I read the thread and i checked the GOVERMENT but i cant find where i can add the picture for the factions leader. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.
    I think there is already a tread for this,
    did you searched posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear77 View Post
    1. [..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\FACTION_INFO

[..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/ CHARACTER_ARRAY

To find which minister is faction leader go first in GOVERNMENT and check for his id (it is in third line and not in 1st).

Thanks mate. No. 1 solved my problem +Rep

Edit: Isnt it easier to copy/paste the entry in ..\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\Saxony | FACTION_ARRAY\Saxony | FACTION\FAMILY
    to
    mp_eur_napoleon\startposMP.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\Mp_Eur_Napoleon | CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\FACTION_INFOS

for the correct picture?
    Last edited by ♔Icebear77♔; May 02, 2010 at 12:29 AM.

Yes but only if the government is a monarchy.

Good to know, thanks!!

hey im new to this so sorry for any thing stupid..... i got ottomans as playable but every thing is under fog i tryed to do the line of sight but i get an appcrash ....P.s. i didnt know where to get ""tutorial used in Empire for minor factions"". so i just started [..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/PLAYERS_ARRAY/PLAYERS_ARRAY (non playable faction)/ middle False change to True could that be the problem

thanx

if there is a place where i can downland ottomans as playable that would work also

Here in NTF or in Balkan mod (second post).

Hi im new in this forum and my english isn't very good but i've got som problem with unlocking ottomans. I followed the tutorial and managed to unlock ottomans with ESFEditor. But there is some kind of fog over my cities. But if my move my units the, fog dissapears. I tried to play with the lua file but nothing worked (assuming that the lua file in mp_eur_napoleon map). Any help would be preciated Thanks

I tried this out with greece, but it keeps crashing before I can get to the first campaign, so I can't access the savegame. I've tried this 3 times now, and the first part seems to work but not the emergent part. If anyone could help or if the OP could upload his experiment, it would be appreciated.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by kuttan View Post
    Hi im new in this forum and my english isn't very good but i've got som problem with unlocking ottomans. I followed the tutorial and managed to unlock ottomans with ESFEditor. But there is some kind of fog over my cities. But if my move my units the, fog dissapears. I tried to play with the lua file but nothing worked (assuming that the lua file in mp_eur_napoleon map). Any help would be preciated Thanks
    The easy way is to add the following lines in scripting.lua, around the end of the document:

Code:
    local function OnFactionTurnStart(context)
         scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)
    end
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But in this way all the map will be revealed after 1st turn and not only your regions. The right way is to follow this tutorial. You can find LINE OF SIGHTS (you'll see in tutorial what is this about) in my NTF mod in any startpos in folders data\campaigns\NTF\0-9.

The simplest way is to play NTF or Balkan mod where Ottomans have more units.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I tried this out with greece, but it keeps crashing before I can get to the first campaign, so I can't access the savegame. I've tried this 3 times now, and the first part seems to work but not the emergent part. If anyone could help or if the OP could upload his experiment, it would be appreciated.
    Obviously you have not make all the right changes in FACTION Greece in startpos. Her is my record from Balkan mod. Capitol Id;s might be deferent for you:

I changed all of the areas you circled just now, as well as the others, but it doesn't work. I also installled the newer version of the esf editor which maes it much easier.

I can get to the campaign screen and Greece is there but it is alwasy crashing. Also, none of the factions have victory conditions and only the short campaign is available, maybe that has something to do with it? Even though I didn't touch any victory condition files.

Here is a picture of the file

EDIT: I added victory conditions and then those worked for all nations but it still crashed

Never Mind about this. I gave Greece the region greece using your other tutorial and it worked. The only problem is that there is the fog of war, but I'm sure thats been answered already somewhere else. Thanks anyways.
    Last edited by King Sama; May 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Thanks HusserlTW!! Managed to get rid of the fog. You have made my day!!

King Sama read husserl's latest writing. You have to change the lua file.

I already removed the fog of war over greece by copying files from the balkans mod ( also by husserltw i think)

But I still have a problem. I changed the region ownership, and it worked for both greece and romania, but when I try to engage in diplomacy with them, it crashes. Is there anyway to fix this?

EDIT: maybe i'll try to add a government and see if that works

LucasMDL's Avatar Libertus

Can anyone help me play as greece ?
    I`ve tried and tried and i can`t play as a emergent nation!
    Please help me!

thanks

Greece is playable here with many new units.

LucasMDL's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys! I manage to edit the startpos file very well!
    Here is the result...The nation is Italy (The modern one)!
    There you will have a unique victory conditions/ diplomaticy and etc , all thanks to the tutorial here.

Thanks again! And if someone would like to play as Italy , be my guest!

how do you open a file with esf editor