Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Don't settle for forced MEDIUM settings on older comps!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: You Canīt Play in high? Here is SOLUTION

Is becouse you haver very old vide card. I had a 8600 GTX Nvidia of 256mb and whit this the gane work in max settings and no lag

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: No Dead Bodies?Graphics problems?Playing Medium Resolution? Solution

Quote Originally Posted by henyo10 View Post
    I have a problem. My screen starts flickering a bit. My video card is Nvidia 8600GT. Any solutions?
    Not sure with NVIDIA, but with my ATI I have to go to the Catalyst control centre and and set it to: Use aplication settings everytime a battle starts. To stop flickering. so I play, a battle starts, I alt tab out of the game and then go to Catalyst control centre and set it to use application settings.

I asume Nvidia has something similar?

I never had prblems whit Catalyst (i dont know what is it) or things like that in Nvidia. But Remember, this is only to be able to see dead bodyes. WHit Units in High the Dead Bdyes dont Desapear. The Other Settings, like Dust, you can set in Low or medium.

Vivat Imperator's Avatar Tiro

Thanks, plus rep. But I have a question, could it damage my computer? It seems to be working alright, I just need conformation.
    JVSTITIA REGNORVM FVNDAMENTVM

I noticed a problem. Tying this into your script will effectively make the game think that it can take more space up. Therefore, after a long turn or battle it begins to slow down, needs to reload and sometimes crashes. So, thanks for giving the information, but I'd prefer performance over graphics.

yes it make that. Slow your pc but is the only way to have the dead bodyes in the battle, and it cant damage your computer but you can have cdt some time for the extra memory

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

Default Re: Don't settle for forced MEDIUM settings on older comps!

Maybe this doesn't apply as I have no clue about theses sorts of things, but I have a 4870 ATI 1024.
    I could pretty much have everything ramped up, but I`m always looking for more. In my userscript it states:

gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

As mentioned above, by changing this lining as OP suggested, will this help or hinder me.

If help cheers, if hinder, then how could I stretch the video memory capacity? At present I have the Muliplier x3 will WOS etc on, and it runs like a dream, but I do notice bodies and craters might disappear if there`s too much carnage.

Any help much appreciated, also does this work for Empire? I don`t really want to go screwing around with these settings and accidentally fek either or both programs up.

So I`ll wait for someone who knows.

Cheers
    Ships! I see no ships!

Indeed, I have tried this before. I loved it, finally being able to see the glory of great visuals. But, I have to say, it does make your game crash a lot more often - and yes, it will damage your computer in the long run. So, if you have a rubbish computer and are thinking about getting a new one, you might as well use this.

I found it to be great, but it would work for a good three hours if you turned off the computer before playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachinko View Post
    Holy bat sh8t! it works! Sooooo smooth...
    Ive got the 9800 GT is was good before but now! WOW!
    <<<<< LMFAO >>>>>
    AWESOME

stupid question but doing this damages just the graphics card or the whole thing? I've been planning to upgrade my graphics card anyway so i can live with that but i dont want to replace every single part for a few years or so x.x

i love this tweak just don't want to see my PC light on fire one day XD

its turned Napoleon from already max but some lag, to a beautiful symphony of fps and effects

PS: I'm mainly worried because i already overclocked my 2.8ghz processor to 3.4 so i didn't want to double dose it
    Last edited by Stormtrooper; February 26, 2011 at 01:27 PM.
    XBL: The Emperor777
    PSN: Ancient_Jedi
    Steam: stormtrooperge

I as well have the problem of everytime i restart Napoleon my graphics settings go back down to low/medium thus making me rechange it every time i start up the game.

I tried setting my script file to read only, doesnt work.

any other fixes to this problem?

thanks

But de AA (8x 4x) dont work rigth?

I have the same question as Stormtrooper...is this tweak harmful for the graphics card and how so? Please forgive my ignorance
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Cheap's Avatar Libertus
    Between Divodurum, Juliomagus or Agri Decumates

and now, try your game with a projector on your wall, and reduce the res. Everything Ultra with units scale up to 1.5 runs great.
    a benchmark for helping you to optimize your conf: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7...tips/Practice/

For some laptops this change is a must. I have a new laptop with GTX 540M and Intel Graphic linked together via Optimus and Game constantly gives me medium settings as a maximum. 540M has 1 Gb of VRAM, so i have change it in preferences to that number and everything runs fine now..

Blink182's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    For thouse whit MEDIUM settings on older comps. Is Becouse the Video Card are of 256 mb. Changing to 512mb in the Scripts allow you to Use High settings

There is a Simple Script in C/ documents & settings/ *username*/Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts\preferences.script folder.

This lines are in the preferences.script txt.Inside, in the second line of gfx is this.

gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

Edit the Linewhit "0" to this:

gfx_video_memory 10131500000; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

Now you can play N:TW or E:TW at Max!!!!(For Thouse That cant see dead Bodies or Desapear, jut go to options, and set the units in High Resolution!
    i just cant seem to get this.. idk were to find it..

agunter999's Avatar Senator

It works + rep

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456