Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

Default How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

How to unlock non playable and emergent factions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Non playable factions

To unlock non playable factions first follow the tutorial we used in Empire for minor factions. Open the startpos.esf file with EsfEditor form [NTW]/data/camaigns/mp_eur_napoleon and make these changes:

[..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/PLAYERS_ARRAY/PLAYERS_ARRAY (non playable faction)/ middle False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/FACTION_INFOS/ FACTION_INFOS/ 3rd and 4th False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP/ middle False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_SETUP/PLAYERS_ARRAY/PLAYERS_ARRAY/ middle False change to True

In Napoleon faction selection menu there is place only for 4 factions. Until the scripter aces solve this problem you have to make a trick, to free up some space for your new playable faction. Go in startpos and in

[...]CAMPAIGN_PROPEN_MAP_INFO/CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP/PLAYERS_ARRAY

change to False the middle True Boolean of a playable faction like Britain, Austria, Prussia or Russia.

2. Emergent factions

We'll do it in a similar way like in Empire but there are also some extra things to do. First follow the above tutorial to make the emergent playable. Now find the capitol region
    in:

[..]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION and copy the Id from first line. Then in

[..]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION

in 11th and 12th entries paste the region ID. Also change the 14th Trueto False. Go further in FACTION/FACTION_ECONOMICS and in 1st line enter the amount 500.000.

After you make a playable faction non playable (last step of previous tutorial) start the game as the emergent. If everything is O.K. you should be able to get in campaign but you can see nothing because of FoW. It is alright, here we want to do this: Go in diplomacy menu and ask from the faction that holds the capitol region to sell it to you for 500.000. When this is done you'll see a message that a new leader and government is established. Emergent is now fully unlockable. Save the game and exit.

Now go in:

C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\save_games (for vista, win 7)

and rename the saved file from xxxx_xxxx.save to xxxx_xxxx.empire_save so the EsfEditor be able to read and edit it. We are going to make a Hybrid startpos using the startpos.esf from
    [NTW]/data/camaigns/mp_eur_napoleon and the saved game.

Open
    startpos.esf and xxxx_xxxx.empire_save in the same instance of EsfEditor.

1. Go in
    startpos.esf/CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/ right click on CAMPAIGN_MODEL and delete it.
    2. Save it and open again in
    CAMPAIGN_ENV
    3. In
    saved_game.esf/ CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/ right click on CAMPAIGN_MODEL and then click copy. Give sometime to the Editor to complete this and the following step since the amount of data is huge. Your Editor will stop responding for a few seconds but this is normal.
    4. Right click on
    CAMPAIGN_ ENV of startpos.esf and paste.
    5. Save the new hybrid startpos.esf.

Open it again and go in
    FACTION/FACTION_ECONOMICS to correct the treasuries. Also now you can make any other minor changes like make your new faction major, etc. See here some modifications. This will be your final startpos.esf with the emergent fully unlocked and playable.

CREDITS

Just for EsfEditor and Koras321, alpaca, erasmus777 for later development.

Last edited by husserlTW; March 09, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: How to unlock non playable factions

Hey, do you know how I can unlock factions for use in custom-battle only?
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    Hey, do you know how I can unlock factions for use in custom-battle only?
    Most likely it's going to be in the factions table like Empire.

I made Switzerland playable for me. And it works. But i've got some questions:

1.)How can i change goverment type in the startpos? (Switzerland wasn't an absolute monarchy. The Swiss were a Republic)
    2.)How can I add victory conditions?
    3.)What have I to do, that there's a factionleader picture for switzerland in the campaign of coalition menu?

Thx

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Most likely it's going to be in the factions table like Empire.
    I assumed so but the pack file manager won't let me go into that file. Know any program that lets me do so?
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Ah, good work sir! I wonder though, if we mod our own game, won't this affect online happenings?

hey swiss_warrior i think you need to go tho [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/GOVERNEMENT
    then change it there you will find it

Default Re: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

Tutorial has been updated with the addition for the emergent factions.

how much bucks you want to make me a starpos with catalonia playable replacing russia? i tried 7 times this afternnon and everytime i get a appcrash.

i suck in that type of things.

TW Bigfoot

does this still result in the F.O.W issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfootedfred View Post
    does this still result in the F.O.W issue?
    Not in emergent.

Quote Originally Posted by tryadelion View Post
    how much bucks you want to make me a starpos with catalonia playable replacing russia? i tried 7 times this afternnon and everytime i get a appcrash.

i suck in that type of things.
    In next searches of new startpos I can use catalonia but no promises.

ok...

o.k. here is catalunia:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Download attachment and extract it (use 7z) to [NTW]data/campaigns/mp_eur_napoleon, keep a backup of the vanilla startpos. Start a new Coalitions Campaign.

Curiously, I've seem to have found out that the only faction that can't be unlocked for the Coalition campaign this way is France. At least, it doesn't seem as simple as disabling one of the Coalition allies (France is already marked as playable).

can you aldso do that for belgium
    i tried but it keeps giving a ctd

thank you so much husserl!

tell me if you need anything.

Hi HusserITW.

I make the hungarian(emergent) faction to playable like you Catalunia, BUT Idont got any Generals! I have now all barrack upgrade finished , beaten Turks etc. But still no generals for recruit...? an u fix this bug, or u got generals in Catalunia??
    THX

You don't receive at all message about available generals? Have you recruited any units?

can you give a download version for belgium?
    i tried it several times but i always get stuck with the region slots

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast