Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't settle for forced MEDIUM settings on older comps!

Default Re: You Canīt Play in high? Here is SOLUTION

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: You Canīt Play in high? Here is SOLUTION

I didīt see it, but This Post have the Directory and how make it

Default Re: Don't settle for forced MEDIUM settings on older comps!

where can I find the script for Win XP?

It's hidden, try using your search tool and enable searching for hidden maps.

The creator of 'The Stormgarde' Modification.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

does this improve performance on cards where high and ultra are allowed? or is it more for the cards that are locked at medium or below?

Quote Originally Posted by Torn Sage View Post
    Please try this. (I have an older model XPS 600 running a an old 7900GTX) and it was forced into MED settings in graphics in ETW which I had problems with so I backed off to low then.

NOW is a new story: Same system and still forced to MED settings but I found this help and decided to try it out seeing that I had no graphics issues on medium settings and I was very angry about "disappearing dead soldiers" and was told HIGH setings would cure this.

Simply go to your scripts file and change this:

gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

to this:

gfx_video_memory 512000000; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

I was ASTOUNDED at graphics Iv'e never witnessed now that I was allowed to change my settings to HIGH...ASTOUNDED...THUNDERSTRUCK...AMAZED...COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY. It's a whole new game! ! !

Iv'e been missing out!

Incidentally, those "disappearing soldiers" are now not disappearing but remaining for the duration.

WELL DONE DEVS WELL DONE what a beautiful game!!!...I might try ultra...who know but they really improved the graphics management and pleas give that old machine a try with this change...you might be amazed too.
    Hi all!

Try to set your gfx memory in user.script on 1GB and you will truly unlock ultra settings.I have 8800GTS 640MB gfx and with 1GB tweak the graphic is amazing.

I have all settings on ultra except grass,trees & water.AA,VE(fog),SSAO are off.TF is on 16X.Large units.

Average FPS 24-27.

gfx_video_memory 1073741824;
    Last edited by Oby; March 09, 2010 at 01:54 AM.

Holy bat sh8t! it works! Sooooo smooth...
    Ive got the 9800 GT is was good before but now! WOW!

My screen started to flicker after a while. I have a 8600GT Nvidia video card. How do i solve this?

Documents and Settings/"yourname"/Application Data/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/Scripts

Hope this helps you - John

Default No Dead Bodies?Graphics problems?Playing Medium Resolution? Solution

For thouse whit MEDIUM settings on older comps. Is Becouse the Video Card are of 256 mb. Changing to 512mb in the Scripts allow you to Use High settings

There is a Simple Script in
    C/ documents & settings/ *username*/Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts\preferences.script folder.

This lines are in the preferences.script txt.Inside, in the second line of gfx is this.

gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

Edit the Linewhit "0" to this:

gfx_video_memory 512000000; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

Or "1073741824", like 1 GB in memory by Mr MM

Dead Bodies

Tthere are some PC`s whit problems in Dead Bodies.
    Once Make this in Scripts,you enter Napoleon TW, go to Options and change the UNIT DETAIL: High
    For SMOKE effect.
    Particule Effect: High or Ultra

And a little mod for older Comps:
    Made By Radious
    Changes:
    1. No Dust (dust gone forever, increase fps and looks better, all other effects stays)
    2. Higher Morale across board for all units (15% higher)
    3. Higher morale + 50% more ammo for all infantry (added 8.3.2010)

Download:

Radious_Morale.rar (Higher morale for all troops +1)

Radious_No_Dust.rar (No Dust when units move)

Radious_Morale_Ammo.rar (Higher morale for all units +2 and 50% more munition for all infantry)

Now you can play N:TW or E:TW at Max!!!!
    PD: Sorry for my Bad english
    Last edited by Choki; March 10, 2010 at 08:28 AM.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: No Dead Bodies?Graphics problems?Playing Medium Resolution? Solution

Hi,

Good work !

+ REP !

Default Re: No Dead Bodies?Graphics problems?Playing Medium Resolution? Solution

Thanks!!! I hope you like !

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

choki you might want to correct the value, since 512mb is 536870912 bytes. For ultra settings the most guaranteed way is to put 1073741824 as the value, since the ultra option is only available to cards that have more than 512mb. Otherwise great job in finding those mods

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

You already posted this once in this forum already?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339866

And as you already know there was already a thread on it here -

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336461

Doesn't it make more sense to keep all info on one subject in the one place?

I have a problem. My screen starts flickering a bit. My video card is Nvidia 8600GT. Any solutions?

i cant find documents and setings. I have vista, but if its hidden please tell me how to unhid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
    choki you might want to correct the value, since 512mb is 536870912 bytes. For ultra settings the most guaranteed way is to put 1073741824 as the value, since the ultra option is only available to cards that have more than 512mb. Otherwise great job in finding those mods
    Thanks my friend, i leave in 512mb is 536870912 MB becouse the Pc`s hwo make this are old, but yes, in 1 GB you can play at max.

Quote Originally Posted by henyo10 View Post
    I have a problem. My screen starts flickering a bit. My video card is Nvidia 8600GT. Any solutions?
    I recomendyou only poot options "Units: High" To keep the dead bodies in the ground. if you have lag, keep using in medium all.

It doesn't lag, my screen starts flickering like say a bad cabled tv. l will try the high units instead if it changes.

This lines are in the preferences.script txt.Inside, in the second line of gfx is this.

Edit the Linewhit "0" to this:

Or "1073741824", like 1 GB in memory by Mr MM
    Yes, it'll increase performance, but after that there will be some annoying graphical artifacts in game. As for me I've get some odd effects with musket fire tracers.

Well nothing happens. The flickering is really annoying. Is there some solution please?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast